The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Green Band Replacement

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Green Band Replacement
Chris S
"SPECIAL ACCOUNT" HM's Facebook page moderator & runs with scissors
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2018 04:50 AM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
I've had many of the green constriction bands, on open reed calls degrade over time and turn into goo or get loose and dry out; so I started using fuel injector orings in place of them and haven't had a problem. Just an FYI for those that have had issues with the greenies. The orings come in different sizes etc.
Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2018 07:47 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
lol..yes...I have been working on my Jeep this last year, and upgraded injectors. I bought the o ring kit for them, and when I looked at em, I thought they would hold up better than the castration bands, because yeah, those get soft and gooey.

Having said that, I really dont run bands anymore, for me, it restricts the reed to much. But they are handy for some.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2018 08:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Again!

What is going on with this guy?

Having said that you "don't run bands anymore"; I have no idea what to use instead?

Please enlighten me and the other dull members that have used gooey and soft bands forever?

If this keeps up I will be forced to take away your vowels!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: see? He makes me crazy! I meant, rather than what Chris suggests.

[ February 16, 2018, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2018 12:50 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The green bands have many uses.
Long ago when my daughter was having boys over, I handed one of them a green band and told him to have his Gran-pa explain it to him.
Never saw that goofy sum-bitch again. [Smile]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2018 06:33 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
My young bulls had green bands on their nuts for a spell ? I was concerned for awhile ? they were soft & gooey. Nuts dropped off eventually.

Whew !!

Might go with fuel injector orings next time ?

Sorry dudes: I'm a smart ass

[Razz]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2018 08:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Say, Dave. I'm curious. Why do you have to check the soft gooey condition of those bands? On those young bulls?

It's none of my business, of course. I like to look at pictures of naked girls, whatever floats your boat. [Smile]

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 6 posted February 20, 2018 06:25 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Lol: I think, I made it clear in another thread. I'm lesbian !!
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2018 04:46 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard go sit in the corner facing the wall !
lol!

[ February 21, 2018, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2018 04:54 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave I went and looked it up I think I'm a lesbian too, a line shiner for sure !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2018 05:34 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never had good luck with o-rings, as far as longevity goes, they seem to dry out and fail sooner than green bands do...but maybe the fuel injector bands are of a higher quality?

Given the tooling I use I'll probably always use the castration bands on the calls I make.

I always wanted to order some of the orange ones from Australia, especially when I lived in a part of the world without a Tractor Supply Co nearby.

I'll be making some calls again, here pretty soon... by the way. [Smile]

Krusty

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2018 06:55 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Krusty.........Welcome back !!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters