The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » 2013 CAMPOUT   » 2014 CAMPOUT BIG ANNOUNCEMENT ! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 2014 CAMPOUT BIG ANNOUNCEMENT !
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted August 28, 2014 06:23 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, the committee has decided to ronde in Ashfork, Arizona this year. Actually, it's about 3 1/2 miles north east of Ashfork on Paul Melching's property.

I will provide precise directions as soon as I get a couple documents and will post them on the board, but no worry, it will be easy to find and Paul will have signs up.

The dates will be, (drum roll, please)
OCTOBER 17-18-19

Paul says the woods are pretty sparse that time of year and daytime temperatures will be (perhaps) the low to mid 70's and overnight lows should be no worse than 40degrees.

It's very good camping and Paul has a large Quonset for meeting and greeting.

Ashfork is roughly between Kingman and Flagstaff on old 66. His property borders the Kaibab Nationa Forest.

Hope to see you there!

[ August 29, 2014, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2014 06:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The responses are deafening.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2014 08:10 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Is this the same place some of us ate my bobcat?

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2014 08:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No that was siligman. Thisis a bit further west. Wild ass guess maybe 30-40 miles from the other place.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2014 10:58 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Dan
It's much like the other place a little closer to civilization but right on the edge of the Kaibab we share a fence.
lots of game coyotes everywhere fox and bobcat
though I prefer to t4rap the bobcats. oh and plenty of longtails as well.
Since I have commited to do this I expect everyone to show up all yall Okies , New Yorkers ,
Coon Asses , fly overs et al. Lets Have Some FUN!
P>S> if you are from Arizona and don't show your citizenship will be rescinded and deportation to the Muslim country of your choice.

[ September 01, 2014, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
KaBloomR
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2014 02:33 PM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
The dates and location sound great to me. I'll be there! Look forward to meeting all of you guys.

Thanks for hosting, Paul.

Forgot to ask: Non-resident permits? Must purchase a Hunt/Fish combo?

[ September 01, 2014, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: KaBloomR ]

--------------------
"It always gets a helluva lot worse before it gets any better"

Posts: 302 | From: Utah | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2014 03:14 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Short term non res. hunt fish /combo $20.00/ day
see you there.

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2014 04:17 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Dates are earlier than I'd hoped.
Kinda close from returning from our archery elk hunt @ end Sept, plus a big cement job is planned @ work for around that time. Dates to be determined, based on logistics.

Can't commit yet...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2014 09:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well shit. No fred no go. Everybody wants to see him up close, listen to the accent, obviously.

Just kidding, fred. Hope you can make it. (The refunds alone would bankrupt both me and paul...eek!)

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2014 01:14 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
P>S> if you are from Arizona and don't show your citizenship will be rescinded and deportation to the Muslim country of your choice.

Jesus, that's a lot of pressure, Paul. If I don't have a preferred Muslim country, who picks for me?

Actually I was happy to see that a determination had been made. My freezer should be full of elk meat, and will do my level best to be there.

PS. Fred, the weather in that AO will be wonderful at that time, and I will happily transport you to and from Sky Harbor, and reserve you a rack in my trailer.

[ September 02, 2014, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: jimanaz ]

Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2014 01:20 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Right, the best thing about it is that we have a date and a location and now is when we hear about the problems these decisions have created.

As far as Paul's comments, I couldn't agree more. And, I thank him for hosting this little ronde. The more the merrier, and I would be tickled to death to see a whole bunch of these guys show up.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

KaBloomR
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2014 04:38 PM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
No problems here. Submitted my leave request this a.m. and had it approved. Is it okay to show up a day early, Paul? I want to scare everything away before the festivities kick off. Can't make the hunting too easy for these seasoned ol' warhorses.....

--------------------
"It always gets a helluva lot worse before it gets any better"

Posts: 302 | From: Utah | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2014 06:12 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
In the past, arrival and departures have been very casual. Myself, I have many times arrived on Wednesday, some Thursday and the rest drift in sometime on Friday.

As far as Paul's little camp, he will have to chime in as to when he plans on showing up and if there could be access to the property before he gets there?

At worst, you could sleep at his gate until he rolls in, if you are a bit early. I think the bottom line is, this is a very low key, laid back ronde with very few expectations and requirements.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS what's up, Paulze?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2014 03:35 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I will be there on Wed. as usual waiting for some guy from Mo. to show up at my door holding a bobcat saying anybody know how to skin this. lol

edit to add Koko just make it to Mesa and you can go up with me. Bring Victor with you.

[ September 03, 2014, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Fur_n_Dirt
So. Ariz. Zone Tech. Expert
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2014 06:19 AM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice area up there! I'd like to go, even if it's just to lower the age average .. :-)

Seriously, we'll see .. Wife and kids don't always line up with my coyote hunting..

--------------------
--- It's all simple if you know what you are doing ---

Posts: 437 | From: Tucson | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2014 07:08 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys but count me out. October is full for me. Going to Ohio for two weeks starting the 1st to the 15th. I have one week to get ready for our time share on lake powell.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1926 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2014 10:48 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I will be there on Wed. as usual waiting for some guy from Mo. to show up at my door holding a bobcat saying anybody know how to skin this. lol

You have a good memory Paul. [Smile]

The new hospital I am working on just went into extra Overtime next week, going to be a crazy few months ahead. Now I am hoping I can get some time off.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2014 02:59 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you can make it Dan looking forward to seeing you.

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 13, 2014 01:33 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Paul;
Any chance that you'll have a few bales stacked up ?? If so, I'll bring my bow & some pointy sticks and we can do some shooting.

Negotiations with the supervisor for time off continue, as in "Now in this photo that you don't want your wife to see, you and the `lady` can clearly be seen.........."

[Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 13, 2014 04:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Roop, I sorta thought you were retired about as long as myself? Ten years, since this past June. Never had an interest in a "job" since, the burn out was terminal, and I took to it like a duck to water.

Hope you can make it. The grudge match is in abeyance 'til then and thee.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 13, 2014 08:47 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I was one of the 6.5 million who lost their health care because of o bama. Now working to cover insurance. (and possibly buy the land next to me)

The `Grudge Match` with handguns ??
I've already won that...............it's just a matter of putting the holes in the proper place on the target.

[Big Grin]

What do you have in mind ??
Paper plate hits at 20 yards ??

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2014 03:02 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Koko
I do have bales and marker stone at 15 25 35 and 45 yards but I need to move them they ended up behind the Quonset when it was erected and have not yet been relocated. I want to make a 3-d course but got sidelined with the illness and still have much to do. There is also a horse shoe pit for folks that don't fling sticks. I don't have the room I had before so no shooting bench yet as a proper back stop has not been built. but I have lots of chairs and much shade under the trees for those that drink beer and tell lies.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2014 08:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
koko, they have this thing called Medicare, & take the premium out of your social security check.

I retired at 62 and had to pay a huge Cobra premium until I turned 65. Yeah, I don't know how I did it either? S'posed to be 18 months, but I got a "do over", worked out perfect. Huge raise turning 65, and Medicare, but now the Democrats are chiseling away at the premiums.

I never realized how much of a shiftless bum I was? I am, now. You'd think I was a minority, or something?

You know, I decided, mid morning that I was fed up, and that was it. The day before, quitting was the farthest thing from my mind. Wife looked a little pale when I told her, but that was it.

Next morning, made a phone call, I was retired. Permanently. But, I didn't get around to cleaning out my shit for another six months!

You know, Higgins told me once that he will never retire. I really can't understand that attitude?

Okay, end of rant.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2014 09:52 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I never realized how much of a shiftless bum I was? I am, now. You'd think I was a minority, or something?
Of course this was after supporting yourself and your family, and paying taxes and such into the system for probably 40+ years? [Smile]

edited for spelling

[ September 14, 2014, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2014 01:12 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, yeah. A good citizen, veteran, hail fellow, well met, raised a family without a nickel's worth of public assistance. So, I call it BURN OUT. Just got tired of the fucking rat race.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters