The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » FoxPro CS-24 Review for Tim (Page 15)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16 

Author Topic: FoxPro CS-24 Review for Tim
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 07:07 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Fred. calling during the daytime here is not like that. 99% of the time, a coyote KNOWS whats up before a caller even gets set
Coyote Down. what your implying could (possably) work if there were 2 people tracking. 1 following, one waiting but as i stated earlier, it happens so seldom that i would be basically a waste of time. for the most part. MOST coyotes will break cover when pushed,therefore the "crews" original plan would make more sence.
i ai'nt taking sides or sticking up for Tim but he's been spot on on this topic and it kinda pisses me off that those that don't know shit about it come here and question/debate it when they accuse him of doing the same thing on other topics.
i've seen Tim post's for a few years and he can give good advice and sometimes he pisses in his cereal. i don't believe i've EVER seen him say he can easily call coyotes in MN in his/our country,because if he did, i'd hammer him on it myself.

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 07:13 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
OK Fred I'll play along;;;

quote:
When hunting with your 'crew', I'd imagine you are looking for hot sign (fresh tracks) going into cover where presumably, there is a coyote or coyotes laid up? Or are you just pushing cover blindly to get something moving?
We look for fresh tracks going into a section and not comeing out or an actual siteing of a coyote loafing around in the middle of a section. We don't go after them blindly unless we have to, like when the wind blew all nite and covered up any tracks...Most times going into a section totaly blind can be a waiste of time, just like calling blind. Some times you get lucky sometimes not..

quote:
Assuning that you have a good idea that there is a coyote laid up in that cover, here's the direct question: you've got a captive audience, so why don't you just bust out the e-caller, call the coyote in and shoot it?

Most coyotes don't respond well here to a caller no matter what brand you have. Thats just the way it is... For reason why you could ask R. Roede the same question as he grew up not to far from me and had the same kind of coyotes with a simular area.
In my area the best chance you would have to call one in is at night, but you are not going to get all of them to respond, actually a very low percentage... For reason why just ask Roede..

I have areas I call and don't let the crew hunt this area till I'm done, if there is a little chance I might call one of these coyotes in then I stay after them, but when it gets to the point they are'nt going to play then I have the crew come in and we clean them out and I start with a clean slate the next year..

quote:
Why does killing YOUR coyotes require a 'crew', when you've got all the knowledge and tools at your disposal to kill coyotes anywhere in the country???

Like I mentioned its a different ballgame here..
Ask Rich Cronk why he dose'nt just drive farther East to call coyotes????
Ask TT why he had to move down to N.M. to start his calling school..

I know about most if not all of my coyotes and where they hang out so there is'nt a problem finding them...You can't make a coyote come to a call if it don't want to, most here are scared shitless and always have been.

quote:
This is what I think is so puzzling to most of us. You seem to be full of answers and words of wisdom for everyone else, yet for some reason you don't practice what you preach?
If all your nuggets of golden info are so relevant, then why the heck ain't you cleaned out all your local stock?

Don't you locate & determine the age class of your coyotes before you hunt them?

Don't you start off slow & gradually build up til you "trip their trigger"?

How about all those 'perfect' stand scenarios you post pics of. What prevents you from implementing those same strategies successfully on a coyote you KNOW is within earshot???

If you've got a coyote holed up in some brush, then why the heck can't ya just wave the magic TA17 wand and make them come in for an easy rifle shot???

Most of my calling has been done in S.D. since 1985 and thats where most of my exsperiance comes from along with what I have learned from my coyotes at home.

Yes I locate when I need to to find out whats there in numbers and age groups, young, adults and older adults..

Yep, some times very little calling some times alot,low vol. med. volume and high vol. each coyote is different.
Some coyotes are spooked by any distress sound and either run off or just lay tight and wait for me to leave. Most of the coyotes I have called in here have come in with the caller at full volume but you never know about the others so you have to try it with volume up or down..
Here you are limited to were you can make a stand so you have to make due with what you have.
I set up along creeks, fence-lines ,edge of cover, inside cover a few yards, or lay flat out in a open field, or on the edge of a wood lot...
On the coyotes I have called in I have to use a number of coyote vocals with distress sounds added at the end to bring them in, the sequences used are very simular to what I use with the more conditioned coyotes I find in S.D.
I called in 19 coyotes last year at home and I'm up to 14 coyotes here this season..
Look at the score cards at P.M. in the Greatwhite north thread and you can see how I'm sitting compared to others in MN.

If I had a magic wand I would most likely want to try it out, but I don't..LOL

My turn with a question::
How is your calling comeing along in Newyork???
Must be racking up the numbers there right??? [Wink]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 07:24 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If the coyotes follow you (behind you)then why not just wait and shoot him?
Coyotedown. Like I said if the tracker stops moveing the coyotes stops and waits it out to see what the tracker will do..
When a coyote gets into the thick stuff we don't know what its going to do till we get in after it. some will pass right on through and keep going. The smart ones will stop and stay inside it and play hide and seek.
Once we know what we have then we will send in a second hunter to block or shoot the coyote as it comes back around. Sometime the coyote will figure this game out as well and break cover and make a run for it..
I believe most of these coyotes get there educateing (conditioning)from the deer and bird hunters and learn how to get out of there way as they pass by..
This will be one of the jobs for Copper come next season.. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 07:34 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is my take on the Tim Anderson controversy. I get a bit of a kick out of his crap. It is not that I agree or disagree with what he says, it is because he drives people nuts with some of his statements. So, I get a kick out of the way he can push buttons.

If what I hear is correct, he has been systematically banned from message boards for doing exactly what he does here. Oh yeah, apparently, in this particular case, what he does with the drives is substantiated by his fellow Minneesotan, Bearhunter. I could accept his explanations without Bearhunter, but with him backing up Tim and posing the question of Wookie; that maybe he is jumping his ass because he dislikes him for other reasons? And, I am not questioning Wooki's right to jump in Tim's ass about anything, I am just wondering if (in this case) it is well deserved.

So, to get to the point, would the membership like to see a vote, a poll up in the Member's Forum asking if Tim should be banned at Huntmaster's? Would that make people happy? As I said, this is not because of increased traffic or anything like that, I just get a little buzz out of Tim and his BS. He's my problem child, ya know?

So, what say you; do we string him from the highest yardarm? Do we Draw and Quarter, is water boarding too good for him?

Do we need to be democratic or just goose step him up the steps to the gallows? I'm just innocent Ponticus Pilot, washing my hands of the whole thing. Crucifixion is another worthy goal. Just let me know, K?

Good hunting. LB

Anyway

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 07:51 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
funny LB. don't you or anybody get me wrong. i ai'nt sticking up for him because he's a SOTA man as i am. i seen a case of "do onto others" thing and just had to point out that he's been perty spot on on the "crew" tactic.
as i believe you have also [Wink]

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 08:04 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
I for one do not feel that Timmy should be banned. He can't help himself, it is sorta like O.C.D. ya know? The "I know EVERYTHING" disease can not be cured.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 08:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I don't get you wrong, at all. I know exactly what you mean and where you're coming from. I do recall that at one time, you questioned my fairness over some issue, don't remember what it was, right now, but I think you know that I try to be fair, and I am tolerant when people say stupid shit, and I seldom, if ever protect them from verbal assaults, in print. And, this is no different. He takes his lumps deserved or not, and I might even join the dogpile, if provoked. But, sometimes, he does not deserve what he gets, it's just payback.

I'm still listening. El Bee

edit: what does SOTA mean?

[ March 07, 2012, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

coyote down
Knows what it's all about
Member # 2887

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 08:11 PM      Profile for coyote down   Email coyote down         Edit/Delete Post 
Your still talking about pushing the coyote or the coyote being in (front) of you. I am going to restate my question for you. If the coyotes follow you (behind you)then why not just wait and shoot him? I understand about pushing one in front of you.
Posts: 32 | From: colorado | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 08:14 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Do what you think is right Leonard..

There you go again Rich. I don't know everything.. Check around on the other boards and some of the threads here.. I don't post in cat or Bear threads,Hog, handgun threads or big bore threads. I don't know anything about them so I stay away from them..

Oh Leonard Just FYI I'm only banned from one site at the moument (fins and fur) I was banned over at Rich and Dans board ( The professionals.)2 to 3 times but they invited me back again.. Go figure.... [Smile]

--------------------

the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 08:15 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
yep LB. i'll certananlly give you that. you are very fair.
Coyote Down. ok try to get this......
a coyote as decribed in a push is not "following" you out of curiosity. it's usually when the snow is deep and in limited cover. can't say for sure as i can't read their mind, but guessing because the snow has been broke(trail) and its easy to travel??

[ March 07, 2012, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: the bearhunter ]

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 08:19 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Better not ban him Leonard, I enjoy hammering on him as you can probably tell. I get a kick out of reading his mostly garbage spewing and throwing it back in his face.

From the sounds of it, Mr. Knows All Things Everything is the head cheese with the "crew", calling all the shots. Hear Hear crew....you can't touch that land until I call it.

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 09:03 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes wookie, I can tell. And, I'm fine with it, slice him and dice him, I get to watch.

They invited you back? Why on earth would they do that? Are they crazy? (just kidding)

Good hunting. LB

PS Hey we are both Minneesotans, we need to stick together, right?

edit: It's just that I have a hard time envisioning Tim Anderson as the Minneesota coyote Guru, running the "Crew", the General, as it were?

[ March 07, 2012, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 09:05 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Coyote down, I've never been to minneeesota and ain't taking up for tim but even I can understand what he's trying to say (and that scares me) the coyote is not chasing the hunter, he's keeping his distance. If that means he's gotta stay on the other side of the bush then he does, hunter goes clockwise, so does the coyote and just like in the cartoons, it can appear like the waskully wabbit is chasing Elmer...

ElBee, I do have one thing I take exception to though, you stated earlier about "southern deer drives" we don't drive deer, we spotlight em just like the rest of the country.

Banning tim would kill the board, where else can one find this kinda info?

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 09:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You got me on that one, Tom. I laughed out loud. Good one!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 09:11 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
And tim, I think what most are tired of is hearing you brag up your expeeriense, knollege and of course the WT, saying most hunters need to learn their coyotes instead of looking for new whizbang features in a caller while the WT has all you need, yet you can't get it done on "your" coyotes.

But it is entertaining to say the least.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
coyote down
Member # 2887

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 09:20 PM      Profile for coyote down   Email coyote down         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom-I understood, but that coyote isn't really following. He's being pushed and keeping his distance to try and watch what is happening.
Posts: 32 | From: colorado | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 09:20 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice try Tom, but that was far too easy to interpret.
Spelling wise....

[ March 07, 2012, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: jimanaz ]

Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 09:25 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Why would you want to ban him???
Hell, I can remember when Krusty was the `problem child` and that got pretty ugly at times.
And yet, Krusty turned out to be a pretty decent guy.
Tim is what Tim is. Sometimes he gives pretty good advice. Sometimes not. Usually, it's the way he puts the advice as an absolute that yanks people's chains.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 09:48 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's stay on the road, koko. I never said I wanted to ban him.

This is a Democracy, I have asked the question because it looks like some of us are willing to consider "sanctions".

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 10:19 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"No, I don't get you wrong, at all. I know exactly what you mean and where you're coming from. I do recall that at one time, you questioned my fairness over some issue, don't remember what it was, right now,"
------------------------------------
Since my memory is like that of an elephant, I actually remember two cases in which we clashed. The first was when a member stole my identity and you refused to tell me who it was until after his death. That was when I was forced to drop my last name as my official screen name, and caused me to lose my post count. The second was when I accused you of helping another member steal my identity. I was wrong about that one, because he had actually changed one letter in my name to make it work. Those deals were in a whole nuther lifetime, so all is alright now I think? I know you are fair and really hesitant in regard to banning someone. You and I were one of the very first moderators on another board, remember? [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 10:20 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Let the punching bag stay, they're handy to have around.

I think a bunch of GoPro video camera's are in order for the entire "Crew" so we can really see how smart those dogs are in MEEENASOTA.

[ March 07, 2012, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: TundraWookie ]

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2012 11:58 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, on the second issue, I was not "involved" in the farce, but admit I had prior knowledge that he was going to do it. That does not mean I "approved". I did not. I saw irregularities in the registration and talked to him but didn't stop it. I should have, but I thought he was my friend and didn't have the balls to say no. (edit: he thought it was just good clean fun)

As far as the other deal, I took care of it and I apologized for not catching it. He let the registration sit for months before posting, just like Robb Krause used to do.

Thanks for hanging in there. Yeah, we practically invented PredatorMasters together, didn't we?

Good hunting. LB

[ March 08, 2012, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 12:15 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Coyote down, I've never been to minneeesota and ain't taking up for tim but even I can understand what he's trying to say (and that scares me) the coyote is not chasing the hunter, he's keeping his distance. If that means he's gotta stay on the other side of the bush then he does, hunter goes clockwise, so does the coyote and just like in the cartoons, it can appear like the waskully wabbit is chasing Elmer...
Now your catching on Tom, scares the hell out of me though...
Yeah Tom I beat my chest from time to time mostly just to yank a chain, squeeze a orange, or toss a stone back from which it come.. Don't loose any sleep over it..

quote:
Let's stay on the road, koko. I never said I wanted to ban him.

No but you brought it up first so that makes you just as guilty. [Wink]

quote:
PS Hey we are both Minneesotans, we need to stick together, right?

edit: It's just that I have a hard time envisioning Tim Anderson as the Minneesota coyote Guru, running the "Crew", the General, as it were?

Is that legal Leonard???

Leonard I don't run the crew we work together as a team, we get together and talk over where we will hunt first, who will do the tracking and who will post (block). Who ever has the high ground calls the shots till the coyote moves out of site then someone else takes over.
I am the one that goes out and does the home work for some of the areas we hunt, I locate coyotes by howling at nite and I also pattern them by looking for tracks to see where they came from and where they go and how far and how many.. I get a idea of there core area or terr. so if we hit a section and no-one is home I have a pretty good idea of where to go next..

Yes Wookie I do have areas that no-one hunts without my permission and some of the guys have areas we can only hunt together in.. No free lanceing..The farmers kind of like it this way as well so they know who is hunting on there land. Once out of the area its then a free for all and we can hunt where we want if we have permission... Oh don't forget to turn youre sunlamp on tommorrow.... [Big Grin]

[ March 08, 2012, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 01:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No but you brought it up first so that makes you just as guilty. TA17
What a friggin' INGRATE!

I backed these guys down, by "bringing it up". Don't you understand how it works? I stuck my neck out for you because I thought, (for once) it was a trifle unfair..... and you don't get it! Instead, the thanks I get: "you brought it up first so that makes you just as guilty."
As Heath, (my favorite lackey suck ass) would say: WHAT A TOOL!

Good hunting. El Beņo

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DiYi
Wears wife's pink panties under his camo for good luck. (yeah, right!)
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2012 05:57 AM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
'Banning'is something liberals do.
Posts: 623 | From: SoDak | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters