The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Night forum   » Thermal Scope (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Thermal Scope
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2020 11:41 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
If one shoots a bow right handed, the bow is held with the left hand and drawn with the right, the aiming done with the right eye. Normal t-shirts with the pocket on the left can cause the string to hang up on anything in the pocket.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2020 02:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I see. Thank you! And I was thinking something like breaking your thumb in the right hand pocket at full draw. Now, I can see what you mean! I have to write my congressman! Something needs to be done before somebody gets seriously hurt!

Watch this space!

LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2020 03:39 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Archery is actually a very safe sport that can be enjoyed by the whole family from Grampa to Grandson. Women-folk, too. Entry level expense isn't too bad.
Golfers on the other hand are always getting hit by lightening with their metal clubs and oversized umbrellas. I won't even get into the expenses or golfers getting hit in the faces with other men's balls. Terrible. [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted November 14, 2020 03:19 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought we weren't going to disparage the Gay lifestyle?

edit: I'll explain my crude joke because I doubt anybody could figure out getting slammed in the face with testicles....even though I suppose that dreamy hunk Anderson Cooper french kisses his husband with his eyes closed. But, who cares? Right?

edit: excuse me, I'm having election withdrawal

[ November 14, 2020, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2020 06:25 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe 20 minutes of watching the news total since the election meltdown. What have I missed ????

I tried to think on who Anderson Cooper would think about with his eyes closed when he's with his 'husband' but the best I could come up with was an old twisted truck driver joke. [Eek!]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2020 01:33 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Stay tuned to this space because "he who shall not be named" has purchased a high dollar thermal scope. We will anxiously await reports!

El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2021 11:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been meaning to mention that "He who shall not be named" bought himself a midrange $ thermal scope and has been hunting alone and sitting in the cold for hours, but he has managed to kill some coyotes with his scope on a rifle and a tripod.

To tell you the truth, I think that he might be having at least as much success as conventional red spotlighting but with a partner.

In other words, if you want to cough up a couple grand to kill coyotes, it looks like a thermal scope is one solution.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters