The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Can we talk facemasks?... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Can we talk facemasks?...
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2017 04:03 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
This has to be thread of the year so much good info. Moe that dude would'a woke up dead.
I chamber at the truck when using my 6.8 as its an AR and really noisy. Don't call with it
much ,it was built for hogs.

[ November 29, 2017, 04:04 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2017 07:34 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that Moe's is a case where 'He needed killing' would be a viable defense.

FWIW; Before I hunt with someone, if possible, I like to spend an hour or so with them at a gun range. Gives a good idea if the guy is probably alright or shouldn't be trusted with a BB gun.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2017 09:07 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I like mesh face masks when it's warm, helps with skeeters & a fleece one when cold.

That's about it, could care less otherwise. It's kinda' about comfort with me.

As far as a safety goes, I'm with the safety on crowd until it's time to pull the trigger. I think it's a personal preference deal, whatever makes one comfortable. I'm down with.

I quit taking newbies out some time ago. Just don't care anymore. The right kinda' guy maybe ?

I almost prefer to be alone anymore. Unless, I get stuck [Big Grin]

[ November 29, 2017, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2017 10:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, yes, I remember that particular stand you mention. Beside you mercilessly ragging on me about what you called my "hushpuppy" boots. which were standard US Army Desert boots, but anyway. It was to save weight packing for the flight that I decided to bring those boots, and boy, you never let me hear the end of it!

Anyway, (again) yes, I was downhill from you by a gate and along a fence line and I guess you were about 50 yards directly behind me. What was impressed on me was that you said that because of your status as the predator control officer, that it was up to you to take the first shot, a responsibility situation. You said if the animal got away, it was on you, so I was just in a backup role.

The problem was that this coyote came in on a straight line, and in line with you, me and the coyote down the hill. Faced with your rule, I didn't know whether to shit or go blind but I finally turned 180 and looked at you and you encouraged me to shoot the damned coyote. This was a long time in coming though and we could have easily lost the animal if I had not turned around seeking permission.

Anyway, that's how I remember it. You are right, you would have been forced to shoot over my head, if you were going to shoot first. And I understand you feeling it was your responsibility and you didn't want to clean up any mess that I might make. (Thanks, Bro)

Good hunting. El Bee [Smile]

[ November 29, 2017, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31463 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Knows what it's all about
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2017 07:20 AM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure how I may have worded it at the time (quite certain I didn't use the phrase "status as the predator control officer") my point was that since we decided to work a complaint area, then I wanted to be pretty certain if we shot at one we'd kill it. It's not like I don't miss shots because I do but since it was a complaint area it is easier to accept cleaning up my own messes.

In hindsight, would have been better to call areas that were not complaint areas then you could shoot to your heart's content. I also remember it rained hard and we drove half way across the state to get out of it and get some hunting in.

~SH~

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2017 10:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Na, you probably didn't say that, it was just what I got out of it, no big deal. But, what I am quite sure of is you wanted to do the shooting. Your motive might have been different than how I understood.

For sure, I had a good time, Walls Drug, the reptile farm, Black hills and Crazyhorse Monument. Also, it was the first time I had ever seen Bison herds, and Prairie Chickens. I'd never seen a 7 lane bowling alley, either.

Lucky that I stopped you from stealing some guys' luggage at the airport, thinking it was mine....should have seen the look on your face!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31463 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters