The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Selling Canon wildlife photography setup...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Selling Canon wildlife photography setup...
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2014 08:42 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Just in case anyone here is interested.

A Canon 60D camera body in good condition, with an 18-135mm Canon EF-S lens. Everything that originally came with the kit included - strap, documentation, battery charger, software etc. Plus a lens hood and Magic Lantern guide (book that is a thousand times better than the manual). Lens has a scratch on front element - can't detect it in the pictures it takes - it's the lens all the non-wildlife pictures I've posted have been taken with. But, it does have a scratch. Camera body has some shiny spots from being carried, but is in perfect working order.

Plus...

A Sigma 150-500 APO DG OS HSM lens. Newest version, with the smooth finish, I bought new two years ago. Very sharp copy of this lens. Can send links to image examples if you contact me and ask.

Glass is perfect.

Body has two small rub marks from being carried.

Comes with all original packaging and paper work, hood, caps, nice padded case, tripod collar and strap.

This is the outfit I've taken all the wildlife pictures I have posted with. It works!

$1,150 OBO for all of it - price includes CONUS shipping.

Or...

$675 OBO for just the Sigma 150-500 - price includes CONUS shipping.

I won't sell the 60D until after the lens is sold. So, either all of it, or just the big Sigma for now.

I bought the camera kit for $1250 not quite three years ago. Bought the lens for $1069 two years ago. Selling to fund a new one.

Thanks for looking!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2014 05:20 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
DAA, I am so tempted. If this were a 70D I would have bought it already. So what are you planning on upgrading to?
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2014 08:35 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
If it were a 70D that price would be for camera body only [Big Grin] .

In fact, if I get it all sold, that's what the money will go to - a new 70D (body only).

It's actually only a small, incremental upgrade from the 60D, but a couple of the new features are ones I'd like to play with. The dual pixel LV AF in particular. Better high ISO would be sweet too - although the actual samples I've seen, it's a pretty small improvement there.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters