The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » Triggertech

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Triggertech
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 10:06 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Just got thru installing another one of these, I really like these things..this is the 3rd one Ive done now and they are pretty sweet imo. Simple install and they are a joy to use. This one was an all black color I put in another 22-250.
Mark

- 003 by Lonehowl, on Flickr

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
JP
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 01:17 PM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
Just a simple drop-in?
Posts: 150 | From: So AZ | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 01:28 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, on Rem 700's...have not done anything else. 5 minute install. The hardest part is engaging the bolt release tab onto the bolt release notch...really simple but might take a bit of messing with so everything is nice and snug with no rattling.
Mark

--------------------

JP
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 03:04 PM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, have a Mdl 7, 22-250 that could use one.
Posts: 150 | From: So AZ | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ariel Perez
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 04:20 PM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
How much did you pay for it if you don’t mind me asking? I have been using the Timney triggers lately and I really enjoy them but always up for other options.

--------------------
AP

Posts: 60 | From: South/eastern Az | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 06:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The best trigger I ever owned was a Canjar single set. I don't know, do they still make them? That was a long time ago.

Another thing. On a Remington 700, I don't understand the need to replace that trigger? I've always had very good luck getting them down to about 1 1/2 pounds, sometimes a little better than that. I prefer a light trigger. Of course, you have to be very careful with that sear engagement and the over travel has to be just right. I stone them.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31333 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 06:19 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
They run anywhere from 120 150 bucks for the Primary model which is the standard one I guess. There are a couple more upper end models for more money.

[ August 04, 2018, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 06:32 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted something different from the Remmy. The Remington seems almost clunky compared to these.
Mark

--------------------

Ariel Perez
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted August 04, 2018 08:49 PM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes sir the Remington triggers are garbage in my opinion. Those triggers are about the same price as the standard Timney.

--------------------
AP

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2018 04:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I must be missing something? Have Remington triggers changed in some way, maybe the more recent triggers are different, and I may not be aware of? I hear praise for the Savage trigger, but compared to a Winchester or a Tika, I find the Remington fairly easy to work with. In fact, comparing with the Basics or a Timney, I wouldn't waste my time.

I do understand that triggers are designed at the factories by lawyers and Remington has been sued within an inch of it's life for some chickenshit reasons, so I would understand the reasons for designing garbage into a trigger.

Garbage? Really? Well, okay.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31333 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2018 06:19 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I think they have changed Leonard. My Son bought a 700 Remington 22-250 just recently and you couldn’t adjust the trigger for crap and it really did suck. I think he bought a rifle basix trigger and really likes it. My 22-250 was made in about 1978 (700 Remington) still has the factory trigger. No problem getting it down to a little over 1 lbs trigger pull and no creep. Been that way for 30+ years. Now it’s my 22-250 Ackley... Love that sucker.....

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1566 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariel Perez
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2018 04:40 PM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok maybe garabage was overkill but I’m not a fan, I’m more of a savage guy over Remington but that’s just me.

--------------------
AP

MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2018 05:36 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
The last Remington 700 that I bought had their "new and improved" X Mark trigger in it. It was darn near impossible to get it down to a decent pull weight, unlike the earlier Remington triggers.

I replaced it with a Shilen trigger that is adjustable and allows for an excellent trigger pull.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 390 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2018 07:00 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Not being a gun technician I've been real happy Timmney triggers. Clean and crisp easy to install.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters