The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Winter Rains?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Winter Rains?
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2023 05:20 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Any one in sunny Calif being hit hard by all this moisture?

Have friends out of Santa Rosa and it looks like they are getting hammered.

Some of this moisture suppose to come up today. But it really comes in starting Sunday up here.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2023 06:52 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Send some over this way !!!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2023 10:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I was up around 7 something and it's been pouring ever since. Tillie doesn't want to get wet. And the friggin' weeds are growing like weeds! I need to get some more Roundup! This is the kind of morning where curling up with a good book sounds like a good idea. You know, being warm and dry and you can hear the rain beating down. In this room, downstairs, it's the only one where I can hear the rain on the roof, the rest of the house I don't hear it because there's an upstairs. I just looked, it won't let up for another 2 1/2 hours.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 6 posted January 05, 2023 01:31 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Love a rainy night when the lightening Lites up the sky, it makes me feel good.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2023 01:47 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Tim;
If you like a good lightening storm (who doesn't??) come on down this way for one of our mid-summer monsoon storms. Something you have to see to believe.
Seriously ......... I've counted 60 flashes in 60 seconds from my patio before.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2023 07:08 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
sounds like it be really electrifying.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2023 09:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes ko ko, I've seen it and know what you are talking about, but he does not! There is nothing like AZ monsoons in Minneesota. They have cyclones though.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2023 01:20 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
We had thunder and lightning last winter, does that count?

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2023 02:22 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
No.
Try and remember that winter storm.
Now, imagine if you will, the Storm Gods out of a Frank Frazetta painting getting together to try and out drink each other and do the 'one up-manship' showing off.
"Hey, watch this" .......... CRASH
"You call that lightening ?? .......CRASH CRASH !
"You guys are punks. THIS is lightening .... CRASH CRASH CRASH !!
"Bah. Hold my Mead and watch this ...... CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH !!!!
Then, set that to Iron Butterfly's Ina-Gadda-Davida, 17 minute version, on the stereo, high volume, heavy on the bass.

THAT'S an Arizona Monsoon lightening storm !!!!

[Cool]

[ January 06, 2023, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2023 06:27 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
And don't even get me started on the sunrise this morning that lit up the snow covered Mt. Graham.

[Cool] [Cool]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2023 09:25 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
First of all; NO. AZ does not have the best sundowns. They occur in New Mexico. AZ does deserve second place, though.

Your description of monsoon doesn't come close. I dunno, it's probably impossible to describe anyway. But mostly distant flashed and the sound is so delayed that you can't associate it because 3 or 4 others from different directions have covered it with flashes of their own.

And no,, Tim. Whatever you got it's plain vanilla thunderstorms; no big deal. Not numerous, and you can easily count between the lightning and the thunder. The thing is, it doesn't light up the sky like in AZ, which I have to admit, the night shows in AZ must be unique; maybe comparable to Northern Lights, which I have seen in extreme northern Canada, and they also are damned near unexplainable, except to say, AWESOME.

Anyway, good hunting.
El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2023 11:27 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
New Mexico sunsets the best ?? Maybe so .....maybe no.
But ...... N.M. being to our East, when the sun sets in the West what N.M. is seeing is the sun setting over Arizona. Clearly N.M. is getting second hand sunsets. Nice to look at but just not original.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2023 05:38 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh brother!

Sure. whatever you say. ( you obviously, have not been there, have you?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2023 04:21 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I seen one of the brightest, yellow sunsets in AZ one winter's eve.

All of your rain came in night fore last and it wasn't the wet fall down. kind.

We got about 4" of that white stuff yesterday. Took over 2 hours of plowing to get the place cleaned out. More coming in starting tomorrow.

Weather peeps can't get this area even close to right. They always say maybe a half inch or less. We've been hit the hardest this year for snow and cold. Have had snow on the ground since first of November and it isn't going anywhere until March. We get some warm temps but it's never long enough to melt and do any good.
We have ice under all this snow right now. My tractor does a lot of sideways sliding while trying to plow.

Our game animals are going to take a big crash again just when we were getting some nice bucks coming back.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2023 05:56 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Just read this thread and couldn't help but to think that every sunset and every sunrise you see is the best there is in all of Gods green and blue earth. Well, so much for being a soapbox preacher eh!
And the thunder storms here in Tennessee are pretty neat also.And rain!!! It does that when it does like 1-5 inches in an hour. 1 more or less the norm with up to 2 on a good one and then the now and then ones between 2-3 and a couple years ago a good 5 incher here. Washed out a lot of driveways and did what they call ponding here which must be southern for flooding. I know our creek on the property got a good foot or more over the banks. And that's about it from here.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters