The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » This is an event!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This is an event!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2024 09:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I sit on stand, knowing that at one time there were Jaguars in the border states. The last one killed in California was in 1946, or some time in the 40's and it was around Palm Springs, believe it or not.

https://www.aol.com/news/holy-grail-big-cats-spotted-130007825.html

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2024 09:37 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, totally cool !!1
I just hope that Game & Fish doesn't study this one to death like they did 'Macho B'. The understanding that I have is that they tranquilized it one too many times and it died.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2024 09:46 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I 'googled' Macho B.
What a total cluster fuk by everyone involved.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2024 10:24 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
they should of just let Leonard kill it then he could tell us a bedtime story about the hunt.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5063 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2024 11:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I know all about that particular clusterfuck. I also am familiar with the (and I will murder the spelling, no doubt) Babaquavaiq Mountains, which is where the big telescope is on top of the mountain that the dome of which can be seen over much of the reservation. You can go up there, there is a park for picnicking during the day but it's closed at night because any stray light interferes with celestial observation. However, I know what happens when they put up the barrier for going to the summit. See, after dark, the scientists start going up to use the optical scope and they just go around and drive up the down side then cross over to the right side for the rest of the drive to the top. That mountain range is loaded with wildlife! It is on Papago land donated to the sky research and I think there are two telescopes, not sure? But, the lights from Tucson bother the viewing in the eastern direction, but due south, in Sonora, there is nothing except Hermosillo and that's probably 75 miles south? Anyway, further down the mountain is where they captured that cat and somehow mistreated it and it died, big coverup!

Yeah, that is really virgin territory, I don't know exactly, it's maybe 20 miles from Sells, the Capital of the Tohono Oʼodham , I can't spell it, so call it by the old name, the Papago Reservation. They were just fine with the name until someone mentioned that the word meant "Bean Eaters" and implied that those Indians were stinky flautists, (farts a lot) and they began a quest for a more dignified name for the tribe. I will say this, having hunted on several reservations in Nevada, Arizona and New Mexico: In my opinion, Navajo women are quite attractive, Apache, not bad either, but Papago squaws are....I only remember meeting one who was an attractive woman. Most of them are 200/250 pounders, with particularly unattractive features. They gather around the road close to the Bashas market selling food, and this one I kinda hit on and bought a cheeseburger from her, (she didn't actually live on the res, she told me) but anyway, she was a looker and they are few and far between on that reservation.

Tell you the truth, I love it down there, it's quite a country! You can tell who are running drugs, they build brick houses. So I've been told? It's not as big as the Navajo, but I've been all over it, top to bottom and east to west. The only slightly better coyote hunting is in Baja and Sonora. It's really a predator hunting paradise; so I've been told.

Anyway, that's it!
Oh, and coatimundis, damn can't spell that, either? but that's another jackpot on stand.

[ January 12, 2024, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters