The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Politics forum   » The republic of the founders for whom Jay spoke did not give a fig for diversity.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The republic of the founders for whom Jay spoke did not give a fig for diversity.
Frank
CAN START A FIRE WITH A BUCK KNIFE AND A ROCK
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2014 07:15 PM      Profile for Frank   Author's Homepage   Email Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
The real issue: Will America remain one nation, or are we are on the road to Balkanization and the breakup of America into ethnic enclaves? For, as Ronald Reagan said, a nation that cannot control its borders isn’t really a nation anymore.

In Federalist No. 2, John Jay wrote, “Providence has been pleased to give this one connected country to one united people – a people descended from the same ancestors, speaking the same language, professing the same religion, attached to the same principles of government, very similar in their manners and customs. … ”

He called Americans a “band of brethren, united to each other by the strongest ties.” The republic of the founders for whom Jay spoke did not give a fig for diversity. They cherished our unity, commonality and sameness of ancestry, culture, faith and traditions.

We were not a nation of immigrants in 1789.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/america-no-longer-1-nation-1-people/#259qGDiCBQtgDxPu.99

--------------------
"Truth is no prostitute, that throws herself away upon those who do not desire her; she is rather so coy a beauty that he who sacrifices everything to her cannot even then be sure of her favor".

Posts: 644 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted July 16, 2014 04:56 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
I see you just cut and pasted those comments out of Patrick J. Buchanan’s column this morning…

I like ‘ol PJB, but I disagree with him on one point…unless the founders were all direct descendants of the native American tribes, we WERE a nation of immigrants in 1789.

I am only a 2nd generation American on my mother’s side, and a 3rd generation from my father’s. My parents could not speak English when they started school in the late 20’s…they had to learn it. My grandmother emigrated from Russia with her family when she was 6, and still spoke broken English when she died in ’85. While our family retained all of our Volga German-Russian customs and traditions, we are unabashedly patriotic and 100% American.

The US is a nation of immigrants, and while it is very important to retain customs and traditions from a person’s past, it is necessary to speak English and assimilate to the American culture.

Teddy Roosevelt hit it on the head in 1907 when he said this:

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

[ July 16, 2014, 04:59 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 16, 2014 09:12 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Teddy had it right. Fuck this; "No American Flag Tee shirts on Cinco de Mayo." (edit: school administration)

Good hunting. El Bee

[ July 16, 2014, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31372 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 16, 2014 12:43 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose that wearing a French Flag t-shirt on Cinco De Mayo would likewise be unacceptable. (Not that anyone would catch on, the teaching of history these days being what it is.)

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7537 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 16, 2014 02:56 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, right. It's just like confusing the North Viet Nam flag with the State of Arizona. Well, they both have stars. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31372 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters