The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Politics forum   » Current appeasement efforts, next, Reparations?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Current appeasement efforts, next, Reparations?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted May 20, 2017 12:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have long pondered the Bloody American Civil War. Was the issue of the day, State's Rights? Was it the stacked deck in congress, the South could never win a vote. Can a state freely join the Union, but never succeed? Or, the current bullshit, ask why a million white Americans died to free the slaves?

We need a few adults down in New Orleans.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447824/new-orleans-confederate-monuments-robert-e-lee-memory-hole

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2017 02:11 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect that those monuments are going to end up being publicly displayed on private property.

New Orleans ????
Isn't that where the crooked contractors bought off the corrupt politicians and built really crappy levees, then blamed President Bush when they failed ??

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2017 05:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, of course. That's the way of life in Big Easy.

But, to reiterate, why are we fed the bullshit that this monumental struggle, this slaughter, was to free the black man from slavery? Maybe there were more basic, and more important issues than slavery? Not that slavery was good, but Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation referred only to SOUTHERN SLAVES, not any held by Yankees. This is true.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters