The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Digital Currency coming soon

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Digital Currency coming soon
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2023 07:54 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
This youtub/Tucker link is about how the South Dakota legislature passed a bill wanting to convert South Dakota's banks to digital currency. Luckily, the Governor, Kristi Noemk, vetoed it.  I cannot believe South Dakota's Republican controlled  legislature passed this bill.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVfRzWlmiXg

The link below is the reason why we should be worried:
https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/599768-biden-is-planning-a-new-digital-currency-heres-why-you-should-be-very-worried/

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2023 07:05 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
Most likely none of them read the bill.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2023 12:23 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Quite a few people use Bit-coin, which can be good and bad as well. Need to watch out for the fake Bit-coin that's out there as well as the Hackers who try to get into your account!

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2023 10:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
TA, define "quite a few people" a little more precisely, if you don't mind?

For my money, it sounds like a Lunatic Plan. I will point out that the American Dollar is the world's standard, everybody recognizes it and everybody accepts it. If you want to test the validity of my statement, convert a hundred dollars to Yuan and try to buy a Happy Meal, or just reconvert it tomorrow for dollars and see what it cost you for those transactions?

Anyway, the next time you get the urge to invest in bitcoin, buy gold.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2023 10:52 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Buy gold ............ Or primers. [Razz]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2023 03:43 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard probably half of China and many of the younger generation here in the states deal with Bitcoin. Some of the gas stations even have a cash machine available. Bitcoin and or other spin off of it invests your money with a very high return if the dam market is up like it should be. I believe you can invest for 3 months, 6 months and a year with a year paying out the most if the investments are made right. I'm not into it but have heard alot of good things about it and I believe you can get a bigger return than what's out there even gold. You get with a broker for it and he or she will put you in a group with others, so the pool is bigger and thus a higher return. Thats about all I know about it, if someone was interested, they should do a little research on it and see if it's for them. Also from what I was told minimum investment is 1500.00 dollars which by end of a year can turn into 50-100,000 if the market is working. Thats all I know on it.
And yes Koko primers and any other reloading stuff would be my next choice. [Cool]

[ March 14, 2023, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2023 06:14 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of decades ago there was this 'thing' called 'derivatives' that all of the money managers in the know were buying. They were a really convoluted investment formula that NOBODY really understood. When times were good, they were REALLY good. Then the bubble burst and a few cities went bankrupt.
First rule of investing ........... If it sounds too good to be true ...... [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2023 10:44 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm same way here Koko that's why I never bothered to mess with it.
I chatted with friend a little more tonight on it and the majority of people in the states that use it are the upper class as well as their kids. One of the things the brokers do is if enough in a group with good capital they will buy out companies very cheap and then flip them. They then turn around and sell everything and this is where your profit comes from. Say for example Remington is going broke but yet have a warehouse full of guns they can't move fast enough for the company to make a profit or gain for the year due to poor economy. Remington gets bought out cheap and then everything in warehouse is sold at a profit as well as all the equipment in the factory. That is one version of how it works, and the rest is over my head. LOL Not everyone has 1500.00 in the pocket they want to take a chance with. LOL I've been happy with my 401K so I'm going to stick with that for now! Oh another thing the company may not sell its name but just the inventory/assets and then turn around and start back up again and try to do things little different, so they don't end up digging another hole. start from scratch if you will. I think it's called making money off of someone else's misfortunes.
If you have watched the series "Yellow stone" that's another good example.

[ March 14, 2023, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2023 07:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
None of the above?

Derivatives? or how about what the fuck are Debentures?

Oh, and can you still make a killing on Avon collectables? Pokemon! There are so many ways to double your money!

I'm getting 2% on gas, and 3% on groceries and 5% on something, from Costco. I'm pretty sure I haven't scored on that, yet? But when I do, I will splurge on a Shamrock Shake in honor of St Patrick's Day, which is coming up on Friday.

Meanwhile, I still need corned beef, potatoes, carrots and cabbage, Costco maybe today? It's in honor of my dearly departed wife but I won't mention that to my new flame, Carolyn; she's the jealous type. Phyllis ain't so bad, and neither is Patti, but Judy in Phoenix has lost interest. Pretty much good riddance!

Now, who's on first? That's right, Tillie's my girl!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2023 11:08 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Beanie Babies !!!!! That's where the REAL investment potential lies !!!! [Razz]

Gold is good but you can't eat it and it won't hold an edge. [Roll Eyes]

I can make a pretty good argument for a monetary system based on units of .22 LR. It's a commodity that has real value and can be used to gather food, self defense, plinking entertainment, shooting skill development or hoarding as a hedge against inflation. [Smile] Plus, the logic of the .22 LR monetary system drives liberals absolutely nuts !!
[Big Grin]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2023 12:06 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember one time we had a chat about what if the shit hits the fan in the U.S. and what was everyone going to do. Clever Gary mentioned he had some sort of shelter and had stockpiled all sorts of stuff to make it through for a year at least. I said that's pretty cool but then asked him what he was going to do when someone comes and takes it all away? He said who would try to do such a thing like that? I replied a survivor would. In such a case there are no rules, honor system or trust, just survive. And therefore, I don't believe in stock piling. [Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters