The New Huntmastersbbs!
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Member Forum.  
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » BUY, SELL, TRADE   » Rigor Rabbit (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Rigor Rabbit
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 05:32 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Since we don't seem to be having a camp-out this year and another thread seems to indicate that we're shutting down in Oct. I thought that I'd mention that I have a Rigor Rabbit decoy that I may part with if the offer's good.
I plan on taking it to the 'North of Willcox' site on Sat. 5 Jan. '19 and Sun. 6 Jan. '19 if anybody would care to drop by and look it over.
The dates or the location are not up for debate.
As long as I'm there, I'll probably set up my tent trailer and awning. Might as well put a package of Brats on the bbq, too. A bottle of mead would go well with the brats. And some music; gotta have a Willy Jack cd playing. [Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted September 18, 2018 07:04 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the way I read the chatter, if someone comes up with $25,000, the site will close down. BUT. This will give me the opportunity to do the remake and the reincarnation of
The New HuntmastersBBS 2.0

Everything would be transferred, membership rolls, archives, and all your sage pronouncements.

PS the phrase Rigor Rabbit rings some kind of bell? Was it a decoy of some type?

You know, back in the dark ages, before camo, I invented a decoy using string and rubber bands and a stuffed puppy. While it was pretty useless to yank on the string most of the stand, when a coyote was spotted, I could have used an assistant to keep up the motion, so I could unlimber the machine gun. Incidentally, this was also before C cell batteries were invented.

Well, I'm kidding about that, but not about camo. At one time, it was totally unavailable. If lucky, you might score a WWII surplus HBT, but commercial camouflage clothing had not been invented yet.
El Bee

edit: HBT, you might ask? I was in the Army for a year and a half, filling out my laundry slips and never knew what the hell HBT meant. "Herring Bone Twill" (don't ask, that's all I know)

[ September 18, 2018, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 08:05 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's a paranoid looking rabbit that shakes & shimmies.
I'll be at the old camp-out site for two days if anybody wants to look at it.

Actually, I may get there Friday afternoon to get set up and pull out Sunday afternoon.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 03:44 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I will be there Koko. Drove past it couple months ago, when hauling my dog to the vet there in Safford. Sure looked like it was locked up to my eye? Maybe I wasn't paying close attention? Looked like the rancher had improved to site, corrals, water etc?
I plan on being in the area from mid December for a couple four weeks or so, I'll sure plan on dropping by and shooting the shit with you, don't know about the Meade?, never had a swig of the stuff.

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 05:27 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The two track goes past the corrals & tank. Actually, we have the option of either east or west of the Hwy. I'll get down there and figure out which side would be more better.
Mead is what the Vikings in Valhalla drank. A bit on the sweet side but I like it now & then.
You know Dr. Debbie ??? Invite her to stop by, too. Amazon Women always welcome !!!!

--------------------

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 07:33 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Dr. Debbie is a good one for sure. In 2003, I worked for a ranch east of my place about 15 miles. One day we had about 25 head of new angus herd bulls that had to be semen tested, Deb was the vet who took care of this place. I had the unsavory job of punching the ass of each bull with an electrode about the size of a caulking gun, when fully inserted, the juice was turned on, the bull stiffens like hit with a tazer, immediately gains an erection, while Dr Deb hold the member in question and lets it squirt a load in a dixie cup.
That sample is put under a microscope and the bull is given a heads up for a good sample, or a thumbs down. One young cowboy took an obvious shine to Deb and her deft handling of bull pricks.
The next bull in line, when achieving an erection had obvious problems with warts, which looked somewhat like half a dozen small concord grapes along the shaft, Dr. Deb popped those things between her thumb and forefinger and shot blood two feet, this occurred just as the hand mentioned he wished he could be a bull. Without missing a stroke, she said step up cowboy and you can be next in line!
She's a good one Koko, hell, I saved over $150 bucks even after driving all the way to Safford, to get my dog neutered compared to the cheapest in Cochise county, they run a tight ship there at Desert Cross.

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted September 19, 2018 07:03 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! We need pics! I need Dr Debbie as my next screen saver. I think it best that Dorthee tags along on these neutering trips, next time. (just kidding)

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2018 07:20 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
El Bee; Screen saver sent. [Smile]

Vic, it'll be good to se you again.
Ariel mentioned that he'll stop by, too.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2018 12:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
If we let it drop that you are providing free root beer, we might see a reincarnation of the famous campouts of the past.

BTW, what's the reason for the date and the non negotiating? Not that I care, somebody's got to step up.

But for me, when certain people backed out of a commitment at the last minute, I had the feeling like herding cats, in organizing these events and getting people to turn out. None of the annual campouts were for my personal benefit, I just always felt that this was a worthy thing, to meet and greet. I sometimes felt that they might like to be paid to be there, anyway, if we can have a little bs session and reacquaint I'm all for it.

I think if we headline up in Member's Forum that the original Coyote God, Victor Carlson is going to attend, we might exceed expectations. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2018 01:04 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The reason the place & date are not open to debate is because for the last few years we pissed around over details trying to please everybody until the wheels fell off of the train.

I have a small supply of Henry's Root Beer. First come first served.

Hope that you liked that screen saver. Never get tired of that one.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2018 01:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't open it? if you could send it in the body of the text as a link instead of an attachment?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2018 06:50 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmmmm…………
The subtle approach to a camp-out doesn't seem to be getting much attention.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted September 24, 2018 03:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's because nobody looks at anything past Member Forum. If you, I or we want to get information out, it pretty much needs to be posted in Member's Forum at the top of the page.

So, are you beginning to understand the frustration involved in organizing just about anything when strong independent minded men are concerned?

Don't give up yet. Not quite yet.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2018 04:47 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's why this is going to pretty much be a low keyed thing.
Well aware that in most cases if ten people say that they'll attend, setting the table for five would be about right.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2018 03:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The way I have felt about these things, ever since the first one, I guess it was 2003? I just never wanted to jazz it up and try to "enhance" the turnout. I have always felt that if they want to come, that's great. But I don't want anybody to feel like they are doing me a favor. If these guys don't see the value in getting to know each other on a personal level, as opposed to writing a post on a message board. Big difference.

Sometimes, you feel exactly how you expected towards the particular member. Rarely, they aren't quite as you expected. Mostly, they come across in person as they do on the boards.

Still, (oh) one thing that's different is they sometimes don't look like you expected. Sometimes they have a snow white beard, which is a surprise; stuff like that.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2018 04:56 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Should'a seen it when it was the color of a new copper penny.
And long. People used to cringe when I pulled the bowstring back into it. Never got tangled, though.
[Cool]

Edit 2 spel.

[ September 24, 2018, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2018 06:48 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting. That entanglement would concern me, kinda like I feel wearing a ghilli suit and working a bolt action. I'd be scared that those strings would get jammed up in the action.

I also wonder how best to keep the frosting of the cake from being smeared all over my face? I assume it requires decisions, what to, and what not?

My apologies, as you can guess, I'm not a big fan of that stuff. Seriously, I don't get what is the satisfaction? Nothing feels better, after a week in the woods than to get the itchy stubble shaved off. I'd be as white as you; and at one time, my beard was a dark reddish color.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2018 08:46 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I razor burnt my chin once too often about four decades ago. Hasn't happened since.

Cake frosting's no big deal.
Bbq-ed ribs, on the other hand, it ain't pretty.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2018 09:42 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The mental picture is gruesome

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Ariel Perez
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2018 04:49 PM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
I’ll be there Koko, let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

I second the motion that we should invite Dr Debbie, she is easy to look at.

--------------------
AP

Posts: 60 | From: South/eastern Az | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2018 06:29 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, and if we have an arm wrestling contest she could hand us all our asses.

[Eek!]

--------------------

Ariel Perez
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2018 09:26 PM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
That’s a fact!!

Seriously let me know if I can do anything to help. I have a rotisserie I could bring out and we could cook us up a little pig (lechon style). There is a guy in Pima who i buy my pigs from and his prices are good.

If the location doesn’t workout there are plenty of options. Stockton pass has a nice camping area, high creek, sunset loop, plenty of good areas.

--------------------
AP

Posts: 60 | From: South/eastern Az | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged
ATexan
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2018 03:17 PM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
How would a outstate member like myself get the directions to this campout? Is this an invite only deal or open invite?
Posts: 112 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2018 07:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
If you are a member, you are invited, Amigo!
Directions will be forthcoming, it's described as north of Wilcox, but ko ko is local and he can nail it down in plenty of time. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

ATexan
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2018 04:53 AM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
That's good news. Looking at a map of Arizona, Wilcox is about 10 hour drive for me. Not to bad at all. If I read the earlier post correct the dates are Jan 5th and 6th 2019.
Being this would be the first get together I have attended, what would one expect from this campout?

Posts: 112 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters