The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » 2013 CAMPOUT   » upside down map

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: upside down map
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted September 21, 2014 03:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Everybody knows I'm not a computer geek. Can't rotate this but you can; stand on your head to view. LB

edit:
 -

[ September 21, 2014, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31333 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2014 04:37 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I held a mirror up to the monitor to read the map.

[Razz]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7511 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Fur_n_Dirt
So. Ariz. Zone Tech. Expert
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2014 05:07 PM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
Just couldn't take it..

-

--------------------
--- It's all simple if you know what you are doing ---

Posts: 437 | From: Tucson | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2014 06:42 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's why we pay you the big bucks. Thanks.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

KaBloomR
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2014 08:07 PM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
From what I'm seeing on Google Earth, is the West Canyon Road the first right after Cumberland? How far out from there?

--------------------
"It always gets a helluva lot worse before it gets any better"

Posts: 302 | From: Utah | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2014 02:27 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
kabloomer
its about a mile down west cyn. It will be marked. If your map layers show the national Forest boundary thats it on the left.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
KaBloomR
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2014 02:16 PM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul. I'm getting really excited about the trip. Looking forward to getting away for a few days of R&R.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2014 01:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like three weeks before the ronde. Time to start inventory, things to do, change the oil, break out the appropriate camo pattern for northern AZ, get it laundered and pressed. What, you never wash camo? Good boy, you might make it yet.

I received, in the snail mail Saturday, the actual handwritten document but have not taken a picture of it yet, as I have not posted a few scenic photographs Paul emailed me a month ago.

Would it be appropriate to inquire about accommodations involving bodily functions; i.e. taking a dump? Is it permissible to dig holes on the property or perhaps a more civilized option, such as a pair of port a potties?

Whatever, I like to think I'm flexible in this and several other things.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS if not already understood, eating arrangements will be personal responsibility, unless otherwise stated. Bring your camp stuff and your edibles, or drive to the nearest McDonald's.

[ September 28, 2014, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2014 02:27 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I will not be getting a porti -pottie this time.
The forest is available for those needs. My property is much smaller than before pee where ya please but act like a bear and shit in the woods. I have not heard back from the trappers as far as cooking goes so I assume its not happening. there are two count em two restaurants in Ash Fork as well as a market of sorts(small).I have a small out door kitchen that is available for use (your mom don't live here clean up after yourself).Skinning rack and fleshing beam also available , most times I just use the swing set I set up for the grandkids. And yes Koko the archery range should be in full swing by then. The coyotes had a good year no shortage of those. The fox are making a comeback after parvo or ? cleaned them out. Have not had a dry stand on fox this year called a bunch and let em walk till fur season this Dec. Two years ago I couldn't buy a fox. Lots of cat sign as well. Calling should be good. The terrain varies and depending on where you want to hunt You have desert , plains . mountains , rolling grass your call.looking forward to seeing you all there.

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2014 02:36 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
P.S. I will have signs out they will say ' HMBBS' with arrows.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2014 02:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's Paul's photos of the area.

-

-

-

edit: I took a couple photos of the hard copy map but they didn't show an improvement over what is already posted?

[ September 29, 2014, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

KaBloomR
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2014 03:38 PM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a great variety of terrain. Any places nearby to fish?

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2014 06:33 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
FISH?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

KaBloomR
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2014 06:49 PM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
It's your fault, LB. That beautiful water pic got my wheels turning.....

--------------------

KaBloomR
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2014 07:05 PM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
.....and remember, you have to purchase a non-resident combo license. It may improve my chances of not getting skunked. [Smile]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2014 02:48 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
There are lakes near Willams about 15 miles away and the lakes and rivers of the Colo. River near Kingman about 75 miles away.
Williams: Dog town lake, Kaibab lake ,Cataract lake,a few others
Kingman area: Lake Mojave, lake mead ,and the Colorado river.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2014 08:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
YEAH, IT'S FAIRLY EASY TO GET TO THE COLORADO RIVER FROM THE CAMP SITE.

(oops) just drive due north and hike down the canyon, great fishing! Then, hike back up to the rim, back in camp for dinner!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2014 08:29 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Damn it Leonard you just gave away my secret fishin spot.

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2014 08:59 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Cliff diving !!!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7511 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
KaBloomR
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2014 06:33 PM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
I've only got 5 days.....

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters