The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » BUY, SELL, TRADE   » Coming soon

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coming soon
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2016 06:49 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
Puppies!
Out of my good male cur, and a plott female I've been hunting for a couple years. Should be go getters! Anybody interested let me know quick. She's about to pop and I want to see if there is any interest. These pups will not be expensive, I just wanted one or two for myself. The rest can be had for the price of vaccinations etc.

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2016 09:20 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a pretty good deal for somebody.

I'm really not interested in a dog right now, they tie me down too much. But I love them!

Anyway, if I "was" interested, I would appreciate photos of the parents, if possible? Might help to get them placed, ya know?

In any case, good luck.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2016 11:50 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
El Bee;
I'm kind of surprised that you're still allowed to own an animal companion in 'that state' where you live unless you're going to marry it. They have rights, you know.

Me.......I seem to be a Mutt Magnet.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2016 06:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Believe it or not, I have managed to get in trouble with the city about my alleged loud bird. They'll never take me alive!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted July 28, 2016 03:46 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Man, that should make for some cool dogs!
For reference, here's a pic of a dog that's 50% Kamphouse Plott and 50% Kemmer Cur:
 -

That 50/50 dog happens to be both Pokey's great grandpa AND his 1/2 brother. They are both out of the same Kemmer cur female (for any interested genealogists in the room)
 -

Good luck with the pups, Cal!

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted July 28, 2016 06:35 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal....I lost my good kemmer about a month ago. I may be interested...your number still the same?

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 28, 2016 01:57 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Gotta tell a dog story. You know, how some breeds are supposed to be timid and high strung, and others aggressive, etc.

So, I was in a certain airport terminal and I noticed some lady coming from arrivals and another woman walking towards the Concourse of departures. The arrival woman had a very large black standard poodle in a traditional clip and the other lady had a typical German Shepard on the same type of five foot leash. But, the Poodle seemed to take an instant dislike of the German Shepard, and the shepard wanted no part of him. I say him, but I'm not really sure of the sex of either dog.

My point is, (having owned a poodle at one time) they are just a dog. In the case of mine, she was a black miniature female, not a toy and she had the most "birdy" instincts of any dog I have ever owned. She racked up quite a total of the various birds trying to help themselves to her food bowl, and had good instincts around rattlesnakes, as well. She loved to be out in the bush.

End of story, but you never know if a dog will live up to its reputation.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: My Redbone was actually afraid of all birds, kinda silly but ran the other way unless it was some four footed critter, then LOOK OUT!

[ July 28, 2016, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2016 03:38 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
End of story, but you never know if a dog will live up to its reputation.
True, and especially so for 'show breeds' that are no longer bred for any sort of performance...

However, if one has a genetic 'road map' & set of desired traits to breed toward achieving, then amazing things can be done!
I suspect that Cal is outcrossing his cur into a hound for a reason, rather than a random breeding. Looking for more nose, more track drive, more voice...could be anything! Just sayin', that if ya put two dogs that wanna work together, than odds favor the offspring being "go -gitters". And a little 'hybrid vigor' in the gene pool don't hurt! Heck, Cal could wind up with pups that perform better than either parent...

Beyond that, crossing curs & plotts go together like peanut butter & jelly. It believed that plotts & curs share common genetic link from recent history in America, and the good ol' plotts brought to this country were more 'cur-like' than 'hound-like'...

Anyhoo, I wouldn't be surprised if Cal's litter turn out to be some badazz little machines! Hunters have been making that type of cross for a long time, because when it 'clicks', it can be really good!

Sorry to hear about your dog, Geordie.

[ July 29, 2016, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: knockemdown ]

knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2016 03:58 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a pic of that brindle 50/50 dog's parents, out riggin' for bear:

Silver (Kamphouse Plott) on left
Ida (Kemmer cur) yellow dog third from left:
 -
Good things came from that outcross!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted July 29, 2016 06:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Fred, that pic seems to show four dogs that know what they are supposed to do. Good looking dogs!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: My old partner, Pat had a dog he said was a Plott hound. Big dog, blocky head, good natured but looked like he could kick ass if he felt like it. Probably weighed at least 80 pounds? His other dogs were (looked like) Walkers and the Plott couldn't keep up with them. The plan was lions but I think 99% of what they treed was bobcat. LB

[ July 29, 2016, 06:33 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Brent Parker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4354

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2016 11:05 AM      Profile for Brent Parker   Email Brent Parker         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal,

Lost my phone with your number give me a call.

Brent

Posts: 172 | From: 2 miles east of Vic | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2016 07:42 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll give you a call Brett, Or mine is 307-680-4419
These will be nice pups and I will post pics when she has them. The momma is a registered plott, but she's more of an old time plott. You would never know she's not a cur. She's not a big auger headed bear dog. This breeding was not by accident, I just thought it would be a good cross. The male is the same dog I used on the foxpro show, if any of you saw that. He's out of a good line of dogs that are well proven. I've had him for several years. I think even Kelly Jackson has some relation to him. Might even be a littermate to Kellys dog, I can't remember. This is the second year I've used the female. She started slow and has really came on at decoying and chasing cripples, and she found a couple dens by herself this summer.

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2016 09:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see some pictures of these pups!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters