The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » I'm all on board with the TSS (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: I'm all on board with the TSS
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2017 06:31 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Have only killed one at 75 yards she got up and ran another 75 before she did the ass over tea kettle, I think Clint got that one on video on Vimeo somewhere I don't keep up with that stuff. That was using the very overpriced dead coyote with t shot. I think It was not a great hit as she was running when I took the shot a better hit may have dropped her !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2017 08:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I believed from get go that I had no business shooting at anything beyond 50 yards. I did observe my partner blast at a coyote at somewhere around 70/75 yards. Coyote ran off like he was shooting blanks. This was the Federal 2 oz copper plated BB's and I still have half of that box.

What it is, is that I'm a lot more into a rifle at 75 yard ranges. I start thinking shotgun when I'm in pretty tight cover.

Of course, having said that, and looking at piles of dead TSS shotgunned coyotes, it calls for reevaluating a few concepts. At least so far as my self imposed 40 yard limitation. But, then again, I don't have this exotic shot, do I?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31336 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
BangPop
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3876

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2017 11:13 AM      Profile for BangPop           Edit/Delete Post 
Call any time Dave. You must be getting the Honey Do list knocked down to very low levels to rate a Delta Point for Christmas. I figured as many coyotes as you bring to hand there would be no way that you would be in that good of shape with the wife unit. [Big Grin] . When you call remind me to offer some screws that I bought for the job. Bought 25 and used 2.

[ December 17, 2017, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: BangPop ]

Posts: 28 | From: Gallatin Gateway, Montana | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
DiYi
Wears wife's pink panties under his camo for good luck. (yeah, right!)
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2017 06:35 AM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
When I asked Dave about 20 ga he put me on 'the guy' who in turn,put me on Apex.Interesting site some may enjoy.410ing coyotes anyone???

https://apexmunition.com/

Posts: 623 | From: SoDak | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters