The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Optics forum   » Thru the scope pic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thru the scope pic
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2014 04:38 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Enjoyed a nice Sunrise the other morning, while waiting on a buck to show itself. Just as dawn was breaking, these two deer crested the skyline and fed across the hillside. Was watching them in the scope & decided to get my phone out & try to snap some pics. As luck would have it, got the lenses sorta lined up...
 -

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2014 05:16 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Fred.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2014 06:20 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool !!
[Cool]

Now we take for granted that we can photograph animals thru our scopes with our phones. Gran-pa would be amazed. [Eek!]
> A hundred years ago, technology was pretty much represented by the telegraph. Wonder where we'll be a hundred years from now ??
We are the Borg. You will be assimilated.............?????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2014 06:39 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted December 02, 2014 08:48 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
in fact, it's tacticool.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2014 10:45 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Neat!

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2014 12:14 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, fellas!
I ranged those deer @ 725yds with the Leica 1600b The scope is cranked up to 15x magnification.

Technology is amazing, and a heckuvalotta fun!!!

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2014 09:32 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Swarovski has an adapter for the iPhone but I think it would be cheaper to buy a high dollar camera and lense.

Technology don't come cheap.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2014 06:54 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, there are a few digiscoping adaptors on the market now that mate a smartphone up to a scope/spotter eyepiece. Phoneskope is one that comes to mind, off the bat. I haven't used one yet, as I have my phone in a Lifeproof case, so won't fit in the Phoneskope cradle...

Lining it up freehand is kinda like that old game called Operation "...it takes a very steady hand!"

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2014 11:53 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Tom, there are a few digiscoping adaptors on the market now that mate a smartphone up to a scope/spotter eyepiece. Phoneskope is one that comes to mind, off the bat. I haven't used one yet, as I have my phone in a Lifeproof case, so won't fit in the Phoneskope cradle...

Was just getting ready to ask the question how you did this, and now I know...nice, steady hand, Fred! [Wink]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
tawnoper
Member # 497

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2015 10:45 AM      Profile for tawnoper   Email tawnoper         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a couple pics. Just a plain ol point and shoot camera through the scope. I took probably half dozen photos but only a few came out.

-

-

Posts: 53 | From: socal | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2015 09:22 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
WOW, excellent shot of that bobcat!!!

As an aside, Phoneskope now makes a cradle for the iPhone/Lifeproof case (yay!) Got one coming. Gonna mess around with it soon, maybe roll some video of killing metal plates & see how it turns out...

knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2015 10:39 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
how bout a thru the spotter pic of a nice 10pt?
I passed this sucker like 3 different times, he was daring me to blast him. For some strange reason, I just didn't take a slam dunk shot & left him alone...
 -

In hindsight, I enjoyed taking video & pics more than if I'd have shot him! Can see how Dave takes such pleasure in getting the incredible pics that he does!!!
Speaking of which, any thoughts for a 2016 calendar, Dave???

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2015 03:53 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Fred, calendar is looking unlikely this year. Just have not had enough time to get out and get the pictures.

Don't want to put one out without my best stuff.

- Dave

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2015 03:55 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Let me re-phrase that slightly. I have enough warm weather pics from this summer and early fall, some really good ones. But not enough cold weather shots. Calendar would suck without some good icy cold scenes!

- DAA

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2015 04:51 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
A rock art calendar would be fine !!!!!

Hint......hint.....hint !!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters