The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » FoxPro CS-24 Review for Tim (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  14  15  16 

Author Topic: FoxPro CS-24 Review for Tim
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted January 27, 2012 12:45 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Some people just tend to over think it...
Tim definitely has under-thinking down to a science. In that regard he is an expert.
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 27, 2012 12:50 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Ursus, did you really snitch on Timmy?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
trapper2
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted January 27, 2012 12:52 PM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
i forgot how much fun these threads can be between you two, keep it up.

i have the wt with the big speaker with the antenna on top that you have to raise up, i think this is the third one on mine, so even in warmer temps it can be a problem, granted i am hard on stuff and use it alot, i also have a cs-24 here and so far its worked great but there are afew things i would change about it, both work, but both have things i would change.

--------------------
nothing is politically correct if its morally wrong

Posts: 248 | From: okla | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted January 27, 2012 12:58 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, if snitching means calling him out from behind his moniker, then I guess I did snitch. Don't really know how that gets defined as snitching though??? His beyond belief poor grammar gives him away every time. He couldn't leave easier sign to follow if he had six toes on one foot. Come to think of it, he might.
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 27, 2012 01:10 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
trapper,
As soon as I get my internal antenna'd MA, I'll let you know what I find. It very well could be an $8 purchase like this and you can do away with that crummy external one. I really am curious what the range will do though.

http://www.antennafactor.com/resources/data-guides/ant-418-cw-rah.pdf

Troy,
Good job on calling out Timmy too. I don't think the guy ever denied being Tim, so chances are high that it was him. Then you have Tim on here saying that he hasn't been able to post on PM for over a year now. Whatever Tim says is right....right?

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted January 27, 2012 01:11 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
LMAO!!!

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patterson
19.6 miles down the Yellow Brick Road from THE EMERALD CITY
Member # 3304

Icon 1 posted January 27, 2012 03:49 PM      Profile for Patterson   Email Patterson         Edit/Delete Post 
There goes 30 min of my life im never getting back....but like Trapper I like reading these threads.

I have had both the KA2030 as well as the older programable WT and now have the CS-24B. Yes I like the sounds on the WT better but as far as the caller go I have not noticed any difference in reaction from coyotes.

I really like that I can reprogram the CS24 and add as many sounds as I want. I originally got into the WT for the snow goose sounds as they are the best by far. But I also like to add my own coon and crow sounds. So the CS24 obviously wins that round.

I like the remote and seeing what i have and can play. I had the WT memorized so it didnt matter much. Thats a toss up.

Downfalls of the FP are some of the pieces are cheaper. I have had the battery pouch rip out the first week I had it. Think it was sewn poorly. Still using it though. The remote knob is faulty and the scroller doesnt work properly as it bounces thru the list. Will send it back in when im done using it after snow goose season. BUT with that said. FP's customer service has been much better to me that WT's ever was.

As far as the battery life. I used my FP in SK this last November snow goose hunting for 8 days. Using it for 3-4 hours in he morning and 3-4 hours in the evening non stop on 25-35 volume. Never once had it run out on me in a single day. Had one night I forgot to charge it and it ran out after a day and half of use. That is just with one pack of energizer AA's. Im plenty please with the battery life. Also carry a spare set of AA's.

Signed,
A WT user for 10 years or whatever its been....

Posts: 236 | From: Kansas | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted January 27, 2012 11:20 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
The more I read of TW's and TA's posts the more similar the two become.

Been a WT in my truck, fourwheeler, and snowmachine since we got them, believe it was 2004? May ahve been 03?

It gets beat up something terrible! It functions in extreme cold and thru the 100 plus heat.

Never ran out a charged 2030 or MA21 caller in a day of callin, never! I use the individual rechargeable batteries Energizer and Tenergy. When I do charge I use the mobile 4 battery 15 minute charger. I don't like battery packs, over time they seem to develope memory and do not last a whole day.

I've had an MA21 since they first came out, never broke an antenna wire or battery wire, it's been dropped numerous times, bounced off the road when left on top of the truck numerous times. hell I've had to go back in the dark hitting sounds on the remote to find the dam thing in the grass in the ditch, thought I lost it more than once. I don't mean just fall off and stop, were talkin 50 mph bouncin in the air down the road stuff. The SOB is tough, more than once I couldn't believe the thing would work after doing it. Yea Geordie LOL!!! Just wait til you get old! This MA is so reliable I don't carry extra batteries etc anymore, extra weight etc don't need them.

I think one aspect of this whole WT and FP thing that gets overlooked is WT's sell themselves, no add in every outdoor whatever you see, no TV show, imagine the difference in amount of money spent on advertising vs return. If you think back to when you saw the first screamin flashlight with recorded handcalls and then heard the older WT's with the real animal sounds you saw the difference right away. From recording quality, to volume, to ease of operation, to caller design, IMO, FP has not been revolutionary. In most aspects of what now are being deemed revolutionary WT owners have had for some time.

If you have the need to put your own sounds on a caller well then it's going to be a FP.

Personally with what I have from WT I don't need anymore. History from the old open MP3 WT's and the sounds being put on other callers led to the changing of the callers design. Why wouldn't you protect that. You had, and IMO have the only real quality animal sounds, if you want them you pay for them. I doubt that will ever change. Cal's coyote vocals have given FP users some quality sounds and other recordings on their list are improving but still it doesn't compare to a list from WT that's been around for how many years before there ever was a real animal recording on a FP soundlist.

If I had spent that amount of money and time to get all those sounds recorded etc I would be dammed if someone could buy one of my callers and transport the sounds to other callers without buying one of my callers to get them. I think one solution would be to sell a WT with no sounds on it and a design that allows the owner to download whatever from wherever.

I really don't know why I push WT's cause it would make my life easier if no one else around here had one.

I really don't care what you buy but I do consider Bill and Pat friends and they have both treated me with respect whenever I have had something wrong or needed something ASAP.

TW, I know you and Bill won't ever be friends but you doing an unbias summary on callers when WT is involved aint going to happen either. Are you camera shy? I don't recall ever seeing a pic of you without a facemask etc.

That's my two cents, TW and TA, back in the ring!

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 27, 2012 11:43 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Good honest post Randy and thanks for comeing out of the closet. [Wink]

My MA-21 showed up today along with my new dog.. Life is good... Randy you where right about the MA-21 and I'll call you later...

All I can say so far is Bill really outdid himself on this one...

Its really cool to have a few guys go out and buy a few callers for a review, what saddens me though is they can't be honest about it so its useless.. Just think if Cleaver Gary and Wookie had a hard on for F-P they would be out of buisness.. LOL

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 12:34 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Good on you boys. Keep your WT's down there and I'll keep my CS-24's up here. I've run down fully charged battery packs in the MA-21, this I know for a fact. Like I said. I'm the one with multiple callers and will use what works best for me up here. It's the CS-24 every time. I give my WT's (plural) fair shakes and hunt with them. I don't care if the owner of WT and me don't get along. I care what works in the field for me and what is going to be reliable. That's good that you both seem to have good luck with your WT's. Lots of guys wish they could have a few (very few) WT sounds on a CS-24. Lots of them! That's coming from guys that own the WT callers. That right there speaks volumes about the caller to me. I have all the sounds from WT I could ever want.

Randy,
It be cold when I take my pictures, no need to show my mug. Do you really care what my face looks like?

Tim,
You never said how you legally hunt in MN with the snowmachines on your "night runs". Are you driving animals or what?

What happened to the bet too Tim? Did you finally decide that you were wrong? No worries.

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 04:12 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
How about them Giants.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 08:18 AM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
TW, I enjoy your posts and information you share but the personal conflict you have with WT jades your opinion, IMO. The pig pile effect on anything WT gets a a little old.

I would be the first to say the CS24 is the best thing I have seen from FP. I would say that because using the 2030 for years before it ever came out proved it to me and the two of them are very similar.

You want to program in your sounds it's the best deal out there, you want WT's sounds, the MA 21 is the best deal out there. This is what I see as the two major differences.

Let's just agree to disagree.

The plastic doesn't break, the wires don't snap, the batteries work fine, the remote works great. Would I change somethings sure but what caller wouldn't on whatever brand he has.

There doesn't have to be a wrong or a right everytime.

TA before you get all warm and fuzzy, remember who had to make a phone call when you were thinking of getting a WT.

49'r I would like to see them win but hard to bet against the Pats!

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 08:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Everybody in these discussions is biased. That's understandable. For the rest of us bystanders, we have to analyze everything and form an opinion based on what we feel is more important than other facts or? So, it does a service, regardless of the side of the fence you come down on. Kinda like these Republican debates....and how about those Giants?

Fred wrote yesterday that he is not into professional sports and occasionally looks at a game. I feel the same way and it has been that way for a long time. The owners play us for chumps. The players are greedy, they could care less about Pittsburg or Dallas or any team that the fans get so excited about. It's all bullshit. And, I am starting to feel the same way about college football and basketball. Reggie Bush, now there is an example. We are all chumps....and don't get me started on the Olympics. Or the Tour de France. <scream>

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 09:02 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You never said how you legally hunt in MN with the snowmachines on your "night runs". Are you driving animals or what?

What happened to the bet too Tim? Did you finally decide that you were wrong? No worries.

We don't hunt from snowmachines here we just use them for recreational driveing down in these parts. Sometimes its just a night run other times we take off for two days and cruse around the state.... Don't know if it matters but I had a Ski-doo... [Big Grin]

I did'nt make or take any bets but you can still send the 500.00.. Better yet send the 500.00 to Leonard to cover my dues for the next year....

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 09:37 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
TA before you get all warm and fuzzy, remember who had to make a phone call when you were thinking of getting a WT.
If I remember correctly I also thanked you for it and before you get all warm and fuzzy do you remember the reason why???

Years ago when I first bought my Minaska a friend of mine and a few other guys was on a chat line on another site just B.S. and talking about callers and calling coyotes. Back then all was good except for one sneaky member.. Any way the talk got to WT sounds and my friend at the time offered to send me some WT sounds to put on my Minaska big country. We talked about it but I declined on getting the sounds but the little sneak/snitch was'nt aware of this.. Anyway the snitch told Bill I was useing some of his sounds on my Minaska which was'nt true, but Bill would'nt listen so I had to have Randy look at my caller and see that I did'nt have any WT sounds on it and then he made a call to Bill for me... All has been good with Bill since and I'm still all warm and fuzzy inside....
The thing I have found out about Bill is if you show him the respect he deserves and not try to tell him how to run his company or build his calls he is a real nice guy.. If he wants advice about his callers he will ask you for it.....
Bill came out with a instruction DVD a few years back maybe longer some guys said it was a joke... Bill used terms in the DVD so most anyone could understand what he was talking about or trying to explain.. You can tell someone all there is to know about calling and most cannot apply what they learned back into there calling in the field sometimes you have to take the guy out and show him what its about rather than tell him over a phone or on the Net... I believe in Bills DVD he does the best job of explaining things about coyotes and calling and is the closest you are going to get without him actually takeing you out into the field...
I was lucky enough to learn most of this before viewing Bills DVD and have to say Bill was spot on with most of what he said in the DVD..

Does F-P have an instruction DVD and was it made by the owners or did they have to hire someone else to make it for them?????

--------------------

DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 10:16 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
To this day, I don't think I have ever listened to the sounds on a WT. Nobody I have hunted with had one.

I have had a several e-callers, and have the CS24 now. I like it the best so far. I had some bad experiences with several FX3's though.

I do like the programmable feature, but probably don't need it to be honest.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 10:36 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
49'r I would like to see them win but hard to bet against the Pats!

No doubt Randy. My wife and I are just hoping for a good effort.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 11:06 AM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
To all interested parties: I guess it would be easy to consider me biased against W.T. ecallers and their maker, the Unmentionable One. But it has nothing to do with my affiliation with Foxpro. It has everything to do with his highness putting the shaft to friends of mine, which was proven in court, as evidenced by judgments against him which are public record. I have already published those judgments long before becoming a member of the Foxpro Field Staff, and will leave it at that for right now.

As for Tundra Wookie's attitude towards W.T. and the Unmentionable One, mine would be much more critical than his if he singled me out on his website and made threats to me personally. I don't see anything about TW's review that isn't correct. I had one of the earlier W.T. models that you couldn't keep the antenna on even when carrying it in a protective pack. On top of that you had to remove tiny screws from the back of the ecaller, pancake the circuit board and delicate wires, just to change batteries. That didn't strike me as design that would come from a sound engineer, as he claimed to be.

Just for the record, my earlier comments about volume and clarity pertain to the new Krakatoa, which in my opinion, smoke the Mighty Atom by a large margin, both for volume and clarity.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 11:06 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Randy,
That was a very well written post. I'll agree to disagree with you, except on just a few points. You may have not had wires break or plastic break or your antenna wire crack. I do not know how or what temperatures you hunt in. Before I made my post on the PM, I stated how I hunt and the temperatures I'll hunt in. -42ºF ambient temperature has been about my bottom cutoff lately. I have had plastic on the MA-21 break and antenna wires crack. It's an extreme temperature and is brutal on plastics (and me for that matter). I guess I could take my MA-21 out and hunt it hard at -42 for giggles, but I honestly don't want to ruin it, since it's a pain to send in for a repair. I can almost guarantee you that if it drops at -42 at waist level it's going to break. Not a major deal for the 99.9% of people who do not hunt in those temperatures, but for me a major issue.

I'll agree that the 2030MS and CS_24 of mine are very similar as far as speakers go. That's about all that's similar though. Everything else is different from remotes to antenna configuration. Most companies are using the TOA speakers now.

Tim,
You're hopeless man. Your jab at the Wounded Warrior hunt on another forum made me realize that you'll stoop to low levels I've never seen before. Simply pathetic, that's what you are.

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 11:38 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I felt the same way about the 2 guys that put the hunt on.. The wounded warrior put his life on the line every day and deserved better and like I said it was a disappointment..... In the threads about the hunt I was'nt sure who we where honoring the wounded warrior or the guys doing the hunt... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 12:18 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Give up Tim, all you had to do was say that you appreciate the warrior protecting our country and congratulate him on his hunt. I honestly don't know how you could show your mug at any campout or hunt in the future. I guess when you have zero shame, that's the way you're going to roll. I'm done associating with you and think others should do the same. You're a disgrace to the brotherhood of hunters and humanity.
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 01:15 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'm going to lift my self imposed "banishment, could care less about the caller review, No disrespect intended. I agree Tundra, Tim crossed some major lines on this last one, and somehow still finds himself "unscathed" it's really amazing when you think about it.

(edit) It's obvious "Jerod" was being honered, not Reeves or Watson.

[ January 28, 2012, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 01:24 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
I understand wanting to stay out of the general e-caller post Dave. I am in the same boat as you and a lot of others on Tim's self righteous ideology and the new level of low on the Wounded Warrior blow he took. The man knows no lower limits and can do no wrong in his own eyes.
He'll put some crazy spin on it to try and justify it rather than just saying he was wrong. Too lat at this point either way. The guy is a real shame.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 01:41 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back from your self imposed "banishment", Dave.

Your contributions will be treated fair and with respect. I think you probably knew that?

I seem to recall some pretty big time mouthing off from Dave Allen? It's forgotten.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 01:57 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
There WAS the WWII vet that tiny disrespected while we were giving the man a little respect, now a wounded warrior....nice t-bag, real nice. t-bag can't stand it when someone ELSE receives credit for anything whether it be an old man making an incredible shot or Watson taking a wounded vet on a hunt or Tundrawookie stating why he likes FP better than tims caller or that he might have learned something from RR or Huber that he "didn't already know" narcissism at it's best.

Enough of that, Thanks for the honest reviews on both the FP and the WT, it seems there are different opinions but this stuff is what I like to see...HONEST opinions, not some web site testimonial from someone like tiny.

Randy, thanks for your review of the WT also, you said you have used WT callers for years, have you used a foxpro for any length of time? Not that it makes your experience with the WT any less relevant just wondering if you've been able to compare in your world.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  14  15  16 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters