The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Baby Fox Sound for Close Calling?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Baby Fox Sound for Close Calling?
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2015 01:01 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
I stumbled across this video of a baby fox rescue. I was wondering if the sound the fox makes at the beginning of the video might be good for close area calling of coyotes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em_ObLZaMAc

Does Foxpro have a sound like this? I don't ever recall a sound like this from them.

[ September 30, 2015, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2015 03:21 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Nick , FP has both baby red and baby gray fox sounds. And those sounds dang sure work on coyotes in our AO...
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2015 09:08 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting video. I am not sure where this occurred, but if it's anywhere in the U.S. then it looks like a coyote grabbed the pup then lost it or dropped it because of a threat of some kind? That sort of thing happens around here all the time with cats but they are usually crushed and if dropped, dead or will die.

Looks like a red fox, to me even though I have never actually seen one in person? A gray fox has the loudest scream you have ever heard! Seriously, a scream way out of proportion to their size, sounds more like an adult female human.

I shot a gray one night and wounded it. The screaming was so loud, I thought I had somehow hit a woman? It's illogical, but I had no experience with a sound like that coming from a ten pound animal. I can talk about it; you can nod your head, but until you experience it, you won't "get it."

The comments to video are unbelievable, people are so wrapped up in the Cult of Disney, it's sickening.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2015 09:42 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
The first time I ever encountered a live grey fox was back in the early 80's...deer hunting on the central coast here in Cali. I walked down into a wash and as soon as I hit the bottom 2 greys started barking at me from about 10 feet away. Male and a female I think. Loud as hell! Scared me scatless. Amazed me cause they just stood their ground, a couple of little badasses. Ever since that day Ive had that sound engrained in my head.

Love calling the little suckers.
Mark

edit: we have reds here, see them all the time. There are a pair that hang out at a local golf course, and they are quite comical.

Ive had some come into the call over the years around here, but if you even look at em wrong you go to prison, Im sure

[ September 30, 2015, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2015 10:35 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 

Seems to me Cal - FoxPro - had some pup sounds a lot like this.

Leonard

The second video said they took it (a red fox) to some Blue Ridge Animal Center, so I'm guessing it's over on this side (Va/WVa border).

Lots of foxes here.

Krusty

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2015 12:56 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nick , FP has both baby red and baby gray fox sounds. And those sounds dang sure work on coyotes in our AO...
Thanks Fred. I will give them a try this fall.

Leonard, I am not sure what state this occurred in, but it is somewhere down south, perhaps in VA as Krusty mentioned. This was actually from a metal detecting sight, where that women's husband finds a lot of Civil War relics in rivers, creeks, fields, etc. Every time he finds a piece from the South he refers to it as "Confederate." Every time he finds something from the North he refers to it as "Yankee" as opposed to "Union." Pretty funny, actually.

Thanks for the info! I can't find a Foxpro sound that fits this sound exactly, but they do seem to come pretty close.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters