The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » ATTN Jay: The new and crappy pistol brace rulling

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ATTN Jay: The new and crappy pistol brace rulling
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2023 08:09 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
The ATF pistol brace rule has been released and I would use January 13th as the start date so we have 120 days thereafter to comply. In the attached youtube video they explain the important points of this rule and provide different options. The older gentleman on the right side is a 2nd amendment constitutional lawyer and is President of Washing Gun Law. The younger gentleman on the left side is a class three dealer. The ATF has done away with Form 4999 and just wrote the Form 4999 rules into the Federal Register with a few things changed and a few things added. If you have one of these pistols you really need to watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWR1bN-KNSk

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2023 10:20 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry. I don't own one. I think they are cute, maybe has a place for home defense but other than that, I'm not rushing out and getting one, and maybe it's too late? However, I don't see why ATF has their panty's in a wad over it? When it comes to home defense, would I rather have a pump shotgun stacked behind the door, or grab my braced mini AR hanging on a hook?

Now, as to the video. The first thing that struck me; WTF, this guy is thumbing through a 3 ring notebook! Where did he ever find that antique?

Second, bored me to death and quit after 5 minutes when I noticed the video is almost an hour long. Bye Bye! But thanks!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted January 20, 2023 06:21 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Been following this pretty close.
Braces have been legal for 10+ years and now the ATF is giving 120 days "Amnesty" to avoid the $200 tax stamp for registering as an NFA item.
Amnesty??? Like everyone has been criminals for 10 years and now needs to turn themselves in? Real criminals are laughing their asses off.
Registering as an SBR creates a whole basket full of restrictions.
Will just change out the barrel on mine with a 16" bbl.
Mine is just a subsonic feral hog gun anyhoo. But loads of fun only because it's something different but for a serious hunting rig it's pretty useless. Fun none-the-less.
The ATF logic is puzzling if not just plain stupid on this. Law Enforcement seems to think there's a bona fide need for them to have them.
No doubt they wouldn't accept my Hog Enforcement argument.

PS. I'd gladly sell it to the ATF for FMV so they can destroy it.

[ January 20, 2023, 06:31 AM: Message edited by: Jay Nistetter ]

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters