The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Another Situation For You Guys: TeenBoy Shot by Police (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Another Situation For You Guys: TeenBoy Shot by Police
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2010 06:39 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Lance, thanks for not taking offense, I knew from what you told us about it, it might get personal and that you didn't, speaks highly of you in my book.

Violence sucks but it's all it knows and all it respects.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2010 10:31 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
That's difficult stuff Lance, you just have to keep showing him love.

I do understand how that must make you feel. I was hit in the head working at the railroad. My ex used that in court against me during our divorce, saying I was more irritable.

Hell, I was just in a really bad mood most of the time dealing with not being able to work. I've been around people that could not control their emotions at all after an accident. The human condition is delicate and once the balance is broken it's hard to keep life on level.

Nikonut

IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2010 11:25 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Thoughts and prayers sent Lance.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2010 05:12 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
We had a stand off less than a mile from my house last night. Woman broke into her ex's house and stole a pistol. They finally found her sitting on the train tracks. Yes, I live near the tracks. Anyway, the cops shut down all the surrounding roads and Union Pacific. After 9 hours It ended after they bought her a Sonic cheeseburger. Just saying...
Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2010 05:56 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had Sonic cheesburgers. Compared to an InNOut DoubleDouble, they ain't much. And, I live not much more than a mile from an Amtrack line. Is that something to be ashamed of? I don't know? Let me know. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2010 06:42 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like a different type of situation Brad.

I am glad it was resolved peacefully though.

Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2010 08:33 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
An InNOut Double Double can't touch a Sonic burger. All InNOut does is give me the shits. It's not bad to live by the tracks as long as you're on the right side. An Amtrak line doesn't count LB.

It was a different situation. I just found the timing interesting.

Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2010 08:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yawn; what does an Okie know? DoubleDouble's rule!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2010 09:22 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I must be a dinosaur; Ive never sank a tooth in one of the much adored In and Out burgers? Drove by with my daughter in Tucson, and to me, it looks like a glorified Micky Ds? Same color scheme, adn the burger looks to be about the same quality, although my daughter and son in law say they are good?
Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2010 03:06 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
The best burgers I have ever had were at a place called "Stoolies" in Gainesville, Texas.
They were unbelievable, and my buddy and I kept on going back there during our stay.

I would swear that the Texans must keep the best beef for themselves.

Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2010 05:17 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I think I had an In and Out burger in Phoenix? I know Higgins and Fred took me somewhere after pickin me up at the airport and the comment was made that this was the famous burger joint LB talks about. They make homemade french fries where you can watch while in the drive through, is that the place?

To me, the burger was good. Not extra special, but good. Fries were good. Sonic burgers are the same, ok, but not great. Culvers has the best fast food burgers, IMHO. And I get to sample burgers often with two yungins at home. LOL

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2010 06:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
InNOut for those of us raised here in SoCal, the origin of much pop culture in the 50s and 60s, is a symbol that has not changed since we drove our mom's car for the first time, that's where everything happened, a seen and be seen place, and they INVENTED the California style of burger that the whole country is serving, today. Sort of a much copied, never duplicated, situation. George Lucas' semi documentary, American Graffiti although set in central California, was based on 1950's southern California teen culture, of which InNOut Burger played a large part. If you don't appreciate a DoubleDouble, youmust be some kind of hick from back east?

Andy, I know there is one in Scottsdale, which is in the opposite direction from Sky Harbor, if you are going to Tucson? Maybe they have others, they are expanding all over I think there are a half a dozen in Las Vegas? AZ is always slow on following trends, but they have a few. I took my Army buddy from Omaha to an InNOut and although polite, I don't think he really "got it"? Go ahead, be a po dunk. Don't matter to me. People don't realize that they follow California trends, but they do. They say, (and it is true) that the latest SoCal culture is eleven hours away from Tokyo. About ten years, for the midwest and MacNeal.

Good hunting. LB

[ April 17, 2010, 06:47 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2010 06:56 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard my friend; I'd be perfectly happy to have every cultural phenomenon that ever gets a start in California, just plain pass around me and my little world in MacNeal,
Here in the true west, we as a whole, don't really take to fry top burgers, we perfer grilled beef. One fry top burger is about like any other fry top burger to me, other than the condiments one can place on top?

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2010 07:03 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
To the guys from back east a "double double" means a double egg sandwich from Harry's in Ridgefied, NJ.

This is the same place where the mafioso serial hit man the "Iceman" said in his HBO interview he dumped a body outside in the parking lot in a steel drum.

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2010 07:13 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
In and out? Double Double? Never heard of em.

A&W was the first drive in around 1920 it opened in Sacramento.

The first Sonic drive in opened in 1953, here in okieland and their burgers still suck, that is if they get your order right and bring you a burger...

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2010 07:32 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I agree on the Sonic. I had never had one, my first was in MacNeal with Vic and Tim, but I did notice there is one east of me somewhere? Not popular, and not very many in California.

Look, you guys. I understand and appreciate all the CA bashing shit. I'm on your side, but it didn't used to be that way. All you people have assimulated the CA culture via Hollywood and TV, whether you know it or not. Other than backwaters like Minneesota, that is. Maybe MacNeal, too?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2010 08:25 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Never heard of In and Out either ?

However Sonics started popping up all over the place about 4-5 yrs ago, I'm not impressed at all.

Truthfully I hardly ever eat out anymore, when I do its at a local mom n' pop burger or pizza joint.I admit that I'm lucky for the last 4 1/2 yrs I work only three miles from home, so I go home for lunch and cook or have leftovers.

Its weird now that I'm in my 40's I cant hardly stomach fast food anymore ? tears me up.

[ April 17, 2010, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2010 08:26 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
For a REAL burger............TOMMY'S Chili Cheese Burger!!!!!

We used to call them the 'Edible Enema'. [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2010 08:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, those are good. Good and sloppy. Don't wear good clothes. The one on Rampart is where you could see Dodgers after the game, standing in line like everybody else. How retro, a cooler with bottles of pop, help yourself. And, eat standing up, at a shelf. But, an experience, after a Dodger game not to be missed.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2010 08:56 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, everyone here in OK lives near the tracks. We are really blessed here with two railways intersecting in our town.
As far as the sonic burger, I would have held out for an Oreo or Butterfinger blast, at least thats what its gonna take to get me down off my water tower. Of course, some cheese covered tatertots might get my attention also!

Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2010 10:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, free DoubleDoubles, this week end! Just stop by the house and we go, I pay. For registered Humtmasters members, in good standing. I'm sure everybody exc4pt Okies will appreciate a superior burger. This is the one thing that everybody moving from CA hunger for, just ask them.

Good hunting. LB

edit: offer not good for the asshole that keeps signing me up for trips to Orlando!

[ April 17, 2010, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2010 10:59 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing quite like going for a "Whitecastle Slider" after a Cardinal's game. They sure could make you hurry back home!

A&W and "Dog & Suds" for me! That's been so long ago... Still hit "Steak and Shake" for a plate of "Chilli Mac".

I'm an Okie but I have to agree that Sonic sucks!!!!! [Eek!] [Razz]

WOW! This post really got side tracked. Probably a good thing...

Nikonut [Big Grin]

[ April 17, 2010, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Nikonut ]

IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2010 11:55 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Not sidetracked at all, someone mentioned waiting the kid out till he got hungry and viola, a double double.

Makes perfect sense here at HM and we love Elbee for it.

Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2010 12:17 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Nikonut, I agree.

Its a 2 1/2 hr drive to see a Cardinal game for us. After a good 7:05 game and a belly full of beer, a box full of Whitecastle belly bombers work really well for the ride home!!

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2010 12:30 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
WOW! This post really got side tracked. Probably a good thing...
No problem here.

Enjoy...

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters