The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » How long of a barrel is too long? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: How long of a barrel is too long?
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2022 10:14 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7581 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2022 11:52 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Despite Leonards lack of enthusiasm on the long barrel approach ,I think some sort of Rube Goldberg device for the trigger that maybe said coyote would trip himself. You know some Acme Company Road Runner decoy attached to the end of the barrel in which Mr. Coyote bites and somewhat like a coyote getter, gets the coyote. Simple but not too complicated and doesn't interfere with the support wheels attached to the end of the barrel. One does hate to lose the coveted F.P.S. that a long winded barrel provides without the blasphemes resort to the barbaric hacksaw to shorten and round grit ball attached to a drill motor to crown the barrel.
It's been said I have a keen eye for the obvious and an eye like a dead salmon.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2022 01:15 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Mayhap a motion sensor out in front attached to a solenoid on the trigger.

Or ....................

I just read an article about a new long range record being set. A target (half the size of a barn door) was hit on the 69th try at 4.4 MILES. The flight time of the bullet was just under 30 seconds.
A truly skillful caller could set up and shoot BEFORE the coyote even appeared. Or not. [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7581 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2022 01:17 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Walt ................
I've been told that I have a mind like a steel trap.
Snapped and rusted shut. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2022 08:11 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't have said it better!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31463 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters