The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Lucky Duck/Verminator Ecaller

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lucky Duck/Verminator Ecaller
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2016 10:31 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks very interesting? TR...sure youve been around it some..does it have good volume? Is it heavy? Camera is cool idea along with the ability to rotate the call..and stuff.

Its just a neat-o lookin' caller [Smile]
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2016 02:18 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah mark, I've been around it since inception. Last time Rick was out hunting with me, it still had a couple of issues that needed to get worked out, and volume was one of them. It had "good" volume, but not what we'd like it to have and I know Rick has since gotten another updated version and I will get the update on it later this week.
The one thing that is really going to set this call apart from all the others is Ricks sounds. He's about 7 years into building the sound library and his vocals are going to really shine. I've been using his sounds for the last few years and they are top notch and original. It's actually been a learning curve since he has sounds that we really had no idea when and how to use them, and still learning as far as that goes.
I just hope it works out for him since he's got a ton of time and energy invested in the whole deal.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2016 02:48 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Seems pretty damn cool to me. Hope everything gets worked out on it!

Mark

--------------------

Aaron Rhoades
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4234

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2016 06:02 AM      Profile for Aaron Rhoades           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks nice, what's the battery life like for the remote and the call?
Posts: 155 | From: Washington | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2016 10:04 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron, battery life on the remote has been an issue so far, a bad issue as in a day of calling and the batteries were about dead. This was on the latest unit that Rick had last time I hunted with him. They had gone backwards in that department, from really good battery life on the remote to piss poor on the latest unit. SO, that was an issue that was to be resolved. The batteries on the main unit seemed to do just fine.
It's been quite a process getting all the bugs worked out of the thing. Seems like a couple bugs would get worked out, and another bug or two would then arise.
The unit is getting close to being finished and has sure come a long ways from the first proto that Rick brought out two winters ago.

--------------------

Aaron Rhoades
Member # 4234

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2016 04:29 PM      Profile for Aaron Rhoades           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, I think I'll try one out. If for no other reason than to have sounds that no one else has here.
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2016 04:50 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the goal is the have them released for sale this summer sometime. Should finally have all the bugs found and worked out by then.

--------------------

Chris S
"SPECIAL ACCOUNT" HM's Facebook page moderator & runs with scissors
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2016 01:31 PM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
I bought the Nimrod a week or so ago and that one has some really unique sounds, especially when I slobber all over it. Not the ecall but still a fun little hand call by Rick. Unique enough that you don't sound like every other Tom, Dick and Harry in the woods.
Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2016 06:25 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Mark! For no good reason, I whiffed it and didn't see your thread before starting that other one.
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2016 07:57 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Shit no...no worries : )

Recovering from breathing smoke all week from this big fire in my area. Ash and smoke pouring down into the valley here. But...decided to go hunting anyways...archery opened up this weekend.

Just got hunting camp setup for the weekend then popo came around and evacuated the nearby town along with all of us. Went further over the mountain range to another area, hunted a couple hours, (seeing 2 bears not worth stalking) then got ran out by the game warden because of said fire.
Should have just went coyote hunting instead.
Crazy weekend.
Mark

--------------------

Aaron Rhoades
Member # 4234

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2016 05:30 PM      Profile for Aaron Rhoades           Edit/Delete Post 
Now that these are for sale and some have them already, have the things like volume and battery life been fixed?
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2016 07:10 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
The short answer Aaron is yes, those two issues got fixed.
On the volume, the end user has the choice to adjust the gain on the amp if he/she wants more volume because it was found that some sounds can be driven harder than others without distortion.
Not a lot of guys running the call yet, but so far the reviews have been on the positive side.

--------------------

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2016 04:47 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Finally got my Revolution call. Rick made sure all his pre-orders got taken care of before sending me one. SO, this morning I did one stand. So far my only beef is that the buttons on the remote are too close together, but it works. If this stand is any indication how the season will go, it's going to be a good one.
 -

--------------------

Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2016 05:31 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
TR.....will it stay up with up with the old cs24?
How much does it weigh?
Never seen one up close but in your picture looks like it might be a keeper.

Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Asmith
Member # 4636

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2016 07:24 AM      Profile for Asmith   Email Asmith         Edit/Delete Post 
I have had mine out a couple times now and its got great volume and sounds good camera worked well ,got one coming in on the call it was petty cool . I find it little big but not to bad only problem I have had is the tripod it comes with but with any product first run there bound to be few things that need to be looked at . For the money and features pretty good set up.
Posts: 11 | From: missouri | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2016 11:32 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah Eddie, sound clarity and volume it'll keep up with the cs24. I'd guess it weighs some where between 3# and 4#, bot sure exactly.

I didn't even think yesterday to use the decoy or camera feature. Never had either before so it never even crossed my mind, although one coyote I killed would've been a good one to film since it died just 12 yards away, would've gotten closer if I would've let it.

I'm back on planet earth after this morning. Went out and did 3 stands, called in 5, killed 3 and missed one. That's more the norm.

--------------------

Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2016 06:40 PM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info TR
Four stands and 9 coyotes is pretty good hunting especially getting 6 in one stand, stay after them.
I no what you were saying about hot weather, been in the high 80s for almost all of October, been a weird fall.

Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2016 06:05 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Have had mine about two weeks. had it out a couple times stretching its legs. Have called in five with it, killed three of them. I wear gloves when calling and have begun cutting the thumb and index finger off the right hand glove just to run the remote. Batteries seem to hold okay. Haven't had any issues with it running half-days. On two stands, after about the ten minute mark, I opted to run her at full throttle, gain "3", at 32 (as loud as it will go) running one of three sounds loaded that are recorded to be LOUD, ran the decoy at speed setting 3, and just let it rotate like a tornado siren for another 10 minutes. Never weakened a bit. I'm sure that, at that volume, I'm reaching coyotes miles away. The only problem I found with it is that the tripod is screwed into a brass fitting that it then attached to the magnet that holds it into the base of the caller. Easy to take apart so a guy can attach that magnet assembly to the bases you attach to cameras to put them on a tripod, so the caller can be elevated on a camera tripod if you so desire. The tripod piece can come unscrewed from that fitting, so I need to put a bit o' Loctite on it.

Did try to record some video of a bobcat we called across 3/8-mile of open bean stubble Sunday morning. He picked up the deek at about a hundred yards and got to within 5 feet on the sneak before figuring it out. Couldn't tell if I had the camera pointed at him and, as it turns out, I didn't.

Headed to Nebraska to hunt Sat thru Tuesday. Will wring it out hard up there to see how it does.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2016 01:43 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Rick Paillet was out this past weekend and we called in 25 and killed 18 of them with the Revolution. The unit never missed a beat and apparently the sounds seems to work.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters