The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Politics forum   » Some cheer for the holidays

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Some cheer for the holidays
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted December 16, 2014 02:53 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/394701/epitaph-hope-and-change-victor-davis-hanson

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 16, 2014 02:57 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
More proof that this country is controlled by idiots

Democrat Controlled Senate Approves Confirmed Moron as Surgeon General

The Senate on Monday approved President Obama’s nomination of Dr. Vivek Murthy to serve as U.S. surgeon general, despite opposition from Republicans and some Democrats over his support for gun control and past statements that gun violence is a public health issue.

Murthy, 37, a physician at Boston’s Brigham and Women’s Hospital and instructor at Harvard Medical School, won confirmation on a vote of 51-43. He’s a co-founder of Doctors for America, a group that has pushed for affordable health care and supports Obama’s health care law.

Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., said most of Murthy’s career has been spent as an activist focused on gun control and other political issues, rather than on treating patients. “Americans don’t want a surgeon general who might use this position of trust to promote his own personal campaign against the Second Amendment of the Constitution,” Barrasso said.

Supporters said Murthy is well-qualified and noted his promise not to use the position as a bully pulpit for gun control. [Because Liberals always keep their promises]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2014 09:33 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I really don't know what to say to the article other than 'Amen'.

Saw on O'Reilly last night that Mr. O and his family have cost the taxpayers upwards of $20 Million for their vacations...this as they are getting ready to head to Hawaii for another 17 day junket.

I am hopeful we can survive another 2 years.

[ December 17, 2014, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
BangPop
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3876

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2014 08:54 PM      Profile for BangPop           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't post here often but I am compelled to put one up right here. If there is one thing in this screwed up world that I believe in it's the ability of the greatest nation on earth to survive in spite of shitty leaders. We are stressed to the breaking point now with that POS in the White House, but we will survive. It's going to take a long time to unwind the damage he's done, but I have faith in the good people in this land.
Posts: 28 | From: Gallatin Gateway, Montana | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2014 07:49 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
That's what they were saying in Rome in 476 A.D. too.

I fear for the future my grandchildren face.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters