The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » FoxPro CS-24 Review for Tim (Page 16)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16 

Author Topic: FoxPro CS-24 Review for Tim
JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 06:59 AM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
I had oatmeal for breakfast today, with a little cinnamon and maple syrup.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 07:01 AM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a minute, what were we talking about?

Oh yea, BAN HIM!!!! No wait, don't ban him just take away his vowels, he doesn't know how to use them anyway.

--------------------
Jason

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 08:00 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
JD,
You are such a nice guy that I often wish that you were my neighbor. Good signature line also.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 08:43 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My turn with a question::
How is your calling comeing along in Newyork???
Must be racking up the numbers there right???

Thanks for taking the time to answer, Tim.

Calling here has been both good & bad for me. Good in that I'm getting them to come in the daytime on a semi-consistent basis. But bad because I'm hunting more open ares & giving this dog deal a try and he is flat out spookin' every damn one of 'em! I'm having fun trying, but it's gettin' old...fast! Got no one to blame for that, but me, so I ain't complaining, just answering your question.

From what you described, calling here in MN is pretty much the same as here in NY. Night is much more conducive, but not nearly as fun and a PITA to do with our laws.
The coyotes are here, but they just don't come to a call like elsewhere. In fact, that's exactly why I asked you those questions! I feel so much better now that I'm not alone, LOL.

I guess that is why we have 'crews' here, too. But our 'crews' run trailhounds on coyotes, and it is becoming more popular than ever.
Cut a track, dump the dogs, watch the GPS and try to get in position to either:
A. get a bullet in the coyote out front of the dogs
B. get to the dogs quickly if they bay it up & get the coyote finished
C. get to the bayup & collect a stretched coyote

It all sounds like fun to me, but as difficult as it is, I'd STILL rather try my hand to call one in!!!
Maybe that's becuase I'm landlocked here and there is no better calling opportunities within a day's drive...

[ March 08, 2012, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: knockemdown ]

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 09:12 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Did someone mention "Gumbo" in this thread ? Man I hate that shit, sticks to your shovel, boots, tires, fills up the vehicles wheel-wells.

Nasty stuff !

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 09:29 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
This thread has it all. Product reviews, Shotgunning, T-shirt sales, Gumbo, TA thrashing. All we need now is some current politics and all bases will be covered.
Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 11:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you imagine? Tim is hard enough to understand with his Scandinavian/Minneesota accent but take away his vowels? He might as well use braille: ⠫

I only imposed that punishment on one person, Uncle Jay, and I don't remember why? Might be fun, like pulling wings off a fly?

Just try and stay on topic, okay? Next guy that tries it gets whacked.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 11:57 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Leonard THANKS.

But your still guilty of premeditated banning... [Wink]

Fred thanks for a honest answer..
According to some study we also have the Eastern strain of coyotes here as well....
The funny thing about them is most of them can be called in at some point in time which is mostly up to them and how they feel...

I had one coyote for example that I called to a half dozen times through out the season and never got a show or even a howl out of it..Decided to give it another go about this time of year, useing the same stand and same list of sounds and the dam thing decided that day to come in for a look.. I just had the camera along so I snapped abunch of pictures and let it walk off....
Went to the same area the following season and made a number of stands in the same spot through out the winter, Nothing showed..
Decided to give it another try late in the winter, early spring before the pups would drop.
Same stand and same sounds used and same results as the year before, here she comes trotting in to the caller and this time I had the Cam. and a rifle..
Yep nite time calling is a whole nother game with them but you still have a few that will only show up on there terms and all a guy can do is keep makeing stands and call to them hopeing today or tonight is going to be the right time..
The funny thing with the nite time coyotes is they behave just like a S.D. coyote when they come in, they make a straight path to the caller and then check up about 100-200 yds out and just stand there..
With my coyotes I've found that sound selection was more important than stand selection.(night time calling) The main thing is to give them a easey path to the caller, like bean stubble fields or plowed fields that have filled in with deep hard snow...

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 12:39 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
"Sound selection is more important than stand selection"
????? [Confused]
(Sigh)
I have sooo much to learn. [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 12:55 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, that one deserves a big dog-pile [Eek!]
Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 01:21 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Typical dumb ass thinking by old T.A.. He can just make any kind of dumb stand selection, but still call them in by selecting the right sounds.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 01:27 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Koko for night calling here you can pretty much set up anywhere you like as the coyotes will come out into the open areas to get to the source of the caller and some will travel more than a mile. I don't need to set up along the edge of heavey cover or along a fence line or tree line. The sounds used are more important..
Another thing with night calling is the coyote or coyotes are already up and moveing around looking for food and if you try to set up close to the areas they are hunting in the game is up, they know you are there.. They feel more comfortable moveing around at night so the stand selections don't have to be perfect..

With day time calling though stand selection and how far you set up from a bedded coyote is right up there with sound selection for being important or to have a successfull stand.

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 04:03 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
"...........for night calling here..........."

Now those are the magic words. It would seem that night calling in your area is a bit different than it is in my area. I freely admit to having very limited experience calling at night, but it didn't take to long stumbling around in the dark through the cactus, catclaw, mesquite, & creosote for the dumb light to come on and realize that stands (in my area) are best carefully chosen & marked in the daylight. The return can then be made a bit more quietly.

I envy El Bee calling from the truck, cup holder at hand & heater set to `blast`.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 04:07 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Amateurs!!!! If you use an e-caller and the proper rifle you don't need to select a stand at all when using Tims magic sounds. I just pull over to the side of the highway, roll down the windows and set the caller on top of the truck, when I see a coyote within 700yds I shoot it out the window then I take several different pictures of me with the coyote in different poses, I even put it's foot in a trap and take some pics, then I leave it lay in case someone else finds it and wants to take pictures with it too.

You can pirate some of Tims sounds from his website, here ya go.... A site dedicated to Timmy

--------------------
Jason

JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 04:11 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm only teasing you Tim, you know I love you like a brother.....a retarded brother......but a brother nonetheless.

--------------------
Jason

jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 04:36 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
A miniscule departation from the resolution? [Big Grin]
Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 05:25 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Now those are the magic words. It would seem that night calling in your area is a bit different than it is in my area. I freely admit to having very limited experience calling at night, but it didn't take to long stumbling around in the dark through the cactus, catclaw, mesquite, & creosote for the dumb light to come on and realize that stands (in my area) are best carefully chosen & marked in the daylight. The return can then be made a bit more quietly.
Koko day time or night time stands can and are different from one area (state) to the next..
Some guys set up looking down wind and some looking cross wind or into the wind, some set up in cover, some on the edge and some in more open areas. Isnt really a right way or a wrong way as long as it works..
In your case for night time calling it would'nt hurt for you to have a GPS and mark the spots you want to call from at night..
I do the same here for night time calling, I will mark the places I see tracks from the coyote crossing a road and direction they went and will come back at night and call close to these road crossings..

--------------------

DiYi
Wears wife's pink panties under his camo for good luck. (yeah, right!)
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 05:38 PM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
As a newbie I hesitate to warn you but feel I really should.
Before picking on Tim's crew,you might want to know a little about them.First of all it's headed by his Uncle Viktor,not him.Here's his uncle directing a crew 'warm up' before heading out.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/leonov.html

Now,you've been warned.I know I personally would back off.

Posts: 623 | From: SoDak | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters