The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Trapper2 blades in full effect...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trapper2 blades in full effect...
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2014 05:28 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Me & Jayde used our Trapper2 knifes to break my bull down in the backcountry. Thanks Ryan, they did the job beautifully!!!
 -

-

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2014 11:49 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Awsome! Gutless method?

[ September 29, 2014, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
KaBloomR
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2014 03:30 PM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
That'll bring out the carnivore in you. Looks delicious!

--------------------
"It always gets a helluva lot worse before it gets any better"

Posts: 302 | From: Utah | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2014 03:33 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Fred! I know that had to feel good!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2014 07:23 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Lot's of fun & even more work, good for you Fred! Elk hides make a really nice rug (on the floor)if they're not too big.

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2014 07:28 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Great job and congrats!
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2014 05:38 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys!
He was all mudded up from wallowing & dropped ~2 miles (downslope) from a road. So, we did the 'gutless' method & boned him out. Got all the meat & head to the rig in two trips.
Definitely work, but something I'd been dreaming of for a long time!!! Really humbled to have shared it with a couple of good buddies...
 -

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2014 07:47 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome !!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7539 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2014 09:58 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Last elk hide I saw looked pretty dramatic draped over the back of a sofa.

Where did this take place?
edit: kinda looks like Colorado, to me?

Good hunting. El Bee

[ September 30, 2014, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31375 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2014 12:02 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks koko!
Good eye, Leonard...southern CO, indeed! Public land access with an over the counter tag. We're saving up preference points for the future & hunting OTC units until its time to cash in on a better unit...

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2014 02:57 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Knockemup;
Come to the campout and I'll tell you all about my one and only elk hunt, probably right where you were. (You're tougher than I was.)

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7539 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2014 03:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I think I know where, there is a wilderness area somewhere between Del Norte, Wolf Creek Pass and Durango, not sure exactly, been a few years since I was there.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2014 04:50 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
clever boy... [Wink]
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2014 07:17 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Old boss used to go to Cherry creek out by Durango. Had a pretty good run the last 10 years of his life, well his hunting life. I miss the old fart.

Congrats Fred, that looks like a fine bull and even finer for a do it yourself hunt on public land.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2014 04:13 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Tom!
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2014 01:00 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Very Nice! Congrats on the bull looked like a lot of fun and a lot of work. Great memories.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted October 04, 2014 10:37 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul!
Wish this years Campout timeline worked out better for me, I'd have loved to enjoy your hospitality and meet everyone.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 04, 2014 03:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
WELL FUCK ! You were sure to win the door prize for furthest traveled! Now what we gonna do? [Smile]

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters