The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » One last CZ question...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One last CZ question...
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2014 05:33 PM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
OK you CZ guys...need your help again!

Got my rifle today and it is really cool. It has a Vortex 4X12 scope, and here is my issue. It seems the rings are about 1/16" too low for the bolt to clear--these are the stock CZ rings. I have even moved the scope as far to the rear as I can, and it still binds.

What other rings would you recommend?

Thanks for your help!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Duckdog
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2014 08:36 PM      Profile for Duckdog           Edit/Delete Post 
Booger,
Leupold makes a set of rings for the CZ 527. That's what I run on mine and I've been happy with them.
I haven't priced them in quite some time, but I remember them being $70ish...

Posts: 205 | From: Ks | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2014 10:58 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Booger, I have ground the CZ bolt handles (several) for scope clearance but for appx 30.00$ you can buy, direct from CZ in Kansas City a new slimed down bolt handle. No welding required! A 3/16" flat punch & a vice to hold the punch is all you really need. I will post the part number for the bolt handle and will make a video, showing how to disassemble & attach the new handle or will walk you thru it by phone, if you'd like. I will post the part number tomorrow!I have family in from out of town tonite.

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2014 11:31 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok here's the CZ part number,
"Bolt Handle 527 NEW STYLE" product number 40110 price 35.00$.

FYI, there is a picture of the new bolt handle on the CZ site (czusa.com) it looks to be about 1/3 as thick as the original. If I hadn't ground/reshaped my bolts I would definitely replace the originals on my rifles!

--------------------
mike

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted April 18, 2014 05:37 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Prune Picker,
I am going to order the new bolt handle! Thanks for the heads up!

I have to get my scope remounted anyway, so I may just have my gunsmith install it!

Thanks for all of your answers!

Booger

[ April 18, 2014, 07:15 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 18, 2014 06:39 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is a perfect example of what's right with the internet.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted April 18, 2014 11:31 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
PP,
Is it as easy as this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlaHh_ZTYfk

--------------------

Prune Picker
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted April 18, 2014 03:26 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
That feller done outdid me...
Yes Booger that is how ya do it. I promise I wasn't tryin to cheat an honest gunsmith out of any business!

--------------------
mike

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted April 19, 2014 04:02 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
PP,
No problem, in fact, I messed with it last night after looking at the video, and I have to say that it field strips easier than any other bolt I have messed with.

Thanks so much for the help on this...I know you saved me some cash!

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted April 19, 2014 08:16 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting, I never had to mess with the bolt on my current CZ American, or the one I had 5-6 years ago.

Maybe they ship the Americans with different rings ? Oh' well makes no difference. Informative thread.

Glad ya got a handle on it Tim. Can't wait to hear how she shoots.

[ April 19, 2014, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
32below
Knows what it's all about
Member # 2075

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2014 06:47 PM      Profile for 32below   Email 32below         Edit/Delete Post 
Also available here http://jamescalhoon.com/
Click Prices and scroll down a bit. Somewhat more pricey.

Posts: 100 | From: SW Kansas | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters