The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Outdoor Expo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Outdoor Expo
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2024 06:28 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Made the drive over to Phoenix to go to the Outdoor Expo & visit with some friends. The poppies and wildflowers were in bloom covering the hillsides on the way. Very pretty. Phoenix, not so much.
The Expo was well worthwhile. Got a fishing tackle reg clarified for me by Game & Fish, saw a bunch of neat stuff and chatted with a bunch of neat peoples. Even met our own Az native at the caller's table. Said 'Hi' to the Trappers and got some information about a hog hunting operation in Northern Az. Wish that we could have spent more time there but had to keep moving.
Only in Az ........ The drive there; flowers. The drive home; snow. An area between Phoenix and Globe is called Top Of The World. Beautiful scenery with boulders and cactus. Even more beautiful with snow covering everything. Sadly, most people just drive thru trying to see how fast they can make the dotted lines on the road go by.
Looking forward to next year.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2024 09:25 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, my grandson and family is visiting from Fountain Colorado for the Easter break. Aaron said they ran into quite a blizzard, I think he said around Gallop/Winslow and clear to Seiligman it was bad conditions. All I said to that was been there, done that.

Good hunting. El Bee

Actually, we had a bit of Hail, here, yesterday!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2024 11:44 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Koko you buy anything?

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5062 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2024 02:29 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Yeah; At the Phoenix Callers table I looked their display over and innocently asked "Does this REALLY work???" They assured me that it did and even showed me phone photos of coyotes taken. I was duly impressed and bought one of their Jr. Crit-R-Calls for $7.00. When I blew a rabbit squall and then a lone howl they figured out that I was pulling their legs. Before I could show off with a cow call and an elk bugle (damn versatile little call) Az native who was there hit me up with "Hey, aren't you Kokopelli ???"
The call was the only thing that I bought but a gal beat me to the full bodied skunk mount at the Game & Fish auction. I did get info on a hog hunt in Northern Az. so that's probably gonna cost me some $$$ [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2024 03:15 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
yes, agree pretty good call, I have one on my lanyard. You want a full body skunk I can send you one, but you need to keep it in the freezer? [Eek!] [Big Grin]

edit to add. Scented or unscented?

[ March 25, 2024, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2024 04:25 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll pass on the freezer skunk. [Eek!]
The G&F auction usually has a LOT of mounts at decent prices. At the right price the skunk would have been a neat novelty mount and great for some gag photo ops. [Big Grin]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2024 04:43 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Just tie a string to frozen skunk then tie off to someone car door handle. plenty of photo opps there.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2024 03:16 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking mount it on a R/C truck frame. [Big Grin]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2024 03:20 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
there you go. [Razz]

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters