The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Fine start

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fine start
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2018 09:01 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
The weather and my schedule finally lined up and Kevin and I were able to get out for a few stands this morning.

Saw two coyotes, called six others, and a bobcat (out of season).

Killed a double (out of three that replied) on stand one. Thirty seconds in, a pup tried to blow through the fenceline where I was sitting and ended up getting tangled up about four feet from me on my left. Got freed and ran up the fence line toward Kevin and ran out right next to him where it joined the big male from a pack of five that had been strafing the owner's deer. K dropped both and a third one we hadn't seen busted out and got away.

Stand two, called in another pair. Yours truly screwed the pooch on a pushed shot just before they got into our stink. Missed with extreme prejudice and K winged one before they both got into a cattail marsh and wasn't recoverable.

Stand three, spotted one peeing on a wheatfield. Barked at it then dumped it at about 200 yards.

Three down.

We continued walking in and sat up on "the morgue". Had a shy mange ball stand up at the first howls. He worked his way in very cautiously to about 150 then just lost interest. As soon as he gave me a shot, I punched him. (4)

Continued calling for about ten minutes and was just about ready to get up when K signaled me to keep calling. Thirty seconds later, #5 snuck out of a ravine beneath us and she quickly became DRT.
Had a third one on this stand sneaking in at range but he snuck back out unscathed.

Stand four, called a large tom bobcat that was so spotless he was transparent. Will have to cull him when season opens in three weeks.

Four stands. Four hours. Eight coyotes and 1 bobcat seen. Five coyotes dead.

Fine start.

-

[ October 21, 2018, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2018 01:35 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Good to see that you're still up & about.
Did your 'proposal' ever get any traction with the Powers That Be ????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2018 04:31 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol, up and about, but with more pain everyday. Two years, 7 days to minimum retirement age (MRA), if my knees, feet, and neck hold out.

As far as the proposal, our state legislature has been recessed since last spring and won't be back in session until after the mid-terms. If my current Rep is re-elected, I expect to see some action then. If he isn't, and is replaced by the dem challenging him whose only purpose in life is to overfund education, I will have a long row to hoe. Rumors are that the federal effort has slowed and it hinges in large part on that money being made available.

[ October 22, 2018, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2018 04:54 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a great day for you and K great story and pic ! Thanks.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2018 08:24 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, me too. Thanks for dropping by.

Say, is that a machine gun you are holding? Please tell me it's not a 5.56mm? I thought you were starting to get into hand loading?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31447 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2018 05:21 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Fine start there Cdog.

I ain't even shot a coyote yet this fall. That'll all change this weekend.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters