The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Ugly Little Bugger

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ugly Little Bugger
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2014 04:58 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Went fishing after work yesterday. It was pretty slow. I only managed to land 5 fish and lost two or three. Normally catch 2 or 3 times that many. However it took quite a while to catch that first fish. When I did, I think I caught the ugliest brown trout I've ever seen. Not sure what would cause this, but I do know they are really tough little fish, and survive some pretty horrific injuries. Pretty sure this one speaks with a hairlip. I think I'll call him Timmy. [Wink]
 -

Same fish other side.
 -

Thankfully the rest of the trout looked more like this.
 -

...and this...
 -

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2014 09:05 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to admit, you got a chuckle out of me!

My "pen pal" keeps me updated on his opinions almost every day, commenting on the various threads and posts. Instead of using the term: HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED, it would save some typing to say; "Hairlip" thinks this, or "hairlip" thinks that.

Sudden thought! He's not actually a hair lip, is he? I can't tell, all that beard stuff? Guys with beards, like TA and Victor, seems difficult to keep some types of food from being smeared all over one's face? Never have and never will.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: I have gone a week or so without shaving, when out in the woods. I know, nobody cares.

[ April 15, 2014, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2014 09:12 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Troy, your camera. It seems to pixel-ate the dots? What is the megapixtlal rating of that camera? Seems they only do that when optically increasing the magnification? I don't know?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2014 09:17 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope the photos aren't pixelated. These browns just have zillions of little silver scales that make it look that way. If the photo was overblown or pixelated all the other details in the photo would be as well. Note my hand, the rocks, the fishing pole/reel are all sharp and clear.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2014 09:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I know, but it kinda looks that way.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2014 10:08 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Yup it does.
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2014 02:19 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
We may not have the quality of fishing that Ursus does, but yesterday I caught a 10 inch Artic Grayling. Last thing I ever expected to catch in Arizona.

[Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2014 02:48 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
HA HA you misspelled ARCTIC GRAYLING. Without Dan, (the man) in attendance somebody has to do these things.

There is a place above the San Carlos where the black and white rivers come together that "might" hold grayling?

But, good for you! I never have but would sure like to catch one. You did release it, of course?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2014 07:13 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
If that's the worst mistake I make all week, it will be a damn good week !!!! [Cool]

Yeah, catch and release, artificials only, single barbless hook.
I'm turning into a regular purist. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2014 04:48 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Koko, the irony of that is that I've yet to catch a grayling and I live in Montana where they aren't particularly scarce. I just haven't ever lived near where they are though. I would have never guessed Arizona, that does suprise me. Arizona does have some exceptional fishing though for a desert state. As a kid I grew up fishing on Patagonia, Parker, Lake Powell, and the many fishing ponds on the Huachuca Military Base...it was a good childhood. [Smile]

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters