The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » How bad?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How bad?
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2024 12:28 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Is the rain down there LB?

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2024 12:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Right now, threatening!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2024 01:21 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Wondering how much is going to wash out?
As in trash, animals and mud.
Hang on!
Actually you can keep as much as you want.
Just glad I'm not on the AZ strip.
Spent 7 straight days in a tent with 11" of rain in that time. Moved the truck in camp and went to the axle. I think that truck still had red dirt falling out of it when we sold it. [Big Grin]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2024 03:05 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
No snow or rain here, we hi and dry. temps in the 40's during the day and in 30's at night. been getting high humidity and fog most every night out calling. I have to start wearing sunscreen as I'm getting moon burned from being out every night. LOL

Good news is my old group i use to hunt with can't get out and hunt due to no snow for spotting coyotes or for dogs to track in. LOL Just more for me.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5063 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2024 06:41 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
I just looked at Accuweather and it looks like we will be getting an inch of rain starting Tuesday. I hope the western slopes of the Rocky Mountains are getting a ton of snow so Lake Powell and Mead can get refilled.

Earthwalker. I love the Arizona strip country. If it isn't deer season up there, the Strip is one of the few places where you can feel totally alone.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2024 08:33 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
C'mon rain !!!!
Could it be ........ that our decades long drought is at long last coming to an end ?????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 13 posted February 05, 2024 02:00 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
IT'S BEEN RAINING HERE SINCE YESTERDAY

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2024 03:47 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Weird wind.
I have a wind sock that I can see out past the patio from the dining room table. Past couple of days steady from the east to west at 8 to 12 mph. At the same time the clouds are moving right along from west to east. Just the opposite.

Send the rain this way.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2024 05:06 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Had a quarter inch of snow yesterday morning. All melted off by noon.

It's snowing like a banshee right now and close to an inch on the ground. At least these snow storms have moisture in the snow this year.

Our weather peeps can not get the weather conditions right for this area. They always miss it temps and storm wise.

Suppose to start raining this afternoon.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted February 06, 2024 09:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Raining here, pretty steady, no cloudbursts but this is like day 3 and supposed to continue through Thursday. I'm good on provisions but I have to go to the airport and pick up my daughter around noon. She will be visiting for only 5 days. Tillie is always glad to see her, she will sleep upstairs with her, and for two days after she leaves, she will run up there to see if she came back. Otherwise, she never goes up there, and neither do I. It's strictly motel accommodations for visitors. Most of the two story homes around here, for some reason builders figured people wanted the master bedroom upstairs, but I'm glad mine's not.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2024 09:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Fuck!

The Hair on Fire Idiots are claiming this storm is a 1,000 year event, and PROOF OF CLIMATE CHANGE!

The idiots just never give up!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2024 10:12 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
3" of snow still falling like real lite rain type except it's whiteish.
Heavy wet type stuff that won't push or plow or scrap well.

--------------------

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2024 12:15 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
still struggling with this heat wave with 52 temp.s. Think I saw some cactus sprouting up in a field.
With global warming and such maybe Minn. will be the new AZ. and cali and AZ will become rain forests.
Been tempted to take tracks off my side-by-side and use it for night calling as its pretty tuff as it is to hide the pickup.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2024 02:04 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey El Bee;
The next time that you run into somebody with their hair on fire, point out to them in all seriousness that Climate Change / Global Warming is a GIFT FROM GAWD that will allow for longer produce growing seasons, migrant employment, increased crop yields to support the Vegan lifestyle and an abundance to help feed the homeless. Surely, they're not against helping the homeless ???? [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

Send rain.

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2024 04:58 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Soon you guys be living in the ice age, you been living under that sun for too long.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2024 06:47 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope ........... Not for a long time. Ice ages come & go just like seasons only on a much longer scale. The last one ended aprox. 40,000 years ago and we've been warming up ever since. News flash for Algore; we're going to keep on warming until the next ice age starts. Pretty sure that we've got a while yet.

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2024 02:42 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
well don't be in a hurry to unpack your summer shorts yet .

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2024 03:37 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
It has been snowing for 24 hours now. We got 3" yesterday then the snow stopped adding up and just came down. The roads bared up as did our driveway in spots.

We now have 4" or so on the ground on top of yesterdays snow.
At least my yard is covered and not drying out and burning from the cold.

Fire season is being pushed back. The way it was looking just a couple of days ago it looked like we'd start in May or June with fire season. Hopefully it won't start until the end of July.

So glad I have a tractor with a front end bucket on it.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2024 10:32 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I kinda don't agree with that, comment, EW. At least for here, excessive rain means super weed and brush growth and that is the fuel when it dries in August.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2024 01:29 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I understand what you are saying with the fine fuels. It's the 100 hr to 1,000 hour fuels that will soak up moisture and actually keep the forest fires small until they dry out.

Now the fine fuels and 10 hr fuels will go fast with all the moisture.

40 years wild land fire. [Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters