The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Question?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2023 07:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a serious movement presently, pushing for banning AR's?

I saw something today, and wonder if I just haven't been paying attention, or what?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2023 02:45 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Short answer; Yes.
Longer answer; This is by the same mind-set of the people that think the clerk who beat the shoplifter with a stick was 'excessive'.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7577 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2023 06:15 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but we hold a majority in the house. These evil people want to tax guns and ammo to death while every federal agency is buying machine guns and millions of bullets. The list is Very extensive and Shocking:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_agencies_in_the_United_States

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2023 08:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
But getting back to the reason for my question. I watched a video yesterday and the gist was that the prices of AR's has gone way down and we should buy them now and grandfather them before they are all banned. Huh?

In the first place, what is called an AR in The People's Republik is a piece of shit not worth owning. They are highly modified, lacking such things as pistol grips, bayonet lugs, silencers, a front handle of some kind, removable magazines and lots of other things that scares Liberals.

So, they have completely emasculated the AR15 platform here and what they sell to get around the restrictions and laws is something with a slight physical resemblance to your mental picture of what an AR looks like but the function is deliberately modified with the motive to make them practically worthless....unless you have some burning desire to own a cheap imitation of an Assault Rifle, then buy one, but be warned that they do not function like everybody thinks they do.

So move if you can because buying what they call an AR15 in California is a very sick joke. Now, why on earth would anybody want an AR15 is beyond me? I've never had the urge.

What I would do is find a used Winchester Model 100 or maybe a Mini 14; although the way that Mini 14 cycles is so distracting, chunk-pause-klunk which is slow and distracting and etc etc. but it barely qualifies as Semi-Auto, so whatever you need that advantage for, it qualifies, barely.

Remington used to make a deer rifle that was semi-auto and it used to be called a Model 760, I think? Either that or the Model 100 is a get around the stigma of the scary assault rifle, but the problem is the magazine capacity, maybe 3 or 4 rounds. Oh yeah, Browning used to or still does make a semi auto and I'm drawing a blank on the model #? Same thing, no 10 or 20 round "clip".

So, the application, if they ban AR15's, is self defense. Otherwise, I never had a strong or even semi hard-on for that stuff, but you know, if there be riots in the streets and they have outlawed and banned and confiscated guns useful for civil insurrection, then go with Plan B.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 13 posted August 18, 2023 07:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Everybody seems to busy to post anymore? You will be sorry when I shut this shit down!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted August 18, 2023 09:26 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
You know how busy I am. I am retired after all.
Banning firearms of any kind is the agenda. One piece at a time, regulated out of exsistance, taxed out of our budget on and on. A disarmed people are a totally controlled people, Been proven throughout history. I can't help but think that if it wasn't for our 2nd amendment rights we would have become marxist/commies or whatever you want to call the dark side of the world a long time ago. But it is going to happen because China, russia,n.korea, iraq etc. hate us and want what we have but want it for free without fighting for it. No guns and the commies that control the U.S. government will run roughshod all over us and a vast majority of us will be in concentration camps as political prisoners working for free.
As for AR's.. they are the most popular gun in America right now and probably will be for a long time. I don't own one personally as I really don't have a need at all for one and enjoy my single shots and bolt guns too much. But they can be made to be extremely accurate and the cartridges they can handle are way to numerous to count.
And the guys I took out calling sure seemed to love making excuses for why they missed ol Wiley for a whole magazines worth of ammo as it raced out of sight.
But they love their ar platform rifles that they can hang 20 lbs of tactical crap from. Yeah an Ar that weighs more than my 45-120 Sharps. Hard to believe.
But it brings up the age old question of is a .223 really better than my .17 Rem. or my 22-250 on coyotes???
So, enough of my rambling on and on. You all have a great day.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 18, 2023 08:34 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Walt! You are a true friend, fan and a good looking fella, to boot!

Wow! and no AR's, too! Hard to believe? I got one, by the way....Oh! I just got it! Walt must have lost all of his black assault rifles in a tragic boating accident! Well, shit happens, and it's damned unfortunate!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2023 04:13 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Got a R15 in .204 would love to sell.
24 pints of salsa made canned and put up yesterday.
Finally cooling off and feel like getting out and doing something.

I don't follow all the BS that is on the news and the rest of the world. It makes me mad and upset and that isn't good for anyones health.

I'm not doing much so not much to talk about, too worried about wild fires and the impact smoke has on me anymore.

There and that is that. [Big Grin]

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2023 06:12 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Get em while you can....president robert l peter's ,wants to ban them all!
Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2023 07:03 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Im one of those that don't watch the news, could care less what everyone in the country is doing or not doing. AR's had a few and still have one but could live happy without one also. The country been flooded with them even with a ban a guy could still find one if he wanted. On a good note my bank called and said they forgot to close one of the wife's savings accounts and gave me what was in it last week. Then Monday morning lady in company office calls me at work and says company forgot to pay me my perdium for 2 years and sent me a check this week. Im happy as far as money goes.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2023 11:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting stuff. I believe TA owns a "Valkarie" which is a super oddball chambering in an AR15 and then Earthwalker has a 204, also a rather odd chambering? I would guess that 95% of all AR15's are chambered in some version of the 5.56 NATO round? It wasn't too long ago that I learned that a 223 and a 5.56X(is it 45?) I really don't know? But, it must have something to do with the neck length? The dies I have, I have not looked at them in years and I can't honestly say if the box says 5.56 or 223Remington? I know that all, 100% of my handloads are from scavenged range brass and all of it has military headstamps. I sorted all that brass and loaded them with various match bullets in .224" which is the only 22 caliber bullets I have ever bought....no factory seconds for this kid; no "blems'.

So, anyway, I never even bought any factory brass or loaded cartridges, everything I have ever shot in my Colt AR A1 is military brass and commercial match BULLETS from Speer, Hornady or Sierra. A little bit oddball, I know. But who gives a shit?

So, I do not know the barrel stamp on my AR? I could dig it out, but not right now, sorry. MY safe, it has to be loaded or stacked very carefully, in order to get everything in there, and I'm pretty sure, it's never the same, just carefully fir what fits where it goes. The problem is ....well shotguns too but some of these heavy barreled target type rifles (let's face it) they take up a lot of room. And I don't even have a dehumidifier, but our weather is pretty dry in southern California.

That'a another thing! I have been hearing about the dreaded Hillary approaching! We are supposed to get tropical storms and winds and rain, not sure when, but it looks like Upland will be right in the middle of the path. Good thing I have all those solar panels covering my shingles, maybe I won't lose any? Should be an interesting couple of days when it gets here but I don't know when? I should probably get to the store before the rain, I'm out of half and half for my coffee, for one thing. I wish I was organized, I have never shopped with a damned list, and consequently, I always forget something that I need. My plan is to roll the isles and look around, and it involves a lot of IMPULSE BUYING, which everybody cautions against, but that's my plan, to use twice as much time as necessary, and bring it all home and let Tillie sniff all the bags to see if there is treats in there. And always, things I forget to get and those things are what I am out of. So, pay attention, if you want to learn how to shop like a freaking morroon.

Another thing I'm a little peeved about is the Maui fires! I skipped a chance to go with my daughter and the whole gang to their timeshare last year. Hard to believe that another year has passed and I haven't heard a damned thing about the Maui timeshare, except it's on Kaunapauli and not exactly that close to Lahaina. But, they better not be planning this shit without me, this year! If I didn't have such a hard on for Arizona, my next favorite place in the whole friggin' world is Hawaii, and specifically, Maui. They always bicker about favorite islands, and Maui is always up there, but you know what? Oahu is just about as good as it gets, and I can easily spend a whole Vaca on Oahu and not be disappointed, in the least.

I need to check into this a little deeper, that fucking Biden lockdown really screwed up Hawaii vacations, needlessly, I might add!

Anyway, (where's kp ko?)
Good hunting. El Bee

[ August 24, 2023, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted August 23, 2023 08:08 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard: The summer time is a busy time for everyone.  That is when most of us take vacations with our children and grandkids.  I've noticed the drop of attendance at our PVCI meetings, and PVCI'S governing board has trouble having a quorum with so many people vacationing.  I mention this because you shouldn't use summer time attendance with so many people vacationing when you make that fateful decision.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2023 04:41 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Vacationing???? With jobs at an all-time high along with high wages and sign on bonuses. Vacation can wait till winter.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters