The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Just Pray you never get T-Boned by and electric truck

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just Pray you never get T-Boned by and electric truck
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2022 06:25 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
The weight of a gas powered F150 starts a 4,000 and maxes out at 5700 lbs. Imagine being hit with a 10,000 lb truck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPuo2JArLE

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 17, 2022 09:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, let's hope society, in general comes to their collective senses and realizes that electric vehicles are not a good idea, unless, as I have mentioned before, like in an enclosed space, like a food plant, where you need a electric forklift to move product around, and you do not want to pollute the air with fumes/exhaust from a gas or propane engine.

The penalty of lugging around a several hundred pound, several thousand pound battery is expensive, for several reasons. JUST DO NOT DO IT UNLESS YOU HAVE TO!

Why? Why should I feel the need to point out or explain this fact of life? People are so stupid! If somebody get's on 60 Minutes and raves and promotes a vehicle powered by jelly beans, it might take years to completely suppress and stamp out all misinformation about jelly bean powered vehicles. (getting silly/I apologize)

But then again, when you can get 900 people to drink poisoned Kool aid, anything's possible.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31448 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2023 05:44 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Worse yet, LB, is think about the applications where I live. It's one thing to push EV's in sunny California around urban centers. Imagine the folly of electric semi trucks or ag vehicles? A battery powered tractor pulling a 60-foot wide disc working ground? LOL A big part of the whole EV shit show is to force people out of the rural areas of the country and into cities, just like the ChiComs have been doing for years.

In Kansas right now, we have four counties who have basically turned over their local control to federal entities who want to convert ag ground and livestock producers' rangeland acres into something more tourism oriented. One county actually tried to outlaw barbed wire as a way of forcing cattle producers out of business. National Heritage Areas are how they're doing that. My covid opp group took that on as a sidebar issue and forced our county commissioners to sign a resolution forbidding our county from becoming part of an NHA. Or, I should say, made not signing it an untenable place to be.

If it can happen here, it can happen anywhere.

As a former medic and firefighter, I am terrified by what the fire services is facing. A simple rollover accident or car collision becomes exponentially more dangerous for everyone involved in dealing with rescue and suppression. In my day, it was the new hazards associated with magnesium alloy airbag components and pneumatically charged impact zones in front and rear bumpers that could explode and take the legs right off anyone standing directly in front of or behind a car trying to extinguish a fire. Ever directed a hose stream onto a burning steering console with magnesium parts? Let's just say it's impressive as hell and the fireworks are literally blinding.

Only dumbasses drive EV's. They'll have to pry my F150 from my cold, dead hands.

Speaking of cold, during our recent spat of -30 and then some windchills, I kept seeing the same poor bastards at the local Tesla charging station, day after day after... LOL

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters