The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Bored out of my gourd!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bored out of my gourd!!
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2022 09:40 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I fell 10 days ago while elk hunting on the mountain side. Going up was one fall not too bad. Coming down fell and that one made the new shoulder feel like the wrist sprains we use to get as kids. Nothing really happened and no problems.
Then 2 days later fell/tripped/stepped on the dog and I went down hard. Pant burnt the left knee and bruised it really good. Face planted into the floor hoping not to get bit by the dog. I had my right hand on a stool and it went over onto the floor marking my counter wall at the same time. I couldn't get up was finally able to roll over and butt crawl to a upright stool and slowly crawled up. Shoulder started feeling week and not moving good.

Of course other half went elk hunting. He got home by 1030 and had a calf elk. Just right size to handle by ones self. He ended up calling the clinic and I finally got in by 1530 for an x-ray. They really couldn't tell much. Called the surgeon's office next morning and told them what happened. They called back 2 hours later no fracture to the bone or implants and no dislocation. But I've done soft tissue damage spent 5 days in a sling and have slowly started to use it sparingly and still have sharp pain with certain movements.

Walked for the first time yesterday and it bothered the shoulder a little the hanging and walking movement. But felt good to get outside. Don't know if I can get out to elk hunt next week or not? Guess it's a waiting game and I'll see. I hope I can shoot well enough left handed to get one.

So this has been by last week. Did cook grouse with some stove top stuffing, cranberries and a few other things. By the time I was done and everything washed up the shoulder wasn't happy but it was a nice small good thanksgiving dinner.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1104 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 26, 2022 09:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You are starting to sound like a keeper.

I can relate to the falling. It's getting to be a habit! My favorite is falling in lava. You have no idea how falling in that can cause what I might call secondary damage. Like falling in a bunch of razor blades, only worse!

Good hunting and get better.

El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31336 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 26, 2022 10:49 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Could be worse ........ the Natives could be throwing you into hot lava from the volcano.

BwaaaaHaaaaHaaaaa !!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7511 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters