The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » There is a scam going on that uses the name Hornady

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: There is a scam going on that uses the name Hornady
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2024 05:40 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Someone was trying to scam me. I logged into my one credit card that I use all the time. I rarely pay interest because I pay it off every month unless I’m on a long road trip.
It turns out Hornady twice yesterday charged me $1.09. I clicked on both hits and it said games. I called Hornady, and the sales department look up the last time I had any dealings with them, and it was some warranty parts that were free in 2003.

Then it got interesting. The lady started telling me that this has happened before. Somehow a business with a firearm type name somehow are hitting peoples account making it look like it was Hornady.

I believe the two $1.09 purchases where just feelers.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2024 07:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
If that is a caution about things to come, I'm in big trouble.

What is the theory concerning the ONE credit card plan? Is it to accumulate some kind of points or cash back like at Costco?

I have a lot of credit cards. Is that something that will hurt me? I seriously don't know if I'm doing it wrong?

However, I certainly agree with paying off a balance every month. Nothing wrong with that.

But this reminds me of something recently. I have one card with a 7.9% interest and I have dedicated it to a family member that needs help. But, only a couple weeks ago, (this is a AAA Visa card) I was informed that they decided to raise my rate to 10%.

I'm not complaining very loud when there are cards that are charging 29% and this is for people that don't pay off their cards. That's an insane number, to keep a balance! How can they do it and get away with it? There used to be something called "usury, or usury" laws? I vaguely remember that a state like maybe Utah has a law that puts a limit on interest charges. I wonder if that is still the case?

But, 34% interest on a fucking credit card is criminal!

I need to have a talk with this family member about floating them on my card and instead try a legit bank loan, instead. I'm not even sure it's legal to raise the interest rate on an existing balance?

And, by the way, I am not very interested in cards that charge a $500 annual fee but you get air miles. You must be traveling a lot more than I am? But I can see it for upgrades and access to the VIP lounge, although I have heard you can buy your way into the VIP lounge at check in.

I wasn't intending to hijack your topic, sorry!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2024 06:16 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
I have other cards, most of which are in the file cabinet. I use the costco card because we get annual rebates. One year it was almost $700.

I put this out there so other members need to be aware of how they are switching the merchant name to Hornady.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2024 12:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Gulp! Damn! You are a real Costco Buddy! I just got my, (what's it called) certificate to take down and redeem and it's $61, and change. You buy a lot of shit from Costco! One year, I missed the deadline for cashing in their certificate and I found out, there is no exceptions, if you don't cash it in by the deadline, it's just too bad. I don't remember what it is but am sure it's several months.

I can say this much about shopping at Costco. Their quantities are a problem for a man that lives alone. Whatever it is, it's spoiled before I can consume it. I bought some of that film for food preserving, must buy two rolls, and I'm just starting on roll #2, the first roll took me 4 years to consume. Same thing with the trash bag liners. I am pretty sure I've only used half, one roll in 5 years, and just started on the second roll of trash bag liners. That's some long term purchasing!

But when you have things like $1.49 for a bunch of bananas, that's one of the best buys in town. So is the foot long hotdog and a soda for $1.50. Seriously, I can't eat the whole hotdog but it's still a bargain. It's mystifying why they stopped selling the Polish dog, which was even better.

That's a question that nobody has ever explained. Why they changed from American Express to Citi Bank? I don't remember why I didn't keep the American Express card, maybe they wanted an annual fee? IDK? But I remember that Citi Bank gave me a higher limit than American express? Maybe because I don't bother providing income information, I forget? Nobody would issue me a credit card if they knew my actual meager income.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it
Good hunting. El Bee

[ March 05, 2024, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters