The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Did I read it right?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did I read it right?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted February 01, 2024 12:25 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
We can now ship ammo to The People's Republik?

I heard it from Wilson Combat, I hope there's no strings attached?

About fucking time!

edit: I bet nobody cares? They are all jealous because my property increases in value a million dollars every year!

[ February 01, 2024, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2024 02:36 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry ............... I see NOTHING to be jealous of from Calif.
Just sadness at the way what was once the dream in the early 70s be perverted by politicians as in the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Property goes up a million a year ??? Yeah, and it can go down just as fast.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2024 04:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, I want you to know, your sympathy does not go unnoticed! And, appreciated! Thank you!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2024 05:09 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
It's just a tragedy when you think on it. Hard to describe but Calif. used to be ALIVE. There was a vibe and a sense of energy in the air. There was honest work to be had and opportunity to improve ones' circumstances.
Now it's all about being a victim & how is the Government going to take care of them. Punish the successful with higher & higher taxes until they flee leaving larger & larger homeless camps.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2024 10:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The climate is still OK.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2024 11:31 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Calif's mono-climate is 'OK'. Easy to plan outdoor events. Consistently pretty much the same.

From my patio the sunrise is the twinkle in God's left eye and the sunset the twinkle in his right. The snow covered mountain in between is clearly God's smiling face. Our Monsoon Season is without a doubt the Gods showing off with lightening.
Most people never see it ....... because they refuse to look.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2024 02:37 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Arizona heat lightning is marvelous, and Monsoons are almost enjoyable.

I have a LIFETIME OF REGRETS THAT I NEVER PULLED UP STAKES AND MOVED MY SORRY ASS TO THE SUNSHINE STATE!

So, is that clear?
Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2024 03:25 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, sometimes you just have to pee with the pecker you're born with. I was 'lucky' in a way. The Northridge quake moved me out of Calif. & leaving Wash. was a no brainer.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 03, 2024 07:42 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, God's Country! The Suicide Capital, The State of Washington! I understand their summers are two weeks long, beginning July 1. After that it's sunshine therapy with those special lamps. My brother,

(and everybody else up there says;)
"but it's so GREEN!"

Yeah, so is Ireland! I flew over it on a POLAR flight from Europe. Captain says: That dense cloud formation out the right side and below is The Emerald Isle, Ireland. Completely blanketed with low and heavy cloud cover. But, it's so GREEN!

I don't get it? I prefer sunshine!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 03, 2024 08:19 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
They have a medically recognized condition up there called 'SAD' ....... Seasonally Affected Disorder from lack of seeing the sun for months on end.

The timber companies, to their credit, allow hunting for the most part on their lands. This means that you can spend those two to six weeks of summer scouting for archery deer and then find everything locked down the first of Sept. for Fire Closure. By rifle season everything is usually open again.

I could never get into the 'blue sky tarp' camping concept but will admit that the locals know their wool clothing and Chantrele (sp?) Mushrooms.

I've never regretted leaving.

BTW; Whither Krusty ?????

--------------------

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 03, 2024 09:32 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I think my property value has doubled if not tripled, does me little good if I don't ever sell it, money just go to kids when I die. LOL. Oh, and let's not forget about the taxes as well!. Wish the value would have stayed where it was at when I first built my house and same for taxes. We have a cure here for the no sun syndrome. Some of the farmers just go to AZ. or Texas to spend their winters. [Big Grin]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5063 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 03, 2024 03:09 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok ......... Since Tim brought it up; Soapbox lecture to follow.

My wife & I have begun the process of a 'Will'. What we thought was to be a pretty simple document is now all cover your azz legal stuff with a lot of different options not the least of which are the tax considerations to transfer our modest 'estate' across state lines to our daughter.
Since we had gotten a heads up about charlatans and scam artists working this field we are going thru a real attorney that specializes in estate planning. A wee bit more spendy but when it's done and done right ......... one less thing on our minds and one less thing that needs to be taken care of.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 03, 2024 03:48 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I already got a Trust, two inches thick and looks like a Road Atlas! I haven't really read past the first page, but my attorney assures me that it states what I want and who gets what. I went with the $1,500 version.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 03, 2024 03:50 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
i made out a do it yourself will. just made my son beneficiary of my stuff, its all legal like. some things also have both our names on it so no one can touch that as well. Just fill out paperwork and get it notarized.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5063 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2024 11:36 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's all well and good, Tim.

My granddaughter, one of them belonging to my daughter, is doing quite well, has a Masters in her field and lives with her boyfriend and they are saving to buy a house in Long Beach, where they are presently renting.

Long winded, to give you a snapshot. But boyfriend Andy's father died quite suddenly almost 4 years ago now, and he just gained access to his fathers estate, and they had a homemade document probably like what you have. Even so, at least here, he couldn't get access to his dad's banking without going through probate and it's as grindingly slow process like everybody says it is. Yeah, he just got a few months ago and the reason I know is at Christmas, they showed up in a new Subaru, and while both of them have pretty new vehicles, he had to blow some of his dad's money on something he really didn't need.

Anyway, my attorney assures me that my daughter, as executor has access to my banking and she's on the title of my property. Her older brother is a bit miffed that his little sister will be handling his inheritance, but he's damned near sixty years old and ain't completely grown up, just like the rest of us. Females are so much more practicable and sensible. I can tell you this much, as you get up there in years, the best fucking insurance policy available is a daughter!

My wife took care of her mother as she slipped into a Joe Biden condition. Her three brothers were useless when she sought advice for mom's care. They listened to all the options that Nanc had spelled out and then, every one of them, in the end said words to the effect: "well, okay do what you think is best1" which was no help at all! Sure, the boys would pay for stuff, but they never did any of the groundwork.

And that's what will happen, Tim. Your son will not change your diapers, but your daughter might at least make sure that drool is sopped up that make you look like an idiot. There's no substitute for a daughter when you need help. That's what I think. So good luck with your plan.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters