The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » FoxPro CS-24 Review for Tim (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  14  15  16 

Author Topic: FoxPro CS-24 Review for Tim
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 02:42 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I did know that Leonard, what me with a big mouth ? surely you "jest".. [Wink]

I just felt a comment was merited, thats all.

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 03:03 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure some people wonder what TA is doing here? They probably think he deserves to get canned for the poor attitude and opinions, and apparently, that has happened some other places.

So, why not here? It's because he can express himself, as outrageous as he can be, at times. I allow him his opinions, just as everybody else is entitled to their opinion(s).

I don't think we should string the guy up because he disrespects a disabled Vet or a WWII Vet. It's unfortunate, for damned sure, but as long as he doesn't get on my case and piss me off, he is okay. Because, I really don't like to pull the trigger. Some may believe otherwise, but I think that I'm very consistent in that regard.

Now, specifically. I wasn't there, I don't know exactly what happened with the Wounded Warrior, but it is possible that Tim thought the focus was on the gentlemen hosting the event, rather than the Vet? Not possible? I don't know, but I do know that it is easy to jump on him, even if it is (occasionally) not justified. Can I point to a specific example? No, but he can't be 100% wrong 100% of the time? I think he is actually TRYING to play nice, at least lately. I want to give him credit for that.

That does not mean that I will baby him, or protect him from deserved attacks. I have done that before, like with Krusty, who has redeemed himself quite well, in my opinion. Who knows, maybe Tim will turn over a new leaf and wind up BFF with JD? Could happen. Remember "Home Alone".

I'm just as likely to get on his ass as anybody else. If he deserves it. Hey, he just got a dog! Ask him about it.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 03:26 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
maybe Tim will turn over a new leaf and wind up BFF with JD?
We already are LB, haven't you noticed how civil we've been with each other lately, sheeesh you gotta try and keep up. [Smile]

Alright, I'll bite........Tim you said you got a new dog and as a dog guy I will gladly pass by all this nonsense and hear about your new partner if your so inclined to share. A coyote dog? Bird dog?

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 03:36 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but it is possible that Tim thought the focus was on the gentlemen hosting the event, rather than the Vet?
Exactly Leonard.. Your pretty smart for a old guy..

If they are going to honor someone then honor them, Why do they always have to bring other people into the lime lite.. First there is a post on Randy W. and all his great accomplishments as a coyoter caller and guide.. They could of just said Randy W. well be guideing the hunt..
As far as the wounded warrior not a whole lot was said about him it was Randy this Randy that..
Maybe they could of mentioned some of the warrior hardships he had to go through and still going through and about his family.. Same with the old vet Thread, the super snipers had to get there self promotions in as well..
We honor our Vets all the time here and don't run around takeing credit for anything we do for them and thats how it should be, leave everyone else out of the picture and honor the person that deserves it...
On another note perhaps they could of done better on planning the hunt and perhaps found someone who would have enough animals around to make that hunt that much more rememberable...
I hear there are alot of coyotes in AZ that are real easey to call, perhaps the hunt should of been there instead...

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 03:37 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
She's a Redbone, one of my favorite breeds.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TundraWookie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 04:59 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
I agree you shoulnd't ban him, no need for such drastic measures here. It's sink or swim at this site, that's what I like about it. If you have something to say, you'd better be able to back it up or get thrown in the pit. If TA wants to keep being a clown, let him have at it.

On another note. Redbone's are my favorite too.
I love calling specks.

http://www.redbonecalls.com/

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 05:00 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
i have 2 fury's and a good buddy has a WT. not sure which model??. here's my take on it. the WT has better coyote vocals by far. his remote has a range of about 50 yards. the fury's i have have been used at 400+ yards. the tx500 remote sucks in the cold. scrolls all over and can't controll it. have talked to FP about it and they know it's a common problem and will fix it for free. FP's service is outta this world. world class-ultra-super. just wish i would not need to send in my units for fixes. i don't think my buddy has had any issues with anything breaking and needing repairs??. .
TW. i like the fox/rabbit fight on my fury's but need both speakers on for that to work. how is that sound possible with the cs-24??

[ January 28, 2012, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: the bearhunter ]

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 05:12 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If they are going to honor someone then honor them, Why do they always have to bring other people into the lime lite.. First there is a post on Randy W. and all his great accomplishments as a coyoter caller and guide.. They could of just said Randy W. well be guideing the hunt..

Tim, I stated elsewhere & will do so again here.
I WROTE THAT.
My attempt was merely to qualify Randy W. as something more than an internet asshat who shoots coyotes off the truck hood.
One more time. I was just lending credibility to the guide for the trip, nothing more. That is your ego driven perception, because that's what you'd expect if it were you.
Randy W. is the REAL DEAL, do you not agree?

quote:
As far as the wounded warrior not a whole lot was said about him it was Randy this Randy that..
Maybe they could of mentioned some of the warrior hardships he had to go through and still going through and about his family..

IF you knew ANYTHNG about how WWP operates, you would KNOW that NOBODY knew who exactly the Wounded Warrior would be.
READ again, NOBODY KNEW WHO WOULD BE ARRIVING, just that it would be A Wounded Warrior and to prepare for a person with specific physical limitations.

quote:
We honor our Vets all the time here and don't run around takeing credit for anything we do for them and thats how it should be, leave everyone else out of the picture and honor the person that deserves it...

You really are warped.

Far as I see it, YOU are the only person to have the gaul to express this opinion.

But since you did, maybe you can steal the limelight away from those who donated their time, effort and monetary contributions to make this hunt happen and share with us:

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO HELP OUT???

Asshole.

[ January 28, 2012, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: knockemdown ]

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 05:22 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim instead of making snide remarks on Rich's site and here at Leonards. Take it straight to the horses mouth, tell Reeves directly, what your opinion of the hunt was, and how they could have done it better.

(Edit) Yeah, I kicked in a few bucks also did you Tim ?

[ January 28, 2012, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 06:20 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I WROTE THAT.
My attempt was merely to qualify Randy W. as something more than an internet asshat who shoots coyotes off the truck hood.
One more time. I was just lending credibility to the guide for the trip, nothing more. That is your ego driven perception, because that's what you'd expect if it were you.
Randy W. is the REAL DEAL, do you not agree?

Yeah he shoots them from he back of the truck, whats the diff.'s???
Why did anyone need to know this?? The hunt was'nt about him but the wounded warrior. Right??
If he was the real deal he did'nt show it on the trip.. Like I said the hunt should of been with someone else..
And Just so you know I don't really know who R.W. is and have nothing against him personnely, I'm sure he is a great guy and good caller...

quote:
IF you knew ANYTHNG about how WWP operates, you would KNOW that NOBODY knew who exactly the Wounded Warrior would be.
READ again, NOBODY KNEW WHO WOULD BE ARRIVING, just that it would be A Wounded Warrior and to prepare for a person with specific physical limitations.

Yes I'm aware of how it works.. Once the wounded warrior arrived perhaps then things could of been talked about and this could of been posted in the play by play post rather than the B.S and the pic. of Watson motorcyle which was done in poor taste as well... It was about a wounded warrior not someone elses personnel toys.. Geez!!!

quote:
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO HELP OUT???

I did nothing for many reasons. One I new how it was going to turn out and the second is because of the owner of NPHA..
I've donated money to both his webb sites to help keep them going, Funny thing was all of a sudden he had money to buy high tech. hunting equipement or go on some hunts clear across the country just shortly after he made his fund raisers.. I don't trust him and never will...

I don't like or agree on how it was handled just my opinion so get over it..

[ January 28, 2012, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 07:11 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
 -

[ January 28, 2012, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: JD ]

--------------------
Jason

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 07:29 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know much about the Wounded Warrior hunt, other than I really like the idea of honoring one of our soldiers. I do know that if it's run again, I'd like to contribute something. Please let whoever put it together email me at snowcamoman@gmail.com and I'd be happy to help out in some shape or form. Thanks.

Edit: Bearhunter,
Sorry, I forgot to try and help you out with the sound question. If you like those two sounds playing together, you can have FoxPro put them together for you in a custom sound. You can play it out of the CS-24 main speaker then if you want. If you need to play out two speakers, they you'd just add the external to the CS-24 and play it as a stereo sound. I hope that helps and that I understood your questions correctly.

[ January 28, 2012, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: TundraWookie ]

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 07:36 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to say thank you all for giving me something to occupy my down time. These threads are always entertaning.

Fred, we'll have to get together next time you're in, I tore the ligiments in my ankle last monday and am still down.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted January 29, 2012 03:51 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I just checked out the thread on the Wounded Warrior Weekend over on NPHA. I'm not sure if I missed something, but I thought it was tastefully done.

Did I miss something? Where was all this controversy?

Okay Tim, I can somewhat understand your point, in that Jered's wartime accomplishments were not at all mentioned, if we even know about them. Though, I think the point is, this was a thread intended to be about a HUNT for a wounded warrior, and was not intended to anything more. Like I said maybe I missed something.

God Bless Jered and all who served to protect our country.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted January 29, 2012 12:13 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree 49

--------------------
Jason

DiYi
Wears wife's pink panties under his camo for good luck. (yeah, right!)
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 11:41 AM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Bearhunters buddy he references with the WT.In fact I have 2 of them.I also have a foxpro(Firestorm only)and spend a lot of time 'downwind'listening to his Fury.IMO the coyote vocals are better on the WT.The remote better on the Foxpro.
As to Tim,I've 'followed' him for years on many sites.No doubt he can get old and insert his foot at times but hey,anyone that thinks he just hunts from his pickup and doesn't kill coyotes via calling is stupid.Anyone that thinks he can't shoot is really stupid.(check out his win at Varmint Hunter last year)
What brought me on here was a quote from Cdog to the effect of this is America and if what you do is legal,I don't give a shit.That goes for Tim in my book as well.I'm not aware of the Wounded Warrior thing but this is still America and if he did something wrong-well i served so that he or anyone can do anything legal they want.Glad to hear he's still welcome here regardless.
Flame me if you want,particularly since I'm a newbie here,but know i don't give a shit while doing it-and don't think i don't care about 'Wounded Warriors'.I started and still run this:
http://operationmuskie.com/index.html
Good hunting.

Posts: 623 | From: SoDak | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 11:57 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You sound like a patriot, and I agree with your thoughts concerning our problem child. Tim's a vet, you are a vet and I'm a vet, all allowed to say and do stupid things on occasion.

Damn! That's a hell of a fishing trip! I spent my early years in Minneesota and never caught a musky but knew of Lake of the Woods. Northern Pike are plenty fish on the end of a line, I can only imagine a Musky.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 01:03 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
DiYi thanks for the kind words..

I've read about what you do for our Vets and you set a good example of what others should follow....

As for the Muskies we have a few lakes down here that are stocked with them but have never tried fishing for them..

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 01:13 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"She's a Redbone, one of my favorite breeds."
--------------------------------------------
No,No Elbee, Tim has a Weeny dog. [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 02:58 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
what does Tim's weenie have to do with anything; and how do you know? (where's my glasses?)

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 03:06 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim and Mr Martz knows that FoxPro is the king of the electronic callers on the market today. Mr Martz has been giving sounds to Flextone to try and gain some marketshare and keep his business going. WE shall see who is around in 10 years Foxpro and or WT.................

Funny how you can get 100 WT sounds on a flextone for 149.00 and if you buy sounds from Mr Martz they are 10.00 each min of 6 sounds. A great way to treat your high end customers.....

[ February 26, 2012, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: coyote whacker ]

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 03:06 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich is a PEEPER.. [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 03:35 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang it Leonard, you nearly caused me to spit coffee all over my computer. LOL

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 03:47 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"You don't have to have a E-caller sitting out 50-100-200 yds from your stand to kill coyotes if you know how to read body language and work coyotes comeing in. Some people just tend to over think it"
------------------------------------------
That would be somewhat true if humans could actually see every coyote within hearing distance, and none of them were down-wind of the hunter. They made remote control callers for a reason. Choosing not to use every single trick you have in your bag of said tricks is going to cost you some coyotes. UNDER thinking is the problem sir.

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 04:09 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
WE shall see who is around in 10 years Foxpro and or WT.................

WT was here before F-P and I'm sure they will be around just as long if not longer.. Sooner or later the big E-call giant is going to take a fall (F-P).. You can only flood the market with so many calls and haveing to return them as soon as they get out the door has got to be draining there pockets as well...
As for the sounds I think Bill only sold a few to flextone, not sure on which sounds they are and don't care...
!0.00 a sound is a fair price, look at what Gerald or the others get for a cassette recording..
Dennis Kirk is selling his for 9.99 in one of my hunting catologs...
Most of the old F-P sounds are'nt that great so I can see why they give them away or sell them cheap...They don't have much time invested in them as well, thus the poor quality...

I see Minaska is back in the game with some new callers and upgrades and sounds.. There sales won't do any damage to WT's but its going to hurt the F-P market thats for sure....

Edit to add... I've only been to the F-P webb site a few times and just by looking around it looks like they are the ones soaking everyone for every dime they can get..
Can you honestly tell me a caller needs all that B.S. to kill coyotes or have a successfull hunt?????? [Roll Eyes]

[ February 26, 2012, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  14  15  16 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters