The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Politics forum   » If you want to know Kommiefornia, read this

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If you want to know Kommiefornia, read this
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted January 03, 2017 01:57 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/443466/california-madness-hypocritical-coastal-elites-soak-middle-class

Within the article, you will find me, contemplating an escape.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31463 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2017 03:26 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Well written article but having lived in Calif. for more than 30 years before my escape, I can assure all that it's even worse than the article alludes to.
I return only to visit family.
I think that the decline started when cruising Van Nuys Blvd. was banned.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7581 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2017 04:00 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I think they still cruise Whittier Blvd in Pico, Montebello, and east L.A. but that's hispanic so it's allowed under the dual enforcement political system.

Then, there's the circus going down Sunset Blvd. every weekend. So I'm told? For tourists, not to be missed.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2017 05:55 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
lol Tulare...thats where Im at. But yeah, spot fucking on article.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3918

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2017 07:15 AM      Profile for www           Edit/Delete Post 
Damn glad to be gone from California. I hated to leave,but could no longer stomach the politics,taxes and illegal criminals.
Posts: 191 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2017 12:16 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I do not regret one moment, left 24 years ago I do miss the eastern sierra I must go from time to time to visit my wife's family I get nauseous approaching the border I own a few wheel guns that may still be legal there but that about all.
Leonard you forgot to mention the freak shows on Venice beach and Santa Monica blvd.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2017 12:18 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
And KOKO long before cruising Van Nuys Blvd there was Sepulveda Blvd. and Oscars long before Bobs Big Boy ! those were the days huh !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2017 01:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
About a year ago, I took a lady to Venice Beach just for the dramatic effect. Total disappointment, it was chilly and windy and the freak show failed to materialize.

The thing not to be missed is the chain saw juggler. He does about a 25 minute stand up routine with jokes and "maybe" 5 minutes of juggling the chain saw.

All the inline skaters are very talented and almost amazing. The fenced in area for the weightlifters seems a little Gay, but whatever?

The sales booths, souvenir stands? What can I say? Don't expect any bargains. Parking always a challenge.

But, at least you can check the box on your bucket list.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2017 02:57 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Paul;
Last time I was on Sepulveda there were more hookers than stop-lights.
Most were ugly. Some were butt-ugly. Had to wash my eyes out with bleach when I got home.

[Eek!]

Edit; I gotta admit that I could stand a Tommy Burger about now. So greasy we used to call them 'edible enemas'.

[Eek!] [Eek!]

[ January 04, 2017, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7581 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2017 05:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you named a good one! I only thought there was the one on Rampart, where you reach into an old fashioned water chilled tub for a bottle of Orange Crush, Grape soda or Dr Pepper and you eat on a shelf against the back wall. It's the sloppiest Chili/CheeseBurger you will ever eat, too! But you will also be rubbing elbows with Ballplayers after the game from Dodger Stadium.

And, now, there is a Tommy's not more than a couple miles from here. Never been there, but I will soon.

Also, The Hat serves a Pastrami sandwich, pickles, mustard w/yellow peppers that you can easily make another sandwich with what falls out while eating it. Not exaggerating.There are two of them, one right here in Upland and another in Rancho but the original The Hat is in Alhambra.

You know, Stan's Drive In in Five Points, El Monte is where the original event took place that was recreated in American Graffiti where pranksters chained the axle on a cop car to a steel post.

Of course, we invented street racing, back in the mid 50's like what you see on Street Outlaws, in Oklahoma City. All trends begin in California. They say it's also only 12 hours by jet to Tokyo. All fashions started in Hollywood are popular in Tokyo the next day. Nip teens are slaves to the SoCal culture.

And, so it goes

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2017 12:36 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately there have been and still are a lot of Californians invading Oregon. I remember when left Barstow and was headed to catch the ferry to Alaska in Seattle. There was a sign right at the southern Oregon border that said, "WELCOME TO OREGON, NOW GO HOME"

I moved here from Washington state but I'd lived here before. When I was at the post office getting a box the postmaster was giving me a ration of shit because he thought I'd moved here from California. When I told him I was coming here from Alaska via Washington to get married I added he should mind his own business.

California was still Reagan country when I left. I can't believe what the Democrats have done to the state.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2017 04:10 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
"Done to the State?"

To their mind, they have improved it. A Virtual Liberal paradise.

They don't get it, Moe. Now, after Fairy Jerry, it looks like more Liberals? Maybe Gavon Newsome or Kimpala Something, but I haven't noticed a prominent Republican in a long time, at least on the State level. We have a few in Congress but that's it.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: what the fuck's wrong with me? I should get the hell out!

edit: you know what a buddy of mine did? He rolled up to that offensive Welcome sign and pushed it over, broke two 4X4's doing it. Couldn't hardly tell me about it, he was laughing so hard! Who said a grill guard isn't handy once in a while?

edit: Oregon is one of the last places I would move to, BTW.

[ January 07, 2017, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2017 05:11 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Oregon isn't the problem; it's the entire I-5 Corridor from San Diego to Seattle.
Bulldoze that into the ocean and the left coast would be a pretty awesome place to live.

How is it that the liberals wring their hands worrying about everybody's 'rights' until I don't have any ?????

[Confused]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2017 03:53 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No. Actually, I believe Oregonians have an attitude problem. They are unnecessarily rude to California plates, they will flip you off while you are minding your own business in the slow lane. They are particularly offended that kalifornians pay too much for property, thereby driving housing out of reach of the locals. Go figure, on that one?

Fact is, hardly none are what you might call civil to out of staters.

Of course, we gat that damned near wherever we go, Arizona is no exception.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2017 04:17 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
I am shocked to say the least that you,Leonard, of all people find it hard to believe.
When asked where I moved from the locals here were very glad to hear I wasn't from California.
I might have been asked to join them at the BBQ over yonder hill.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted January 10, 2017 06:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yah, that's all I'm good for; I shock everybody without even trying. When I leave, it will be under the witness protection program. Nobody has to know that I'm an ignorant, bleeding heart Liberal from The Land of the Fruits and the Nuts.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2017 07:28 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

When I lived in Los Angles, I learned early when out of state to claim that I was from 'Reseda'.
When asked where the Hell Reseda was, I truthfully replied " 'bout 90 miles south of Bakersfield".
At that time Buck Owens owned the whole place & it seemed to help.

Hee-Haw !!!!!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2017 09:36 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Without even knowing that, I always found that claiming to be from UPLAND has the same effect. And, nobody knows where it is?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2017 06:20 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
What angered a lot of Oregonians was that California real estate prices were highly inflated and when people sold their California land and came here they found they could buy up an 80 acre farm with a hill on it and build a mansion. I could easily take you on a 30 minute drive from my home and show you what I mean. BTW, farm land was broken up into large parcels by the government and it can't easily be broken up for subdivisions,etc. At any rate those people skewed local property values which priced a lot of people out of the market. I've seen the same thing happen in Vermont and New Hampshire when I worked back east. Back there people were fleeing to those states when Massachusetts prices reached into the millions and taxes were raised along with it. Little towns in New Hampshire saw subdivisions going in left and right placing a burden on schools, police and fire departments. And those people weren't spending their money on the town because there was no place to spend it.

I had Alaska money when I moved here and that even pissed off the Californian transplants. lol

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2017 06:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
See? That pretty much proves what I'm saying. Oregonians beyond redemption, the native population are all granola chewing assholes.

And, the trees. Somebody tell them they are overdoing it with the fucking trees!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2017 01:26 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the G-ville Carson area a bunch of years ago in Nevada. Moe is right, you could get a nice home with maybe some land for 35 grand . Within a year or so that same place was going for 75-1000 grand and to listen to the Fagafornians laugh about how stupid Nevadans were for selling out so cheap. Only the wealthy can afford it now and the poor working class nigger is up shit creek finding anything he or her could afford.Hell, even in Eastern Nevada where I did call home they bought up all the decent stuff and raised the prices of dumps to that of a 4 bedroom nice home just a few years before. And did I mention fences and signs barring anyone from hunting in areas that had been open for a hundred years before the arrival of the enlightened ones.. And they wondered why we pretty much dispised them.They do ruin everything they come in contact with making it "Just like back "Home".

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2017 01:28 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL 75-100 not 1000. I guess I should proof read my crap.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted January 13, 2017 05:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I have to say, the corridor along 95 through Gardnerville is a pretty nice area. I poked around there a couple years ago, prices were within reason, from my perspective, at least. Yes, it gets cold, being right butted up to the Sierra's, but survivable. I didn't get to the point of gathering info on taxes and utilities, but I suppose they are tolerable?

Anyway, I have family in the Reno area and get up there once in a while. Every time I drive it, I am impressed by the whole area from Carson City to Reno/Sparks. I haven't crossed it off the list.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters