The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » sceize and desist

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sceize and desist
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted December 19, 2022 11:15 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
This is important and I need everybody's (all 3) cooperation. I had to go into the control panel, and forgot how, but eventually figured it out.

I put a few words on the banned list just so they wouldn't accidentally be uttered by me or anyone.

This is because of requests, not due to misbehavior.

Yes, I got an email threatening legal action if a certain individual's name should ever, (and forever) appear anywhere within these pages.

Yeah, I know. I won't lose any sleep over petty threats, but it's actually a good idea if certain individuals are sort of banished from the ether of HM. So don't even try it, it won't go through. And you will be assessed a fine.

So, don't try to speculate, just drop it down the memory hole.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2022 12:37 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I just thought of something!

Here's the thing. Nobody, no where and no how has ever intimidated me, especially about petty, frivolous and immature threats of lawsuits.

No, threats of this nature makes it glaringly apparent and obvious as to who is unserious, and perhaps, a few bricks short of a load.

Intelligent people do not make silly threats. If they have cause, they seek redress without the bluster and the bullshit.

So, go ahead and sue me, Lightweight. Your move! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2022 06:19 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Question;
Does a screen-name carry the same legal weight as an actual name ???? [Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2022 07:47 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I se what you mean but I think it was stipulated, this and that. It's okay by me anyway, just to quit the silliness. Not to submit to any demand, but it's easy to do, if it will end the tantrums. And, it shows how reasonable I am, inso far as my reasonableness has never been at risk.

In the spirit of the season, I pass the virtual peace pipe. XOXOXO

El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2022 06:25 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, have the turkey out of the freezer, Shelley says it needs 5 days to defrost in the refrigerator, I guess that sounds about right?

Here's something today, I was on You Tube, was trying to get at my Ad Blocker for one site, and somehow, you know how all that Analog, I mean Algorithms bring up what you are interested in, (they think) and somehow it got on to the "Karen" band wagon. Damn, there must be hundreds of topics under the general topic of "Karen"! Karen this and Karen that, and it suddenly struck me. You know what this controversy is all about is that a certain somebody gets very upset over specific topics on HM and has to email me, demanding something, some thing I must do because Karen doesn't like something that is none of "her" damned business.

Anyway, that suddenly seemed to fit the situation.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit" XOXOXOXO Peace and Merry Christmas!

[ December 20, 2022, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2022 11:45 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup. Lots of Karens out there representing all the new pronouns.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2022 01:09 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
FUNNY! That's just what I was thinking! Pronouns?

Jay, you are my go to authority on pronouns. What does it mean, in plain english when somebody says: Her pronouns are they/us '....or some variation?

What the hell are they saying? Is that a non- negotiable demand for the verbiage used when addressing these particular individuals? Like: what if I don't?

If someone makes a statement, is that a polite request or is it a threat of legal action, should I fail to heed the warning? Use it in a sentence so I can get a clue as to what is the problem?

What I get out of it so far is that it pertains to either LGrainbowfreaks or crossdressing or some type of transitioning where they have surgical augmentation of some sort and we cannot be specific for fear of offending someone in an alternate universe. Nod you head if this is so....

So, how did you get all knowed up on these issues and how many of them off themselves if not enough go along with their wants? Or demands, or is it optional?

There's a huge segment that swings that way in Peoria, huh? Look, I'm all for intolerance as much as the next guy, but which is the preferred orifice or does it really matter?

Just the primetime stuff, I do not especially want to know what the subset does in the privacy of the communal steam bath. Unless you have a link?
Thanks, Bud!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: can't we all just get along? I swear, coyote hunters seem to be one of the most maladjusted unmotivated segments this side of the planet Transylvania in the galaxy of Unicornica. (got it?)

[ December 21, 2022, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2022 04:38 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I mean really. I used to kinda dread going to a public range when it was approaching the deer season opener. Kind of that once a year ritual. They seem to want to sight in their '06 or Marlin standing up or sitting on the ground cross legged and I suspect the theory is to sight it from real field shooting attitudes, or something?

Personally, I want to be as comfortable as humanly possible while dialing in my deer slayer. So, I have a concept of deer hunters that ain't very charitable. They are only average shots, do not seem to have a good idea of how to get the best accuracy out of whatever it is that they pulled from the back of the closet and dusted it off. And, lemme see, yeah I still got a half a box of soft points, aught to be enough-only takes one, right?

So, that right there is my stereotype of a deer hunter that at least has some concept that his shootin' iron aught to be sighted in before he heads for the woods opening day.

Of course, duck hunters won't even do that much. any kind of upland game, they aren't seen at public ranges.

Who do you see? Squirrel shooters actually take the time to get dialed in. Predator hunters, maybe? Yeah, they might check it out. Night hunters will, for sure. Near as I can tell, they are the most anal. Guilty as charged.

But, I personally am liable to be at the range just about any time of the year. Even then, I don't really se two many other predator hunters that actually own their own chronograph. Some years ago, before they shut down the San Gabriel Gun Club in Fish canyon, they had a chrono set up where you could test your load for a dollar a shot. I seem to have a vague recollection of taking a shot through their screens once? You know, just to see if my loads were in the ballpark of what the loading manual said they should be. My Ohler 35P is nice to have although I haven't set it up for a couple years. I only use it for initial load testing anyway and I haven't bought a new rifle or barrel in several years. I still have a 22-250Ackley barrel that hasn't been shot, it's threaded for Remington 700. Whatever. least of my worries.

By the way, I'm getting email from people I do not know. I don't know why it is? All my enemies keep saying I have 3 members and yet I'm hearing from people that are definitely reading the Board and like I say, the page views are up there.

Yet I have a few dinks that say things like: "I know for a fact that blah blah blah!" Lots of people are LURKERS, but they read it and fact check everything.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: I just looked and page views are at 290,000 as of today the 21st. That's a lot of page views for the 3 people that post.

edit: I have a couple interesting documents to forward to my buddy who can testify as to my honesty

[ December 21, 2022, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2023 05:54 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been on the plaintiff side of one lawsuit that needed lawyers and the lesson I learned there was to tell anyone who wants to sue me to go ahead and buckle up because my people will be rooting through their panty drawer right back at 'em. Anyone who threatens to sue someone has likely never been on either side of the battle ground. Not something I would want to do to myself.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2023 08:55 PM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
Years ago I was a defendant in a lawsuit by a trespasser on my farm who got hurt. Somehow he thought it was my fault. After the lawyers and the bullshit, I got summary judgment and the case was thrown out. People will sue for any reason or no reason if they think there might be a payday in it.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2023 05:42 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I always thought that "they" and "them" were 3rd person pronouns. So since both ironically contain the word "he" I would assume "shithead" would be acceptable to "them"?

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2023 06:56 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno ....... Since 'shithead' might be heard as 'she-he' one might be better off with using the gender non-specific 'shit for brains'

Personally, I've had it with all of this woke bullshit and have decided to use every politically incorrect word and phrase that I can starting with 'Chinese Fire Drill'.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2023 08:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
....and Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben's and the Cleveland Indians.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2023 12:38 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Let's not leave out the Indian Maiden that used to be on the Land O Lakes butter cartons.

I saw today that the 'OK' sign is RACIST. [Eek!]
The three fingers raised standing for 'W' and the thumb / forefinger / hand & wrist standing for 'P'.
IT MEANS WHITE POWER [Eek!] [Eek!]

Shit's done gone to far. [Mad]

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters