The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Yappity yapper

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yappity yapper
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2015 08:02 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Had no problem getting coyotes to answer back today, just could not close the deal on any of em.

Took some phone vid, and thought Id post this one up, yapping back and forth with a pissy coyote, but I dont think my phone picked up the coyote to well, if at all. I can barley hear him when I watched the vid on my puter. If you turn it up, youll get blown out by my calling, sorry.
Mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgB9s_RAyFo

[ August 30, 2015, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2015 09:30 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Howlers and yappers are pretty much normal around here at this time of year, on most stands before about 10am.

Doesn't seem to mean much, as far as whether anything is going to show or not. Just seems like all the coyotes want to howl in the mornings and some of them want to yap and bark. Most of the time, I don't think I'm busted or anything, just grouchy yappy barking coyotes.

I made five stands the other day. Heard multiple groups howling and or yapping and barking on every stand.

First stand of the morning, I started with a lone howl. Immediately - like, within two seconds, a coyote appeared on the skyline of the ridgetop in front of me. No way he could see me or my truck, or smell me. But after standing there for a minute, he turned away. Tried a bunch of stuff, but never saw him or any other coyote on that stand. Heard a bunch howling from three different directions though.

Decided that was about my usual luck using vocals, only used rabbit for the next four stands. Killed three coyotes.

But hear groups howling from at least two different directions on every stand and on one stand where I didn't see a coyote, five different directions.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2015 09:47 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Same here, really. Plus,I was to lazy and it was to hot to try and work em further. I just kept moving on, making (unproductive) stands, looking at some new country. Been shaking off the rust last couple weekends anyways, calling, so no biggie.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2015 02:49 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
don't it just drive ya nuts when they tell ya that they are listening, but then they refuse to show themselves.
Will drive a man to drinkin' if ya try to figure 'em out.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters