The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Cat forum   » Is a law being broken here?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is a law being broken here?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted May 03, 2013 07:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.maniacworld.com/very-brave-rescue.html

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2013 08:16 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
If it wasn't his trap, it was illegal.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2013 05:13 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
nothing illegal seen?? he was an idiot though for using a forked stick. cats are incredible strong agile animals

[ May 03, 2013, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: the bearhunter ]

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2013 06:32 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
My opinion is it actually was illegal tampering with somebody else's trap.

The reason is; if it was his, (and they were identified as Forestry workers, I believe?) then why didn't he have a catch pole? And, he didn't seem very versed in releasing an animal from a trap, in the first place.

So, if it wasn't his trap, then he was breaking the law to be messing with somebody's set. I think the proper thing to do, if he had concerns that the animal "would chew his leg off" he should have just killed it and drive off. I don't know, but the trapper that left the trap out in the open where those knuckleheads could see is also culpable.

Just my opinion as a non trapper. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2013 07:29 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Geordie..

I'm sure other states have the same law or similar as MN. No one touches another trappers traps cept for the owner of the trap or a warden...

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5082 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted May 05, 2013 12:17 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll go out on a limb and guess that those knucleheads were someplace they weren't supposed to be. The only explanation for that trap being someplace where it or an animal caught in it might be easily seen is that nobody else but the trapper and/or landowner is supposed to be there.

I hope that video finds its way into a courtroom some day. I wouldn't be very happy if I came upon a couple of dipshits who had just turned a $300 or more cat loose for me.

Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
furhvstr
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1389

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2013 02:05 AM      Profile for furhvstr   Email furhvstr         Edit/Delete Post 
Based on their accent I would say they are from Pennsylvania. They have a one cat limit statewide I believe. It used to be a draw and like winning the lottery for those guys.

Common to turn cats loose there and many other states until you catch the one you want. Also common to turn cats loose in the process of catching other critters.

Not common to use a stick or film it. Stupid.

I have turned them loose using sticks, shovels, crates, cardboard boxes when ill prepared. Stupid.

Against the law in every state I am familiar with to molest anothers trap or catch.
ML

[ May 14, 2013, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: furhvstr ]

Posts: 144 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2013 07:37 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking that these clowns have taken stupid to a new level, or at least foolish to the 2nd or 3rd power.
Even though bobcats aren't my strong suit, I've called a few, trapped a few and think that I know a few things about them.
Some of the things that I think I know are;
(1) Bobcats are really fast with that slashing move they do.
(2) Bobcats are a lot stronger than they look.
(3) Bobcat claws and teeth are really pointy & sharp.
(4) Cat Scratch Fever is not just a Ted Nugent song.
If one of those knuckle-heads had gotten nailed by that 'cat they would likely be looking at about 5 to 20 stitches and the probability of a septic infection.
Ignorance is bliss & those guys are pretty damn blissful. [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
John D. Stipek
PAKMAN
Member # 4469

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2014 04:02 PM      Profile for John D. Stipek           Edit/Delete Post 
In Missouri it is illegal to tamper with another persons trap if it is set in a legal manor.If caught, you would be fined. Or shot in some parts of the state.

--------------------
John D. Stipek

Posts: 1 | From: Missouri | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2014 05:47 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Decided to join in old man?

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2014 07:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to The New HuntmastersBBS.com, John D. Stipek. Glad to have you on board.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters