The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » When I say snakes I mean snakes!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When I say snakes I mean snakes!
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2014 11:47 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Not too long agon I made a post about buying a handgun because we have a lot of rattle snakes around here. Somebody a lot braver than me took the time to video tape a den here in Montana. I don't the exact location it was taken, but it could have just as easy been right around here as anywhere.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DaGsnFv_00

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2014 04:22 AM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking 12 gauge followed by about 10 gallons of gas and diesel and a match.

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2014 05:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
+1

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2014 06:01 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a pretty cool little vid!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2014 07:31 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how close he got to those critters? How much zoom was used on the camera?

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2014 07:52 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
While I normally just walk around rattlers and leave them alone, if that's what you're dealing with, I would suggest that a flame thrower might be more useful than a handgun.

[Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2014 01:50 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
That was a nasty mess of snakes. There's a few pairs of boots in that den! Shotgun, TNT, Flamethrower...whatever it takes.
Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2014 02:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know. I have no problem with those that have all this charity towards rattle snakes. Especially one minding it's own business. But an aggressive snake is a dangerous snake, or another way of saying it; a dead snake.

But what we have in this video is something that appears to have no redeeming value. If I had the time, I might have the inclination to deal with them with whatever means at my disposal.

Not some dedicated thing but I can't understand the attitude to let the poor critters be...as they ain't hurting anything. That's a debatable opinion. Because there looked to be several dozen reasons to protect a human or a bird dog.

I've never been bit and I have done some stupid things with rattlesnakes, but this kid has no great love for EVERY ONE of God's creatures. I'm not crazy about spiders, either, and will go out of my way to step on one.

But, fine. Let your conscience be your guide. But, if I had ten gallons...I might not brag about it but I might get those warm fuzzies you get from a good deed.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2014 04:32 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I say "turn The Sqwat Team loose on em", seems like cops kill someone every time they're called out so let them get some practice in on a real threat.

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2014 06:12 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
That Camera man had some balls, snake gaiters, and/or a pair of sheet rock stilts. The snakes were probably on the cold side at the time of filming and half asleep. Otherwise I believe they would have been more aggressive.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1926 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2014 07:45 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Short video clip I made some years ago of aggressive rattler.

This one wasn't super aggressive, but you'll note he is positioned to strike at maximum distance and maximum height. Think he was setting up to bite me in the face [Big Grin] .

-

This one was cold, just laying there like that doing nothing.

-

-

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters