The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » So ........... Is .223 ?? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: So ........... Is .223 ??
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2023 10:23 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The plot thickens! I was looking for it. Gone! She must have snuck it out to her van when I wasn't looking? Now why would she do that? I'm thinking she saw right through my feeble effort to look like I enjoyed it? So, totally crushed, she either took it back home....OR if I look in my trash, I might find it under the dog turds?

All I have to do now is appear greatly disappointed because I was really hungry for some more of her, stick to the ribs, vittles. Careful Bucko! She might eagerly volunteer to whip up another batch, only a little more orangey. How do I get myself into these situations?

Don't say it! The looks are God given, the charm required years of development. The rest is raw talent, <wink> we know what we know, right?

She will be here in less than 4 hours and is quite punctual!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS, what the hell is "The Lion King" that she wants to go see?

edit: Yes

edit: Walt, if you mean a Sage bundle, I'll take it! The Paiute roll it into a fat cigar shape and it brings them good luck or something?

[ February 07, 2023, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2023 10:58 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Sage bundle it is. And I just so happen to have a supply of sagebrush in my model railroad crap and enough of it to do just that. There is no sagebrush here in east Tennessee to harvest. I have some native american friends from out west that have done that for me when my wife passed and this sounds like it may be the ticket for you also. LOL. Good luck you charmer. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2023 10:59 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
This is frustrating to get that blockage notice that makes it double post

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2023 11:01 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I know it!

edit: sometimes it helps to click the X and the re wind, and if you don't know what I mean, don't worry about it, it's not that effective anyway?

[ February 07, 2023, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2023 05:45 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
One has to wonder if El Bee is being wrapped clock-wise or counter clock-wise around her little finger.

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Leonard; package 'should' arrive with Thursday's mail. No matter what one thinks of my ego maniac hero Tred Barta, it's gotta be better watching than the Lion King.

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2023 09:38 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
If you say so....

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 09, 2023 05:53 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, here we are, crying in our beer. No package today. I will have to find something better to do, no Tred Bartha video anywhere? No prob, I'll just have to quit counting on other people when they say something. Know what I mean?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 09, 2023 06:42 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm .......... Post Office said that it would be there today.

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted February 09, 2023 08:50 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Tred Barta.... I had a run-in with him long ago.
Wanted me to take him and his camera crew coyote hunting for his TV show.
Arrogant SOB.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2023 05:43 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
A pity that it didn't work out. He ended up being guided by a rancher / rifle hunter that knew little about setting up for a close range long bow shot.

He was, shall we say, highly self driven.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2023 09:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You have to wonder how that would turn out? The Jay Nistetter method, including walking no more than 50 feet from the truck, and then letting 'em prime up before leaving 'em lay?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2023 10:01 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
That would be one hell of a long stand Leonard depending on what time of year Jay starts to hunt.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2023 08:07 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Tred B contacted me via email about taking a coyote with a long bow.

I thought COOL and saved him in my contacts list.

I responded and said that I was confident I could put a coyote in front of him, but just the 2 of us. He explained he wanted to bring along 2 highly experienced cameramen.
I asked if they ever called and filmed coyotes before.
He said none, but they knew what they were doing. They have filmed all over North America and Africa.

I pretty much told him that they may think they are highly experienced but they don't know jack about coyotes and that it would be a wasted trip. Period.

After a couple days of back-and-forth he asked if I could recommend anyone who could possibly help him out.

I told him to contact Fred Cronk.

He thanked me and ended his last email by saying "By the way, my name is Tred... not Terd.

I had entered his name wrong in my Contacts list but the name fit so I left it.

Cronk called me a couple days later about his experience with Tred Barta and it went exactly same as mine. Fred turned down the poor ol Terd too.

fixed a stuck key

[ February 11, 2023, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Jay Nistetter ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2023 10:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I should be grateful that nobody thought of me? But it's really hard to predict events on a coyote hunting trip.

I will say that what sticks in my mind is adversity, not success, when strolling down Memory Lane.

I remember having nothing better to do that sit 3 abreast in a pickup cab, all night waiting out a blizzard, and yet that morning was "Golden".

I remember another all nighter with a bad alternator in a gas station parking lot, in Raton, NM and in the morning, our breath condensate had covered all the glass with a 1/4" of ice. Nobody in town had parts for any import, so it was up the road into Colorado, where some asshole misdiagnosed the problem WAS NOT a loose fan belt!

Yes, and the time we had to scoop two tracks of slippery silt that crossed the road for at least a 1/4 mile, it was probably 3 " thick, a runoff from a cloudburst while we were up on the mesa.

Another time spent in a one gas station berg in Nevada, while I hitchhiked 150 miles to Reno and back, and with a wheel bearing that would not fit, it was a Timkin #30208. I'll never forget that adventure, or how we finally solved it.

I ragged on my partner for not having a damned lug wrench, and waited while he hiked to a distant house. Then, he came back with a 4 way lug wrench that the man just gave to him for free....and that left me with nothing to bitch about!

There was the time we really really got into the coyotes way up north on a contest and had decided to save time by just stacking them on a tailgate at half mast. This was because we hardly had room to turn around in the bed, stepping on bagged coyotes every where. And, in the morning we still had 22 and knew for sure that at least 3 or 4 had fell off on that bumpy road. But, it was still the best Nevada hunt we ever had!

So, that was a success, but many of the memories involve things like flat tires and running out of gas at a gate that should have been open but caused us to backtrack 50 miles to get to pavement. That event caused us to pack a set of large bolt cutters, which proved useful several times. As a courtesy, we would snap a link in the chain instead of the man's lock, but BLM is not supposed to be padlocked, I don't care what you think of people that don't close a gate behind them. Anyway, gas is hard enough to find in the middle of the night, we have waited until morning many times.

A short trip down Memory Lane.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2023 05:54 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, back then you were less tolerant than I was.
Would have been interesting reading from your viewpoint though.

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters