The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Politics forum   » Where's the U.N. ??????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where's the U.N. ??????
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2014 08:50 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
All that I see from the talking heads on the news lately is about America dealing with the muslim infestation of the Middle East.
Isn't the United Nations supposed to be the world's peacekeeper ????
Where the Hell are they ??
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

[Confused]

Edit 4 content.

[ October 24, 2014, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7593 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2014 08:10 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, when I was a kid, I used to see a billboard, (I don't even know where it was?) along the hi way that said "Get Us Out Of The UN". I didn't understand it because everybody knows what a good purpose the United Nation's stands for, right?

But, since the late 40's, this organization has become dominated by left wing and strongly anti-American sentiments. I understand we pay almost a quarter of their budget and host their headquarters in New York. I think the Diplomatic Corps has run up simple parking tickets to the tune of tens of millions of dollars, an example of how they regard this country.

Never mind that all of our friends (that we give huge foreign aid) vote against our interests over 80% of the time....that's our "friends" while our enemies never vote our way. AND, OBAMA THINKS THIS IS A GREAT INSTITUTION !

The UN is corrupt, they are left wing political and I see no value in participation? Get us out of the UN! Suspend Foreign Aid and only give it to those countries that are truly our friends.That would cut the list drastically.

Really, it's exactly like welfare and we all know how successful The Great Society has been the last 50 years. Makes no sense, stop foreign aid except to Israel and get the hell out of the UN. That bill board when I was a kid is so true!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31495 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2014 08:44 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember those billboards;
`Get us out of the U.N. and get the U.N. out of the U.S.`

So......what have they done for me lately ???
How hard is it for any and all countries to understand that islam is a cancer on the entire planet ??

[Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7593 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2014 10:33 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting you bring that up. I am realizing now how much the UN used the public school system here in the US. Back when I started 1st grade in ’67, the teacher would hand out little ‘Trick or Treat for UNICEF’ boxes during Halloween week…they kind of looked like little Chinese take-out boxes.

Us kids were supposed to ask for money when we were trick or treating, then turn it in to the teacher and the money would be pooled for the whole school and then sent in.

I just remember that when my dad saw this, he was livid…he said in no uncertain terms that I would not be asking for money for the ‘Gawdamn UN’…this continued up until I hit junior high. I was petrified I would get in trouble for not turning in money, but I was more afraid of my dad. The teacher never did say anything when I didn’t bring any money forward.

Don’t know if the schools still do this or not.
I also remember doing 1 year of Model UN when we were 8th graders in junior high…was 75% of our social studies grade. Interesting how they made something seem so important then and have it be so noxious now…

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters