The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » Hello, experts? How is 9mm better than 40S&W (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Hello, experts? How is 9mm better than 40S&W
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2019 07:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No mistake, at all. You know that famous Strother Martin quote: "What we got here is a failure to communicate."

Or, my personal favorite, from Butch Cassidy: "BINGO!"

Anyway, I can't help it! Next to my dislike for AR's, the next (currently) is Glocks and their many numbers and why, if I may ask, do they start with 17? What happened to 1 through 16?

And, yeah, .45 is a good one, I admit that. That's the whole point of this thread, that is it or isn't it? the 9mm round adequate? With what little I know, my opinion is that the cartridge is MARGINAL. Some feel differently, and maybe they are entitled to their opinion a bit more than I am. I'm not even a handgun people. I consider myself a rifleman, about 80%. then 8% shotgun and 8% handgun, and that's the extent of my bonafides.

But, I do think the 40S&W is a lot more legit as a personal defense cartridge than the wildly famous and popular 9mm.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31258 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2019 03:39 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
There are two schools of thought on the Glock numerology.

One is the Glock 17, their first handgun, has a 17 round magazine capacity.

The other more plausible school of thought is that it was Gaston Glock's 17th patent. Prior to manufacturing handguns, Glock manufactured other items such as knives and shovels.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 01, 2019 04:18 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
When and if the time comes to defend your guns 2-A
a bolt action ain't gonna get it. you will be glad for that old colt in your safe! Parts easily accessible , hell I built my son an AR with a shillen barrel and a Timmney trigger for less than 600 bucks . Ragged hole shooter btw!

Hope none of this happen but with the dems anything can go !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 01, 2019 06:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn Paul, you paint an ugly scenario. Do you really think the Dinks want to take away my deer rifle? They just want "common sense" gun laws where I could still go to a secure location and look at my gun, but probably not shoot it.

So, I think you nailed the reason why I still have that old Colt A1. It may come in handy, if I have the balls to use it. That's the thing about Girly Men, (Liberals) I think they have no balls? There must be a way they have been chemically castrated by being fed that progressive bullshit for so long. And another thing. Does Hillary look like she's juiced up on testosterone, or what? I thought Trump drove a stake through her heart in 2016? But she still thinks she was robbed. Almost makes me feel sorry for the worthless bitch.

Where were we? Oh yeah! You need to show me where I can get one of those sub MOA machine guns that I hear about all the time. Then I can stack all of my clunky bolt actions out at the curb on trash day. Thank you. [Smile]

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2019 06:23 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
A new 10mm 1911 is out for LB:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/dan-wessons-kodiak-10mm-1911/

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2019 09:31 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, thanks! I'll put it on my Christmas list. Good looking, no doubt. Unusual arrangement on the barrel lock, looks upside down? The price is three times what I paid for my Springfield A1, which is very well made, by the way. Although it's 45ACP. I don't know? A 10mm is a tempting option, but are they a bitch to shoot? Maybe the 6" barrel is helpful? Tritone is slick, but is it gilding the Lilly? That treatment, whatever it is, ceracoat or ? won't last forever. My stainless 1911A1 will, and it has VERY similar sights, by the way.

Three grand is reasonable at your bracket, but I keep telling you, I'm on a very modest fixed income! Get the gang together and contribute. Then I would be very grateful!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DiYi
Wears wife's pink panties under his camo for good luck. (yeah, right!)
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2019 04:41 AM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
LB,here you go,a
glock 9 to love.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/05/31/approaching-mach-2-with-a-glock/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2019-06-01&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

Posts: 623 | From: SoDak | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2019 07:42 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
El Bee is so anti-Glock that he likely won't see past the chick-a with the big butt & white-wall haircut.
She is kinda hot in a skanky kind of way, though. [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7476 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted June 03, 2019 08:41 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You say that like it's a flaw in my personality? Just because your hero and mine, (Victor) loves his Glocks does not make it graven in stone, as JH used to say. Besides, it turns out he now owns a Springfield Armory 45ACP, and loves the thing! OK, I just made that part up, but true Glock men wouldn't be caught dead at the range shooting a 1911.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: PS oh yeah, I forgot to comment on that, (what the hell was it, 9X25?) like they said in the comments, the 38 Super has been around since (I believe) 1930 something? And, it does it, if that's how you want to get it done? The thing is, 38 Super is a Mexican cartridge for the 1911 and the reason is because that country have been afraid of a revolution for at least 75 years, and they desperately need one. They do not allow any rifle or handgun to be chambered in a military cartridge so that's why they don't have 45ACP and 30'06. Instead, they have 38 Super and 270Winchester. Used to be, but I'm not current down there anymore. I got smart. LB

[ June 03, 2019, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters