The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Had a really fun week out west (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Had a really fun week out west
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2016 01:57 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Spent a few days out west calling Coyotes. We usually don't go out there this early in the year but with work schedules and such we had to push it up. Seems to be a few coyotes out and about.

Well I give up the pictures won't post. We ended up killing 33 coyote though. Plus its probably good Leonard can't see the skyline. Lol

Good Hunting Chad

[ September 25, 2016, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

Posts: 1626 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2016 02:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Where's the pics?

I was hoping they would show a little skyline so I can guess, (figure out) where you were? [Smile]

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31490 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2016 03:29 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
I really don't know why these damn pictures won't post I've done it before.

[ September 26, 2016, 04:05 AM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2016 05:22 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
RATS!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 12:26 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
UTDUDE;
As long as you blur out the sign in the background that says "DONNA'S RANCH - WELLS NEV." El Bee won't have a clue as to where you were at.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7588 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 01:26 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol. KoKo that's funny you mention that. My brothers and I had a good laugh about that when we stopped there to get gas. Remember the line by Robert Duvall in Lonesome Dove when he's talking about getting a poke. We joked that we could stop at Donna's for a poke.lol

[ September 26, 2016, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 04:40 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a great time! The coyotes, not Donna's [Big Grin] .

Does seem to be a few coyote about. Me and Tim went out last weekend and killed 17 in a day and a half. But, only ONE pup, out of that 17 coyotes. Could be a fluke. But about 7, 8 years ago, something like that, we went a whole season and only killed 2 YoY for the whole year. Coyote numbers were way down the next year and took a couple years after that to come back.

Hope I'm not seeing the same thing again.

But, a few weeks ago in a completely different area, we saw plenty of pups. So, even if it is bad news, maybe it's not going to be as widespread as it seemed to be last time?

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 05:20 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
maybe a bumper crop, this year?
Heck, I'm gettin' more cool coyote pics on my trail cam. Looks like there's definitely a couple around to get whacked! This one looks like a burly mofo:
 -

And a couple others, scrappin' n the dark:
 -

Nice hunts, guys! Those #s are nuthin' to shake a stick at!!!
Chad, which rifle did ya grab?

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 05:22 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
We shot about 10 yoy... But most were adults. Should of killed over 40 coyotes. Missed a few easy shots shaking off the rust I guess.lol I did shoot a whopper that had to weigh over 40 lbs. It really was a great time, hell anymore just getting away is worth it, killing a few Coyotes is just bonus. It wasn't to bad though for 4 1/2 days of calling.

Good Hunting Chad

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 05:28 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Believe it or not, I'm not very familiar with Wells. Too many Utes, for one thing.

But, as I recall, there was a street, kind of a dead end. and there was a bunch of pastel high fences around the parking which prevented the casual observer from monitoring the comings and goings. I was never a customer, so I can't remember why I happened to be there? Just my little idiosyncrasy, I never believed in paying for pussy.

When last I was in the area, on the Ute side by Wendover, was treated to several interesting "things". First, came across an open area where somebody had butchered a steer, always figured it was rustling. Second, I marveled at the brown UPS vans negotiating those back roads. Third, we were treated to an ariel display of B1 bombers flying some interesting low level maneuvers, you know, following the terrain?

Figure out how to post those pics. Hey Fred!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 05:44 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell I have tried everything and it won't work. Sorry
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 05:46 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Chad's pic tags, they were properly formed. He was doing that part right.

Only thing I can think, the pictures aren't actually hosted? Looked like the url was pointing to a storage share or something.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 06:05 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's not good enough! Get off your blankity blank blank and finger it out! [Smile]

edit; but Dave might be right.

[ September 26, 2016, 06:06 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 06:27 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't I just email them to you Leonard and you can post them?

Edit: Leonard Email sent

[ September 26, 2016, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 07:25 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope this works?
titled: day 2 & 3
 -
titled: day 4
 -
titled: day 1
 -
titled: also day 1
 -

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 07:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So, how many of those were taken after dark?

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: PS that trailer looks like what those Basque sheperds live in?

[ September 26, 2016, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 07:35 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Zero..... Didn't even take a spotlight...All day stands mostly daylight until around noon-2pm each day the wind really blew the first 3 days. 5 taken with the shotgun the rest were taken with .204 Rugers. Didn't that big Male picture show up.

Yeah that sheep camp is the way to go. Wood burning stove, queen and double size bed. Not roughing it by any means.lol

edit: yeah, I overlooked the big dog. Sorry
 -

[ September 26, 2016, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 08:48 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Were those hides blue?

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: did you see many jacks, just driving around?

[ September 26, 2016, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 09:03 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
They're still about a month away from being skinable I'd guess. That big one looked pretty good though. And yes my gawd there are ALOT of rabbits out there this year. And lots and lots of Chukars too.

Oh and I forgot we called in a BIG Bobcat too. Came in to about 75 yards. Really pretty one.

[ September 26, 2016, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 11:25 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Chad, don't get me started on those cats! You know how I feel about chickenshit regulations prejudicial towards non residents.

<sigh> The Good Old Days!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: that is the single reason why I might consider moving to Nevada rather than Arizona. The cats up there are far better, and more of them than AZ.

edit: PS on the big cat. Did he lope in? Rather than sneak in from bush to bush?

[ September 26, 2016, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 01:12 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I agree about that bullshit law. Actually kind of funny we had just called and missed a coyote when it came sneaking through the brush, at first I thought it was another coyote until it hit a clearing then I knew right away it was a cat. Just kind of slinked away like it thought nobody had see it.lol
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 01:47 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell yeah you had a good time! Glad to see it.

My Dad was a resident to the west there and just started to trap bobcat right before he got sick.

Pretty simple explanation for the non resident hate. Not a satisfactory explanation. But simpl...

- DAA

--------------------

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 04:47 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Good going.

That is one big male for sure! Anymore, I like getting one big-old-male more than a double of yoy's.

Edit;I need to learn to spell "good" sheesh

[ September 26, 2016, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Lonny ]

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 07:25 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Good job !!

PS: I LOVE THE CAMO !! Right on !!

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2016 10:45 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dave, yeah it really was a good week not just killing the Coyotes, spending some time with my brothers. Don't get to do that as often as we used to.

Lonny yeah those big Coyote are nice except dragging them back to the truck.lol

Yeah Dave don't wear much camo anymore. I do have alittle Sitka camo that I bought for hunting ducks and geese that doubles for Coyote Camo when its Wet or Cold, that and a couple Camo hoodies but that's about it.lol

[ September 26, 2016, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters