The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Meanwhile in Nevada... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Nevada...
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2014 07:26 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
This case does puzzle me a bit. I rarely deal with ranchers, so I have to respect Cal's, Gordies, and all you others that do have experience there.

The vulgar display of power, similar to what happened in Waco does frost my balls though. I don't think I am as cynical as LB about LEO's but probably not too far away from it. I just flatly don't trust the gov't as a collective whole. Yea I know there are some "good guys" out there, but too many turds.

It is a damn shame because I love my country, I just lost almost all faith in our elected leaders. I trust them about as much as the guy standing on the corner trying to sell me some Rolex watches for a great price.

I am curious where this will go from here. I don't think for a second that the gov't is just going to give up. Deal or no deal. Too many big shots got embarrassed.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2014 07:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I agree, although I too, am not nearly as cynical as LB.

But, I am particularly cynical about anything snopes has to say about anything. They are fucking Liberals of the first order and as such, confirmed liars. I don't know why anybody would trust snopes to tell them if something is true or not?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DiYi
Wears wife's pink panties under his camo for good luck. (yeah, right!)
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2014 10:17 AM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
There are reasons for the display of power-at least in my opinion.Dig into this a little bit and you'll see lots of threats made against the Gov employees and their families and at least 3 pipe bombs planted and exploded in Gov offices there since 1995.Yeh these guys are real heros.
Posts: 623 | From: SoDak | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
DiYi
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2014 11:35 AM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
Now here's grounds for violence.Those in the North may appreciate it.A mini blizzard going on here as I type.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid3255438759001?bckey=AQ~~%2cAAAAAFdYoqI~%2cXOSXSsnIVNzYpPbBgpj7tnmLJ203RKL7&bctid=3399601721001

Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2014 12:39 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if Bundy is a thug, idiot or a asshole, or ??? But I do know that the BLM is very active these days playing tough guy and placing BLM signs most everywhere they please. I have some land in the Mojave High Desert area and for the past couple of years a friend/caretaker has had more than one encounter with these clowns building fences near "my" water source and claiming the area WHICH I OWN, not lease, as theirs. So form your own opinions as to their right to remove, replace and or claim something that they haven't a clue about. Think water rights when you decide their motive

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2014 01:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Mike. You are smart fella! I mentioned previously speculation about water and I know first hand, the aggressive attitude of these BLM people in the Mojave Desert, East Mojave and Death Valley. They really act like a land "owner" that works actively to keep the public off the land by intimidation and harassment.

For instance, in the East Mojave National Park, they have taken a position against sport hunters and harass them at every opportunity. They have a policy particularly against predator hunters and only grudgingly accept quail hunters and deer hunters. They scorn coyote hunters and make no bones about it.

On the other hand, they encourage backpackers in shorts wandering around and most of them are foreigners fascinated
with our National Park System. Since East Mojave is the most recent, there is a lot of interest in the wild west and hunters scare these people, afraid they will catch a stray bullet.

I am especially peeved that BLM is catering to FOREIGNERS while harassing American citizens. Sometimes it's hard to recognize my free country while being administered by Liberal assholes and jackbooted thugs.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2014 01:23 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly...fuck them.

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted April 16, 2014 01:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting article:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/375851/rule-lawless-kevin-d-williamson

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2014 01:52 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
LB & Mark both posted the motivation of the BLM, WATER! No water no cows, no cows no cowboys. Redistribution or as da pezadent says CHANGE. Does anyone think for a second that some new "G" something or another boss doesn't have some CHANGE in mind on who pays and receives a bribe. BLM sQwat team on standby 24/7 for enforcement.
I truly am surprised it took the ignorant sonabitches 40 years to figure it out. Maybe the last 4+ years and who be running da show these days gotz da ball rollin.

--------------------
mike

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2014 01:56 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Another little secret, BLM trashed his corrals and water tanks, killed his bulls!

Paid damned near a million dollars to round up his cattle!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/16/feds-accused-leaving-trail-wreckage-after-nevada-ranch-standoff/

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2014 03:47 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
Once again.....

It's not HIS land. It never was.

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2014 03:49 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
It appears to me to be a typical gov't flustercuck. With Utahs governor and cattle houses saying "NO", they were lost. They just aren't used to anyone stopping them from getting their way.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
DiYi
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2014 04:42 PM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
Amen Cal.
And he has forced us to spend millions to try get our own land back.As I said there isn't a single Constitutional or States Rights issue involved so all this is over a deadbeat paying up.Now I see they have a new 'strategist 'who says the strategy will be to march the women in front so they'll have to shoot them first.
Great.Nothing like men stepping up for their 'rights'.

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2014 06:45 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay Cal and DiYi. Let's start there.

It isn't, nor was it ever his land. But, they are his cattle... tangible property. And yes, for all intents and purposes, the guy was freeloading off federal grass.

Had this been any one of us and we took something from someone else, how would the matter have been handled? How long would it have taken for the matter to be handled and resolved?

Why the militarization of alphabet agencies? And why did they come after Clive Bundy's family and livelihood to this degree?

To me, therein lies the true issue here that needs to be discussed and about which we should be concerned.

When I first started working for our Sheriff's Department, it was as a dispatcher. I was called to work one Saturday night and advised that there were "special units" operating in the county that night and to expect additional radio traffic. This was in the late 1980's and involved what booger mentioned earlier - the Posse Commitatus movement. We had especially stubborn old man who was the patriarch of a large local family and he had refused to pay federal income taxes for a while. And his ass was in a sling for it.

But, they didn't send in 200+ armed federal storm troopers with attack dogs and helos. They sent two U.S. Marshals. Those guys were here for three days and on the third night, when the subject they were after, was away from his home and in a location where taking him down would not jeopardize his family, these two Marshals swooped in and arrested him. No fuss. No muss. They got their man, he was in custody and the courts handled the disposition of any assets he owned as to what he owed the government and how that debt would be paid.

Again, what can we read into the extreme federal law enforcement response in this matter and what does it foretell about how the government intends to deal with anyone who chooses to speak out against them? best to think about this now rather than find ourselves surprised and overwhelmed later.

[ April 16, 2014, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2014 08:21 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics sucks.

So did the free loader put out a call or did the "militia" just happen by?

Seems to me there had to have been planning on both sides and the Feds knew there would be armed resistance. Now they want to protest that the Feds brought bigger guns?

Fella's, if you think the dog won't bite, you're mistaken. Poke it with a stick and face the consequences.

And all this over a deadbeat who stole from "we the people".

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2014 08:56 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know all of the facts about this but Cal's opinion carries a lot of weight & that's good enough for me.

I do know that over in this area there are ranchers who don't know the difference between a Deed and a Grazing Permit. Finding Public Land that has been posted is not uncommon.
We also commonly find ranchers posting deeded land in a way that will block access to millions of acres of Public Land. They have the right, but the day will come that it bites them in the ass.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2014 12:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Many years ago, we used to hunt our way south from remote areas of northern Nevada. It was not habitual, but happened enough that we started carrying a four foot pair of bolt cutters.

For their own reasons, occasionally someone would put a lock on a previously open gate, in the middle of nowhere? You have to understand the gas situation where it's not possible to turn around and go back the way you came in, often more than fifty miles of bad road.

Knowing these places to be open range and some "Bundy" has decided to actively protect his stock from someone that left a gate open, he locks it and feels justified.

As a courtesy, we would cut the chain next to his lock, and fix it up best we could. But, when you are out of options, and there is pavement (and gas) a few miles beyond the gate, you do what you have to do, considering this is all BLM and nobody has the right to put a lock on a gate. I don't care how many cows you have.

I think it was/is a very few jerks trying to get away with it, and maybe having the intent to come back in the morning and unlock it? We were usually night hunting and couldn't wait on the possibility that somebody might show up in the morning. In fact, it always seemed to happen when we just couldn't afford to wait around.

Locking gates on BLM is total BS.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2014 03:51 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,I have experianced just that very same situation here and have had to cut my way to freedom a few times over the years. But a guy has to do what a guy has to do at times and that's all there is to that.I like it when I come OUT on a road and see a NO Motorized Veh sign on it and wonder where the one was I guess I missed. lol. Here in Nevada it is all about water and energy and locking up the land for profit.Remember VOTE THEM ALL OUT!!!!!!Every one of those worthless bastards.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 640 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2014 07:41 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
My problem with this whole deal is that why have they been screwing with him for over 20 years on the same issue?

Why the heavy handed show of force now?

Apparently, the BLM has won a judgement in Federal Court, so why didn't they just slap a lien on all of the Bundy assets which they certainly had a right to do?

In the scheme of things $1 million to our government is just a pimple on a gnat's ass.

The current director of the BLM is a Reid crony who is a 35 year old punk that doesn't know shit about any type of management, let alone public land management.

My initial blush is that it was a show of force by the good 'ol gubmint to keep the populace in their place, and it had little to do with Mr. Bundy.

The good things that came out of it was that no stupid shits got killed, and the government learned that the public is getting fed up with being bullied.

Guess we will see what we see.

[ April 17, 2014, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2014 08:12 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I love these guys with the dark tactical glasses and the matching gloves....tough sonofabitches?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ5AzjQF6Kw&feature=player_embedded

Posts: 1630 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2014 09:06 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
A pity that my government doesn't expend as much energy as that protecting the border.

[Eek!] [Mad] [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2014 10:19 AM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember the source(?) but an adult cow drinks appx. 20 gals of water per day, if available. Not sure about the weight/amount of grass it consumes?
According to the Google blog on Cliven Bundy, he is the last of the BLM renters in that area, 1993 was the last year of the land rental in that area. As others have posted he probably is a squatter on BLM land. Has he in the past not allowed others to water their livestock (cows not wild horses)OR, did the Feds decide all the water is needed for the wild horses? Somewhere I read a quote from a G man that said "we don't want his (Bundy's) cows spoiling the area that our wild horses can use". Something is missing! Another typical half assed government operation, with video "poof". I like Vic's You Tube video of the tough guy cop body slamming the Bundy woman!!!! Wow! the only thing missing was a double tap behind the ear while she was on the ground.

--------------------
mike

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2014 10:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm no expert, but. I have not seen many mustangs in that part of Nevada. Mostly further north. Could be but the thing is wild horses are the worst plague on the land you can imagine. They compete with all wildlife for graze and water, burros are just as bad and just as much of a nuisance. For anybody to use the argument that cows are drinking water that wild horses need is an idiot! We don't need mustangs, they are a complete blight on the landscape and should be culled, except for the friggin' bunny huggers.

Boy, that takes the cake! Bundy's cows are drinking water needed by mustangs. That's a crock of shit! Mustangs are worthless, we could thin them back to 10% and all desert wildlife would be better off. (end of rant)

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2014 01:00 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2014 01:11 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
An interesting perspective from someone who was there...

http://www.westernjournalism.com/footage-bundy-massacre/#u7ZA7bwPbxsLEAY0.01

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters