The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » A couple of bitches

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A couple of bitches
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2024 10:15 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
This may seem uncalled for, because I have never fired a fucking Glock. All these newbe's that have not fired any gun except a Glock, they start giving their opinion, because they don't know shit. They say, I do not want a safety on my gun, Why? Because I might forget! That response drives me nuts!

I know I'm old school; Cocked and Locked. But how the hell is the presence of a safety a negative? And, somebody is going to forget to take it off, before banging away with 17 shots, and then what? This is their training, just you know, keep your finger off the trigger until the Moment of truth!

I had another that was eating at me but I forgot, so next time.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS don't forget, I don't like the AR platform for coyotes; eat my shorts! like the You Tube guy says!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2024 01:49 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Your a dinosaur my friend, the Glock platform long ago surpassed the heavy steel auto pistols with exposed hammers and multiple safeties ( thumb/grip).
A polymer framed, striker fired, high capacity semiautomatic pistol is here, and has a solid foothold in Law enforcement, military and civilian applications. It's the better platform, with its packability, capacity, lighter carry, ease of function, ease of training.
I love my SA 1911, slick, accurate with every feature I used to have to drop 4-5 hundred bucks to the gunsmith to make a plain jane 1911 shootable. When I carry a full size pistol around, it sure isn't the 1911, heavy sonofabitch!
The Glock does have a safety Leonard, it's a trigger safety, little toggle mounted on face of the trigger, which will not allow the trigger to be fully engaged until the trigger finger depresses it.

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2024 02:00 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, I know all that, Victor. Including being a dinosaur.

However, just for debate or whatever you call opinion, I own a M&P and a XP9. Except for the fact that the Shield is in 40S&W, the XP is a really nice shooting gun. edit: and has a nice grip safety!

I'm not completely ignorant on Glocks, but if I ever get one, it will be a tricked out Shadow Systems 9.

Tell me I'm a dinosaur. I just HATE Glock!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: and, in spite of that slick trigger safety on the Glock, I believe it is responsible for by far the most accidental discharges!

edit: PS
Yes, 45ACP is a heavy son of a bitch. It doesn't seem to be a good choice for a female....I'm just saying!

[ February 01, 2024, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dan
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4563

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2024 03:18 PM      Profile for Dan   Email Dan         Edit/Delete Post 
I like striker fired pistols. And, Ram diesel trucks, just don't like Coke, I drink Pepsi.
Posts: 41 | From: AZ | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2024 05:01 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
edit: and, in spite of that slick trigger safety on the Glock, I believe it is responsible for by far the most accidental discharges!
Yep Leonard U-Tube shows alot of that. Cops shooting self in leg, foot or at another officer as they pull dam thing out of the holster.

I like the Berretta in 22 L.r. with option of putting a silencer on as well and can safely shoot it with gloves on as well.. Oh! military uses them as well so they must be a good thing.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5062 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2024 05:59 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Military dropped the M9 Beretta, it was labeled as being notoriously unreliable for close quarters combat. All have gone to the Sig M17 and M18, with a few branches utilizing the custom modified 1911 for special forces use.
The users finger, not a safety or trigger is responsible for negligent discharges. It is absolutely impossible for a striker fired pistol to discharge without the trigger safety being depressed and the finger moving the trigger take up to the sear let off. Striker fired pistols, which Glock is but one of many, are probably the least susceptible to negligent discharge of the various other single and double action hammer fired pistols.

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2024 06:54 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Can we get Alec Baldwin to weigh in on this ???? [Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2024 09:40 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
They dropped it cause it wouldn't fit in small hands when using the 15/17 round mag. and military also wanted something dumb proof for when training new recruits. Thats thing with military when I was also in everything had to be as simple as you can get when it came to weapons. Fewer parts when disassembled and reassembled. Military stopped buying them, but they are still used today. And probably be back when the military renews its next contract. If not, so what don't mean they a bad product.

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2024 09:54 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Kind of a funny thing about our military back in Koren war and ww-2 most of the troops looked down the end of their barrel when they shot at the enemy.

Then during Vietnam era and up to today the troops just hold gun over their heads and pull the trigger. I see it all the time in the war vid.s reminds me of today's coyote hunters that just spray and pray. LOL
Close quarters fighting must just be a seal thing never see or hear much about that type of fighting.
Things must have changed on use of handguns as well not many carried them cept guys working in armory, inside buildings, Machine gunner and helper, radioman and special opps teams, medics ect.

[ February 14, 2024, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2024 10:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Victor, forgive me but I agree with TA

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2024 11:23 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Leonard but I'm waiting to hear from Alec Baldwin on the subject.

I admit I'm not much into pistols but when I got my concealed to carry permit, I went down to gun store and looked at everything they had. Glocks , colts you name it.
I ended up with the Berretta. It felt good and balanced in my hands, was easy to bring it up and get quick site picture. Could fire it if I was wearing gloves and could keep a round in chamber with hammer down and safety off if I wanted. It carried well in shoulder holster. At the range it shot well and was reliable or I would of taken it back. I don't plan to shoot thousand rounds through it or go out and look for a gun fight but have it there in case. Also have a Ruger wheel gun works just fine for what I do with it and that's dispatch coyotes on a bay up and can swap out cylinders on it if I want to go to 22 mag. but I don't shoot it as well as the Berretta. I carried a S&W in the service and one year doing law-enforcement and never liked it but that's all the military/city had at the time.
Now the Rem. XP-100 I loved that pistol so much I had two of them in 221 f.b. for hunting fox with and few coyotes bedded down for the day. Taking fox at 200 yards with a XP-100 was a real hoot.
I can also see the need for you guys that live in a high crime area to have or get the best there is but I don't live in a place like that. Think I'd move farther north if I did. LOL

Anyone ever wear a gilly suite? How safe is a pistol if all you had was the trigger to rely on?

--------------------

Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2024 09:31 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
If you worry about shooting your foot with a Glock, you could do the Israeli carry thing.

The "hold gun over their heads and pull the trigger" is the new version of covering fire. It does work to a certain degree. But I see your point.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters