The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » This drives me nuts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This drives me nuts
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2014 06:12 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
OK, If you haven't heard already, there has been another shooting at Fort Hood. I generally like watching FOX news. However, whenever something like this happens, or a plane crash, they stop all regular programing and talk about the event all freaking day or week.

No new news mind you, just the same regurgitated crap over, and over, and over again. Sometimes they will bring in new super genius guys or a few ex cops then the shrinks, but they just repeat the same crap all over again.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2014 06:50 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been waiting on FOX for 45 minutes for a press conference. So far this General can't tell us anything. BUT, FOR SURE IT WAS NOT A TERRORIST ATTACK <smirk>

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2014 07:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
On the one hand, they said the guy bought his 45 recently. Then, they said he was being evaluated for psychiatric issues. Which makes me wonder how he was passed for purchasing the weapon on the background check.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2014 05:51 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just guessing Leonard, but I would think that "evaluated" is the key word there, maybe?

[ April 03, 2014, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: TRnCO ]

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2014 07:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Could be? But that was my word of choice, based on statements about something that had been going on for a long time. If he was in Iraq in 2011, and they spend three years "evaluating" before they pronounce him a mental case, I dunno? On the other hand, I wouldn't think they should label the guy as unbalanced because he was prescribed Valium.

I don't know, but these assholes always take the easy way out. I guess it's better than the mess dealing with this "Major" arab fucker. That guy desperately needs a slow GARROTE.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2014 02:48 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I have no freaking clue what was going on in this guys head. Who could?

But there is speculation that he was giving some payback to some other soldiers.

There are plenty of bad guys enlisting.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2014 03:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, yeah. It's scary when you think about fucking with somebody who is a jerk...but the jerk can't deal with it and they go off their rocker. So, next time you tell somebody to "fuck off" or flip off a guy on the road, remember, they walk among us.

I'm pretty open. It's not hard to come up with my phone number and street address. When I think about it, it's hard to believe I haven't pissed someone off, enough to take action? Mano e mano.

Some people just aren't NORMAL. Or maybe "stable" is a better word?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

brad h
Knows what it's all about
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2014 09:33 PM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
It goes with managing people too if that's your occupation. You slap someone's hand, hurt their feelings, whatever, you never know what's in going on in their head or what they'll do.

I know what you mean, Dan. It's a slow news time. Other than that missing plane anything that comes up gets beat and analyzed to death with every expert they can dig up or get a phone number for.

HLN airs some interesting trials from time to time if you can stomach that Nancy Grace and Jean Velez. Their my redirect when I get tired of Fox.

Brad

[ April 03, 2014, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: brad h ]

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2014 04:04 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
In all the vast resources & collective 'expertise' that news agencies can muster, you won't ever hear a single one of 'em speculate or question what, and how many types of psychotropic drugs these fuckin' nutballs were prescribed. And they damn well don't ever question if those same drugs could be the actual catalyst in someone flippin' fully the fuck out and going on a rampage.
Look at every murder/suicide/mass shooting in recent history. To a one, every nutball was on some type of anti-depressant/sleep aid/mood enhancer. Why is it, that the side effects of those types of drugs are never brought into question? Seems all to easy to blame the "disease", over scrutinizing the 'treatment'...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters