The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Hello? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Hello?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted May 01, 2023 06:29 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
anybody out there?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31258 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dan
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4563

Icon 1 posted May 01, 2023 06:40 PM      Profile for Dan   Email Dan         Edit/Delete Post 
Me
Posts: 36 | From: AZ | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 01, 2023 08:32 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Safford reporting in.

Been working on applying the Yarkovsky Effect to my newly designed solar powered arrows.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7476 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted May 01, 2023 10:37 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, who's game for 3 man Pickleball?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2023 03:05 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope ........... Not into pickling men. [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7476 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2023 03:44 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Still around. Been brewing beer since I don't drink any Tranny Fluid anymore. Got 5.5 gal. of stout almost ready to bottle. AB got me to drag out all my old homebrew stuff and I am enjoying that again.

--------------------
Idiocracy. Started as a comedy and is now a documentary about the U.S.

Posts: 621 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2023 03:48 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Any of you here brew your own?

--------------------
Idiocracy. Started as a comedy and is now a documentary about the U.S.

Posts: 621 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2023 05:04 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Not much of a beer drinker but I've been known to make my own Mead in the past.
Now that I'm thinking on it I just may start another batch. Should be ready about this fall. Game meat and homemade Mead. Life's simple pleasures !!! [Smile]

--------------------

Member # 3918

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2023 05:15 AM      Profile for www           Edit/Delete Post 
Still around.Grandkids playing ball, graduation, doctor appointments and bloodletting.
SOS

Posts: 190 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted May 02, 2023 08:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
My dad made homebrew. There was, maybe still there like a hardware store called Dooly's in Long Beach was the only place to get a capper and bottles and the rest of the stuff. This was potent stuff, around 12% and 2 beers would get you loopy. Occasionally, one would blow up out in the garage.

When they sold the house and bought the boat, lots of stuff had to go, including that crock; must have been 40 gallons? When it got right down to it, they were giving stuff away, there's just so much room on a 41 foot cabin cruiser.

But, the beer was just a hobby, a novelty and frankly, a lot of trouble. At least to me, it was. But, I would help him drink it; least I could do.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2023 04:09 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
Just finished digging out from under 3 feet of fresh snow.

Don't brew beer, but making vino for years.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 390 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted May 05, 2023 05:18 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Im back to work but around weekends. for small fee I chime in from time to time. and no pickles.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 4845 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2023 02:40 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
been out riding the Harley

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted May 09, 2023 11:05 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
DanS has death wish!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2023 09:14 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
 -
 -
 -

[ May 10, 2023, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2023 09:19 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
They are a lot of fun. Actually thinking of taking the trip out west, grand canyon, Mt Rushmore, Jackson hole, maybe even run up the PCH.
 -

--------------------

Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2023 05:18 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
Ultras are comfy. I ride a low rider.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 401 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2023 04:42 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Semp, been wanting to get another addition. Keep 2 bikes. Maybe another Fatboy or softtail. Been looking at a Heritage. Those Lowrider ST's are high on the want list.

I traded in an Ultra Limited for the Road Glide Limited. Been wanting to get back down to the Smokies before it gets really hot. Love riding the parkway ans such. Usually stay at Pigeon Forge, or Maggie Valley.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2023 10:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a near disaster when I was in my twenties that made me rethink the whole concept and never had any kind of an urge since. Almost everybody has had some road burns that removes layers of skin and I'm told the healing is the more painful part. And those are the lucky ones that manage to not break any bones.

One night, we were heading out of town with the Las Vegas crowd, and the traffic was bad. For some reason, this guy on a chopper of some kind came up along side of us and I was riding shotgun, couldn't figure out what was bothering the guy? We were in the slow lane. So, he was trying to chew us out about something and all I have ever been able to determine was that it had to be a case of mistaken identity. Anyway, he's right next to me and I'm leaning away because I perceived that he was trying to spit in the window? Anyway, he tried to kick the door of the truck with his left foot and completely lost control and skidded, and I just had a view with the side mirror, but it looked like the bike came down on top of him. We shrugged and kept up with traffic and he rolled off in a cloud of dust; but I did see him get up. You could say we should have stopped but who knows what would have happened at that point? WE both felt that it was better to not know what was bothering him? That happened somewhere in the mid 70's and I've always wondered what the hell was the problem? I have benefitted in knowing that kicking the door of a pickup at 40 MPH is risky without somebody to do the steering.

All I know is that motorcycles can be dangerous and cars do not look out for bikers and bikers need to know this and be defensive because, sooner or later, you will most likely go down, wear leather and don't ride the line and make sure your insurance is paid up! That's all I got; enjoy your machine until your luck runs out!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2023 01:12 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
LB, The only wreck I remember being in sort of was on I-5 somewhere around Camp Pendleton, Oceanside or San Clemente?. Seems the Cal Trans where doing some sand blasting on a bridge. I and my Buddy both wiped out when we hit that sand.

Traffic was slow, typical CA traffic, neither of us got hurt.

--------------------

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2023 01:14 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
You are right, people just don't see us. Then again I have people pull out in front of my 1/2 ton Chevy truck also.

Funny, they can see that little 3x5 card on a post that says "Garage Sale".

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2023 02:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have somebody open a door on me as a weekly occurrence, then they usually give me an eye for swerving and/or braking. Clueless.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS I was rear-ended by an active duty Marine a few years ago, on a crotch rocket. Traffic had suddenly stopped on the transition from the I-10 east to the I-15 south, and this is a regular occurrence, especially as this was the day before the 4th of July. He hit my rear bumper glancing and both rider and bike separated and went by me on the shoulder by more than 20 feet? He wore all the gear and wasn't hurt but the bike was wrecked. So I pulled over and stayed with him while we called 911 for a tow truck. I offered to take him to Pendleton but he rode with the tow truck. But, the interesting thing was all the dirty looks I got while traffic inched by. They obviously thought I creamed the poor guy on the bike! Especially since the wrecked bike was in front of my truck! But, his insurance paid for the damages.

[ May 20, 2023, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2023 03:50 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
No beer brewing here but a cousin wife drains water from birch trees and drinks it. its really good for you and takes care of a few body organs to cleans them and a hand full of vitamins oh by the way work going great a got 6 miles of concrete and blacktop removed. next step is a regrade.

[ May 20, 2023, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2023 04:11 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim;
Drag you crew down here to Safford. We have a street being 'repaved' by the city of Safford for about a year. Standard issue city street; two lanes each way & a center turn lane. Curbs are being poured. About a mile in length.
After about a year of traffic nightmare the city turned the whole mess over to an outfit out of Show-Low Az. about a couple of hundred miles to the North. They brought crew & equipment in about a year ago and it's still not finished.
Shit's gitten old. [Frown]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2023 06:52 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
One of my ex bosses lives in AZ and 3-4 other guys have winter homes there as well. I don't place blacktop or concrete just remove it and re-grade the road bed.

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters